Recovery Taking Long Time - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I went through Gorgeous Getaways to Malaysia with...

I went through Gorgeous Getaways to Malaysia with Dr Nasir for facelift *brow, upper n lower eyes, jowl and neck lift*. Only problem is they want you to book into hopsital first, then Dr sees you just before surgery. I stood my ground and demanded a proper consultation first.. I recommand this to everyone.

Had 4 hours surgery, woke up with terrible pain in back of head. Had 2 very large lumps, 79 stapes and about 60 stitches.. Nurses worried, doctor finally came 12 hours later to check, said lumps seemed like bone!!! What kind of Dr says that! Had terrible experience, hopsital was still in process of being built and from 10am - 10pm jack hammering in concrete, so I had to book myself out of hospital on second night after op to go back to hotel for rest. WRONG..hotel had noisy people above and next door and every night 8.30pm - 4am noies so in 14 days had 4 das sleep.

Before leaving to come back to Australia saw doctor again about painful lumps on back of head and I TOLD HIM they were swollen lumph nodes, then he agreed! I have since got alopecia where they were swollen! Been back 5 weeks and eyes still VERY SWOLLEN and right eye is being dragged down so I cant shut my eye and lower right lid extremely sore on scar line and hurts to blink or move eye. Was it worth it? ill let you know in about 6 months.

I think next time ill stick to Australian doctor and australian surgeons even though they are 3 times more cost. Operation,threate, anestetic $5,500AUD, Airfare $860 + travel insurance, Hotel $1,880AUD, all up around $9,000AUD

Well its been 7 months and the results are...

Well its been 7 months and the results are terrible. My browlift is worse then before surgery. Its all lumpy, veins showing and horrible to look at. My right side of face has nerve damage and wont move much when I smile, and left side cheek is caved in so I have lob sided smile. One earlob has been pulled in more than the other and it appears hes reattached my right ear lower then the left. He pulled my brow lift uneven and my right eyebrow was lower than the other, so ive had to wax my eyebrows off and booked in for tattooing my eyebrows now. The bald spot at the back of my head has not had hair return He cut the back of my head lobsided, so the cut from left back of ear to back of head near neck is about 1 1/2 inches over to middle of head than the right side. I am so unhappy. Gorgeous Getaways have been horrible to me with the girl from Sydney. She has been rude and playing games refusing to answer my questions, saying WAIT.......WAIT....... WAIT... I finally wrote to CEO of GG through facebook who contacted the girl in Sydney. She had the nerve to tell me I was not allowed to talk to you guys or anyone else on the internet.. Who the hell do they think they are telling me who I can and cannot talk to? I call them HELL GETAWAYS and Dr Nasir is a butcher. They finally after my contacting the CEO sent me official forms for REVIEW to look at corrective surgery. Are they kidding? I wouldnt let that butcher near me again! I told GG to never contact me again. My Finace paid $1500 for Ostoplasty on his ears. There is NO difference. We supplied photos of before and after and after 7 months, GG never contacted him!! PLEASE, EVERYBODY, DO NOT GO THROUGH GORGEOUS GETAWAYS or the Malaysian Doctors! I cant speak for Thailand Drs or others overseas, but its NOT worth it. I look worse then when I started and I now have to look in the mirror at this nightmare for the rest of my life. I have had 6 cosmetic surgeries over 30 years and all have been wonderful with great results...except this time! STAY AWAY FROM GORGEOUS GETAWAYS-HELL GETAWAYS
Dr Nasir

Received email advert for Gorgeous Getaways who provide each cosmetic surgery overseas

