The Doctor Makes All the Difference with Fillers (Juvederm)

I was apprehensive about having my nasolabial and...

I was apprehensive about having my nasolabial and marionette lines filled bc I didn't want to appear puffy and was also concerned about the degree of pain. I've had botox done for years, but I've heard fillers are more painful. My doctor spent over an hour numbing me with a topical, 4 injections in my mouth and then letting the anesthetic kick in. It was so worth the extra time. I didn't feel the injections at all. It felt like a slight scratching sensation. He took his time and I absolutely love the result, immediately. 24 hours later I have a tiny bruise and I'm slightly sore/swollen. He told me that I might notice up to 30% reduction when all the swelling goes down and I have a better idea of the full effect. He said his juvederm usually lasts 6-9 months. I feel like I look slightly different, but I'm ok with it bc "younger" is part of the change in appearance. Sorry I don't have a before, but you can get the idea with the swelling, fullness, etc. He used 1 tube.

I live near Fairfield, which doctor was this?

I live in Fairfield. Who did you go to?

BEAUTIFUL! So natural and YES INDEED the most important thing to do is locate and use the most experienced, well trained, highly recommended injector (MD.).....
Great result - they look very natural!
looks great. thanks for posting!

How long did the swelling last? Did you have bruising? I have heard the bruising can be pretty bad but I am not sure if that depends on the individual or not. Thanks for sharing your story and your photo!

From all the reviews I've read it certainly seems you are right, that an experienced injector makes all the difference. I'm so glad your filler came out well! I've been considering filler for a while & am almost to the point where I'm ready to get it. Its encouraging to read stories like yours with such nice results.

Please keep us posted on how it continues to look & feel. :)