Facial Pixel Laser Treatment

I had pixel laser done to my face and under chin...

I had pixel laser done to my face and under chin area about 4 hours ago.  This is my 1st of 3.  I have always prided myself on being able to withstand pain. (2 children delivered with no medication).  This was sooooo painful.  I did not expect it to hurt so much.  I had to make myself continue once we began.

After the laser was finished, I had incredible pain for about 2 hours.  After that, I am doing just fine.  No pain.  Man, that hurt so much.  They wanted me to schedule my next appt today but honestly, I was in so much pain that I wasn't sure I could do another.  I will have to see results in the next week to see if I will be able to do it 2 more times.  I'm no wimp. This just hurts.

very compasionate, knowledgable

Hi
I wrote a small beginning of a review, but still is not available..
anyways, I want to continue here

Im on my 5th day of my pixel treatment. Now I feel confident enough to touch my face (specially after yesterdays exfoliation).
It feels so rough, like a mans face starting to grow beard, everywhere.

I guess you need to know I'm 29 years old, will be 30 soon and wanted to make my face look "younger" before my birthday.
To prevent my small wrinkles starting to get more pronunciated. I also wanted to eliminate some stains due to a short period of acne years ago.
Still, my skin is really healthy and I did it just out of pretension..or prevention one might say...

I'm glad you are feeling, a bit better about your skin, I imagine everyday it will only look better and better. When everything is all healed would you want to post a picture?

Hiii Again
and thanks for the support!

Im on my fourth day now and my skin looks slightly better but stil is not as lovely as I wish it was. so,
I still look like texture on pavement, but not so much and I think I deal with that fact better now.
I know Im inpatient and I was even thinking about never going trough this again... but i have tought I'd better finnish all the treatment as it's an opportunity to invest on my skin...

I dont know when I will be able to kiss someone... :O

I feel my skin pulls when I laughg or even open my mouth too much to eat.
I'll be patient...

Yeah, unfortunately the only thing you can be is patient, as you said it is only day 4. I'm sure you will be able to kiss someone again ;) Have you considered posting your experience as an actual review? Your experience would be sooo helpful and I think you would bond well and create good discussions with the other community members, because although you sound in pain you sound in really good spirits, which is great.

Thanks for continuing to be such a great part of the community.

Come be our friend on Facebook

hiiiiiiii

I had pixel 3 days ago and my face looks all pixelated!
Im so un-happy about it!!!!!
I dont know what to do, I feel like crying. It was painful but my skin looks horrible and this is so much worse for me that the short-lasting pain i felt.
I dont know until when to wait!
I want my face back!!!!!!!!

:((((((((

Hi London6549,

You said it had only been 3 days. One of our readers wrote in about how it had been three days and their face looked horrible. Here is some information our experts gave here in our Q&A. Hope this helps, please keep me informed of how everything goes. Also, you might want to consider posting a review of your experience it would help our readers. Please keep me updated on how you are doing.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

I just had my first pixel yesterday. I look like the cat woman who went under the knife one to many times. My face is swollen all around my eyes and my skin looks like I have been burnt by a welder. I am suppose to have 2 more treatments for acne scars. I have almost come to the conclusion that I will stick with my scars and deal with it. I hope I see some results and I will just get the photo facial. I had no clue that the pixel would be like this or I would have said no way.
I had pixel yesterday, it hurts but still tolerable. My doctor suggested me to put vaseline on my face so I have been applying vaseline the whole day. I haven't had any peels and my face looks the same as yesterday right after treatment, hopefully it will get better by time.
I had my second pixel/IPL treatment yesterday. I recommend a yogurt/oatmeal mask for several days after the procedure. Hope you love the results. I was pleased after the first so went ahead & had the second. I agree, it was painful, but this time I took an ibuprofen beforehand and it wasn't as painful--I don't know if the ibuprofen was the reason or just that I knew what to expect.