Hi. Thanks for posting. I think it's really important to warn people against these sorts of package surgery deals. I'm glad you posted. Perhaps it will shame that terrible sham of a company into paying for a correction with a proper surgeon. Just terrible!
Hi would it be possible to see your before and after photos ? Showing your full face ?
Hi - yes I would be happy to send you before and after pictures, don't want them posted on the internet though. Please PM me with your email address and I will send to you staight away. My results have been fantastic - couldn't be happier.
Oh god :'( I wish I'd seen this sooner!! I thought I'd dug deep enough, obviously not!! I'm nearly 3 weeks post op from having Breast Augmentation with Dr Nasir in KL and my left boob is stuffed. I'm devastated. I can't believe it. I am hoping they will organise a revision for it but I don't want to leave my son for another 12 days!!! :'( I cannot believe how shattered I am :'( If they don't do something about it I WILL definitely go to media!!
Hi Emily did you contact the dr again ?
dr nasir and gg is the worst, i would not recommend them i now have constant pain
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thats good but some people were horribly disfigured by this doctor using us as Guinea pigs for his trainees. I for one came home with large scars above my eyebrows, still visible 3 years on and cannot be fixed, ears at different levels, and severe horrible scars all over my neck, and performed by different hands according to three plastic surgeons here..but I acknowledge we may be the minority and am only happy for those who get Great results
Having read this review after booking with Dr Nadir in Kuala Lumpur , with surgery to be done at Beverley Wiltshire medical centre having the exact same procedures as Sharkey I became somewhat concerned and started to. Worry about my decision... well now almost 4 weeks post op I am very please with my discussion, amazing care received at the medical centre and by both Dr Nadir and his wonderful anesthetist... I am sorry for those who have had a bad experience but I could not complain at all about gorgeous getaways, the accomadation at park royal suites, or any of my treatment ... all first class... I will write a full review and post pics for anyone interested..
Sorry Dr Nasir. Predictive text error
Hi there. I have just sent you a PM. I would very much like to see your full review and pictures of your surgery with Dr Nasir. I am booked to have mid/lower face lift, neck lift and upper and lower eye lift next Tuesday 17/12. Very worried after finding this forum. Thank you.
i vomited for 4 days post sugery and had to ask for iv fluids, the nurses didnt have a clue , really, concider yourself very lucky,
Hello Shakey, I hope things settled down for you. Thanks for sharing your story and wish you all the best!
Dont use Gorgeous Getaways..they use patients as guinea pigs...their promise and guarantee is worth nothing...I know...they just fob u off..and often the damage done cannot be fixed..scars lasting a lifetime. They bank on human nature that we will b too embarrassed and ashamed to go public..and they r right..who wants to subject themselves to public ridicule over vanity...no one has sympathy for botched cosmetic surgery..GG patients are used as training dummies for doc and nurses in third world countries..No matter how cheap or alluring the ad..DONT GO
Thank you dear, i understand and i know how you feel...i do my nose with dr jalil, i think he is one of the doctor under Orgeous gateaway..i read good review about him, but its been 6 years and i regret it so much. I want to do revision but i dont have money, so i start saving, maybe i will do my revision january next year. The sad thing is my husband called me penelope after the movie.
OmG so scary..thanks for sharing, can u post your latest picture? Tqs
I had the same problem, same company same surgeon . Have bald patches. Awful scaring, and uneven eyebrows, the whole surgical thing was a awful experience, was a once in a life time thing for me, I saved hard for this disaster
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This is such a wonderful site. I am so thankful I found it and that you Shakey were courageous and brave enough to start it. I have been researching Gorgeous Getaways for ages and had chosen Dr Nasir as the surgeon I would see. There was so much wonderful stuff written about him. The funny thing is, is that yesterday I sold my house and finally have the means to go ahead with my dream surgery!. I went to find the GG site in particular Kualar Lumpa and it had all changed. It doesnt look nearly as flash anymore and secondly there is no Dr Nasir on the site anymore. There are only the other 4 doctors left. I am wondering if you excellent site has anything to do with this. Shakey I truely thank you for everything you have done here and I hope you can get something done about the injuries that doctor has done to you. I think you have saved lots of people pain.
I totally agree. I would not reccomend Beverley Wilshire to anyone. The worst service, rude receptionists, Drs who always cancel. The owners have no idea that the Drs and staff are tarnishing their good name. Better find a Dr in Singapore. Beverley Wilshire Kuala Lumpur is a disgrace!
I think we need to all get a class action going against Gorgeous Getaways, because they suggested these doctors to us, and if as it seems Dr Nasir uses students or infact had someone else operate on us, we all need to get a class action suit agaisnt them all. My face is lobsided. its now been over 12 months and each side of my face is different.. The right side is almost paralysed, so I have a crooked smile and its drooping already where the left side of my face looks like part of the muscle has been cut out. Its giving me a "gaunt" look with sunken in cheek and crooked smile. I have to look at this everyday and its very depressing... Anyone know a laywer who will take on a class action for us..these people Gorgeous Getways and Dr Nasir need to pay for our physical and psychological pain we all have to endure for the rest of our lives...
Shakey, I agree with you 100%. These people promise innocent people a confident and happy life.Maybe they're not aware of what goes on under the knife.Only the surgeon has all the answers. We are not "vain" people some of us have had terrible,traumatic pasts which have led us to age faster.Surgery is a ray of hope for us to start our lives anew looking and feeling brighter and refreshed. I was actually told by someone that he uses a student surgeon to "practice" on us.I don`t know if this is true ,it could just be a malicious rumor started by an ex employee. All I do know is that this whole experience has given me post traumatic stress disorder.I can`t go outside without wearing tape on my scars as that look hideous front and back.I believe in karma and a true believer in "what goes around comes around".
I had a similar experience with the sme mob and same doctor..they did nothing and he has scarred me for life on my face..he performed an eyebrow lift which no one does any more instead of the agreed forehead lift scarring me over both eyes..three yearss and they are still very deep, loss of feeling on my face and loss of hearing. Uneveness in the scarring took me to see two plastic sureons here who stated they believed two different surgeons operated on me while i while out of it..they suggested to get the cheap prices we are guiness pigs for stuent doctors..could not agree more..too ashamed to tell anyone and have been ignored by gorgeous getaways would tell anyone not to go with them..one woman there had a full body lift and it split opend and she was seerly traumatised..I am a nurse and looked after her as GG did not a thing. They hve ignored any requests for revision as promised in their ads..and I got out the least damaged of everyone else there with me!! you are not on your own
Mayhemdiva I also got disfigured by the same Doctor in 2010. I had a "Mini Facelift" with maximum scars.He has left me a recluse. Also the sides of my face are uneven like two people did the Op. I have tried to send you a message but the site won`t let me. Please send me a message
I am am sorry and I know how you feel...I need to do revisions but I havent got enough money yet..I totally regret but this is the consequence I get for rushing into PS