Chin Implant Review - Minneapolis, MN

I was researching whether to have a chin implant...

I was researching whether to have a chin implant and potentially jaw angle implants or even a sliding genioplasty. I had septorhinoplasty December of the prior year to correct a deviated septum and large dorsal hump. After several months of research, I felt very confident in proceeding with Dr. Szachowicz to correct a pretty heavily receded chin. As a male, I felt this part of my appearance did not reflect my personality and was always a source of self-consciousness. The procedure itself was easy and the recovery was much better than the septorhinoplasty. There was some scary swelling the first few days, but that was expected and ultimately quickly subsided. I was barely able to fit into a large flowers mandibular glove implant given my facial structure but was happy I could. I am not sure I would have been happy with a smaller implant. Post procedure I was not able to feel any trace that the implant was moving or that something was amiss. To be extra sure nothing shifted, I had a titanium bone screw used as part of the procedure to fasten the implant in place. It looks completely natural and I am absolutely pleased with the result!

I have to say that this procedure along with other prior procedures have enabled me to go about in an office environment undetected and also undetected with family members unless I had revealed the procedures. There has been a tremendous amount more attention and compliments received but no one could quite pinpoint anything. I wish I had done this a decade earlier but costs and not being informed at a young age precluded this. This is certainly a life changing procedure and I am happy to undergone this. This subtle change makes an immeasurable difference to your appearance.
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Szachowicz is extraordinarily informed in all respects and was able to handle this procedure with ease, from the initial consultation to the post-op experience. The staff involved were extremely professional, controlled and put me at ease. The procedure was a walk in the park as expected compared to other surgeries. He is very passionate about his work and I am happy to continue going to him for future appointments.

Congrats on your procedure! Glad it met your expectations. I'm a little less than 3 weeks from getting a chin implant and stories like these make me less nervous about doing it. Thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I agree that chin implants can make a massive difference in looks, confidence level, and how you are perceived by others. I'm glad you're so happy with your results! Were there any supplies that especially helped as you recovered?