Best $4000 I Ever Spent - Fairfax, VA

I had -5.00 vision in both eyes. Contacts were...

I had -5.00 vision in both eyes. Contacts were getting less and less bearable, and glasses are a pain to deal with of course. I went to a couple of places, finally decided on the one that uses all laser for everything (flap cutting as well as the correction). They didn't pressure me at all, and seemed like they were genuinely interested in my well being above the profit.

The procedure lasted about 15 minutes. My eyes were numb, but I could feel pressure from the instruments. Not painful, but uncomfortable. I did my best to cooperate with everything the doctor told me to do (look at the light, don't move your eye... not that you could if you wanted to, it's held in place with suction). As I got up from the surgery table I could already see 20/20, but everything looked hazy, like in a fog. They put goggles over my eyes, and on the drive back the numbing drops wore off. My eyes were watering pretty badly, and it felt as if I had sand in them. I just kept them closed.

When I got home, I put some more numbing drops in, and went to sleep. The next day I felt more or less fine. The haze was still there but much less so. Vision was perfect. It has been two weeks since my surgery. There is still a little haze, only at night and around bright lights, but I can still drive at night with no problems. According to the doctor, the haze should go away completely in a couple of months. Otherwise my vision is great (20/15 in both eyes) and I am very happy with the whole thing.

Dr. Boutros

They make the flap with a laser instead of blade which is supposed to be more accurate and reduces side effects. Also they didn't pressure me, were very attentive to all my concerns, and guided me through the whole procedure.

Just wondering, since it's almost been a year since your surgery .. Are your eyes still doing well and is your vision still great? I am from Fairfax VA also and I'm looking into doctors to perform the surgery around the area. Right now I'm looking at TLC Laser Eye Center, but I have heard commercials for Dr. Boutros before.. What are your suggestions?? Best, Kari
It feels like my vision has degraded slightly since the surgery. In the first few weeks after the surgery they tested me at 20/15, but the last time I came in it was 20/20. Another thing that contributes to clarity of vision is eye dryness. I think I had an issue with my eyes being dry back when I was wearing contacts, and it's gotten a bit worse with the surgery. I now use preservative free moisturizing drops, about 3-5 times a day. I notice my vision improves right after I put the drops in, and it gets worse when my eyes get dry. Not so bad that I can't function but probably a little worse than 20/20 when my eyes are dry. And I've read that eye dryness is a common post LASIK issue, so be prepared for that. Otherwise everything is okay. I'm still glad I did it. And if my vision ever deteriorates, I've got lifetime warranty with these guys (given that I come in for a free checkup once every 6 months).

Hi Spinhead -- Thanks the review! Just curious how old you are, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 26

Okay, I think I need to get my eyes checked! The first time I read your post I read "contacts" as "cataracts" (maybe I have them?). Oh my... sorry! ;)