Sculptra for Melting Face - Fairfield, CA

I'm 47 and have always been thin. Within the last...

I'm 47 and have always been thin. Within the last 3 years have noticed that my face seems to be melting away! Everything is starting to slide south. I notice some wrinkles on my cheeks which got progressively worse. After a consultation with a plastic surgeon for a mini facelift, he recommended Sculptra. I then did a lot of research over the last 3 years and finally decided to move forward because it has become so severe. I chose my MD based on the Sculptra website. She is a Diamond provider and is a trainer for other physicians. This is super important. You have to know that the person who is doing your procedure knows what they are doing and does it often.

I am 2 days post treatment. The swelling is starting to go down. I have bruised pretty good. It is my own fault. I took Ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling, which it did, however I now have purple bruising. FYI, don't plan on any social functions within days. That is why I took the Ibuprofen.

I will keep everyone posted.

So the swelling and bruising went down after a...

So the swelling and bruising went down after a full week. I had to wear a lot of makeup to cover the bruising. I noticed my wrinkles all come back as predicted after the swelling went down. However, on Friday March 29 at two weeks since I had my treatment, I swear that I see a difference. The lines on the sides of my cheeks are beginning to become less noticable. I attached a picture from today 04/01. You decide!

The latest picture is 6 weeks after my first...

The latest picture is 6 weeks after my first treatment. I am starting to see results, but it is slow. I went in for a follow-up with my MD and she suggested 2 additional vials. I again reiterated that I did not want to have that puffed up overdone looking face that many older women - Real Housewives of wherever - have. She assured me that would not happen. So I hope to continue to see improvement over the coming months. I will continue to post updated pics. Second treatment on 05/03/13.

Almost 4 months post 1st treatment

I took this tonight. It is 5 days away from 4 months since my first Sculptra treatment. I do have to let you know though I did have a Belotera treatment around my lip area for wrinkles and fine lines. So that helped there. Not sure I got $500 worth of results, but I had to try it since the lines around my mouth drive me nuts.

Back to Sculptra though... I definitely, am seeing my face plumping up. I feel it in my cheek bones when I wash my face and I notice my face looking better. My sister noticed that my face is looking better too. What do you think?

7.5 Almost 8 months Post First Treatment

I wanted to post an updated pic. I think my face is still looking better. I am debating on whether to get one more treatment or to wait until it has been a year and then perhaps do 2 more. I am so happy I got this treatment!

#rd Treatment on 11/08/13

I saw my MD on 11/08 and decided to have one further Sculptra treatment. It went well. Minimal bruising and she concentrated more on my cheek bones and temples to try to give me more of a lift. I am looking forward to the results. No matter cosmetic procedures for me for awhile! I'll post pics in a few weeks once the initial swelling goes down.
Solano Dermatology

Dr. Serena Mraz - Awesome Doc!