46 Year Old Mom of Two Had Medial Thigh Lift. - Fairfax, VA

Beginning as a young adolescent I suffered from a...

Beginning as a young adolescent I suffered from a condition called Hidradenitis suppurativa bilaterally in the groin area. The infections left horrible scars. There were other issues occurring when I began having these outbreaks which left me emotionally scarred, both events began around the same time. For almost three decades I suffered with these scars, internally and externally. But now, I look at my inner thighs, and even though I am still healing from the surgery, it is hard to believe what I see is me! He is truly a gifted surgeon.

?I don't think I was prepared for the extent of real down time...

I don't think I was prepared for the extent of real down time, and I healed really well! I was finally driving, albeit not too comfortably, by week 4. The healing in the back, the crease of the butt, has been the most challenging. I was pretty swollen the first week, in fact, I ended up using corn starch between my swollen inner thighs to help relieve the pain of rubbing.

Best advice was from my doctor, keep your knees together that first week, and I did!

Six weeks today

Still experiencing a little tenderness in butt crease , but overall feeling great and ready for summer. Dr Rao is fabulous and he has worked a miracle for me. I never thought I could be scar free.

6 months post op

Scaring is healing beautifully. I used a silicone gel once the rounds had healed, for several months and I think it really helped. I can't stress enough, if you are planning a medial thigh lift, make sure your PS anchors to your pelvic bone! I had no labia pulling at all.

Groin scars

Crease in butt from medial thigh lift

The scars in the back are healing nicely, I think my butt looks better now ! Just be patient, healing takes time.

Butt crease incision

Butt crease scars are truly hidden when standing. They continue to lighten and soften in texture. This pic is taken somewhat bent forward so you can really see them.
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

What struck me first about Dr. Rao was his compassion. I shared my painful story and he really heard me, not just pretended to listen, but truly expressed a genuine concern. He looked at the scarring and immediately determined that he could help me. Not only could he help me, but he had a plan that would not leave me with misshapen labia due to possible pulling of skin reattachmen. He would do the thigh lift with the best technique of anchoring the new skin to my pelvis. I am a fairly petite person, and although I had recently lost 25 lbs, there was not a lot of excess skin to work with. And yet, he was confident he could remove all the scarring. I remember in the operating room, as they prepared to but me to sleep, he patted my arm, reassuring me, telling me not to worry, he would take good care of me. And he did! He had prepared me for a common occurrence of wound separation, but that never happened, I healed with no problems. It has been four weeks, and although I am still recovering, I am thankful every day that my life's journey brought me to Dr. Rao. He may look young, but his skill as a surgeon is undeniable. His compassion, well, that is what truly makes him an outstanding doctor and human being.