Dr.Maloney negative experience - Naples,FL

I wanted to take about 10 years from my appearance.

I wanted to take about 10 years from my appearance.

Research well before allowing any Dr.to perform...

Research well before allowing any Dr.to perform surgery on your face.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr.M is not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Said Board certifies Drs.trained as Plastic Surgeons and was created in 1931. Dr.M is an Otolarynologist,essentially an ENT -check the FL Dept.of Health website-and is certified by a Board created in 1986 by a group of Drs.who wanted to cross over into the more lucrative field-especially here in FL- of plastic surgery. Do not be fooled by fancy titles,so-called certifications,and self-aggrandizing advertisements.In fact,do your homework.Google Dr.M/complaints and read everything. After a # of surgeries by Dr.M,all at my expense,I had corrective-Dr.M left me w/banding,pixie ear,lack of symmetry etc.-by a Naples plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

To clerify-Dr.Gulin corrected the problems caused by Dr.Maloney's surgeries. Again,check the FL Dept.of Health website for Discipline and Complaint issues before choosing a surgeon.
I had a number of procedures done by Dr. Maloney more than ten years ago. The results that I had were amazing. He truly made me feel like a beautiful woman. I will forever be great-full for his attention to detail along with his operating skills. When I need another procedure, I will jumping on a plane to see him.
I am sorry if you are not unhappy with your results. However, there is a major problem I have with this review. This review sounds like it was posted by or stimulated by one of Dr. Maloney's General Plastic Surgery (General Plastic Surgeons receive a large part of their training in abdominal, breast, body, and hand surgery) competitors in Naples who has been following this line of criticism for years. Dr. Maloney is a very well respected Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. Although an individual can criticize their results, the credentials of a Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon are impeccable.
I have emailed Dr Prendiville about this response and have offered to meet w/him and share photos taken after surgeries performed by Dr Richard Maloney. Absent that meeting ,I had asked him to w/d this response. Dr.Maloney's history can be reviewed by a simple google search,but more recently by visiting the FL Dept.of Health website. Dr Prendiville knows quite well that a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is one who has been specifically trained to perform cosmetic surgeries of the face,breast,and body and no otolarynologist is legally able to do so,no matter how impressive the title of the certification . In Naples,there is no shortage of oral surgeons,otolaryn.,and eye surgeons who perform "plastic surgery" on patients.Those contemplating cosmetic surgery should do their homework before undertaking such a serious procedure.
You are making an issue of your unhappiness with your Doctor into an issue of improprieties in Board Certification. The two are separate issues and you are stating that Board certification in Otolaryngology makes it inappropriate for a Surgeon to perform Facial Plastic Surgery when nothing could be further from the truth. I am trained in Otolaryngology and Facial Plastic Surgery and can perform Facial Plastic and reconstructive procedures on the face based on a personal and specialty status that backs up my work. Your tirade against Otolaryngologists is part of the "turf battle" that was fought and won by Facial Plastic Surgeons long ago; in fact, in Florida and virtually every state, the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery is a recognized specialty and you have no grounds to make criticisms of my specialty based on your unhappiness with your Doctor. Most patients who see me in the Southwest Florida area, do so because I specialize only in faces and am not squeezing in a Facelift between a hand surgery and a breast augmentation; if you would like to discuss your case with me, I encourage you to schedule a consultation. I see patients from the whole area who have had unhappy experiences with General Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Surgeons alike; I attribute the causes of these circumstances to a variety of factors, but the claims you make are not a part of the equation. However, since you have raised the question about specialty appropriateness in Facial Surgery, I feel it is best to review history. The injuries created in the 1st and 2nd World War required a new approach to facial reconstruction. Out of this circumstance arose a leader in this field, an Otolaryngologist named Sir Harold Delf Gillies from New Zealand. The specialty of Plastic Surgery was created in this country in 1931 based on the influences of Otolaryngology, Oral Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and General Surgery. The specialty had a more General Surgery political bias and a natural turf battle between Plastic Surgeons and Facial Plastic Surgeons (Otolaryngologists) was born. That turf battle is now over (with the exception of Naples) where I still hear some of my Plastic Surgery colleagues uttering the same illogical statements as were made in the 1930's. If you have a problem with your Doctor, make the complaint about your Doctor, but do not slander my specialty in the mix
'Methink thou doth protest too much'. That said,I renew my offer to meet w/you and you can view photos of the result of the face and neck lift surgeries performed on me by Dr.Maloney-surgeries which left me with ,in the words of other surgeons I consulted,banding,foldover,pixie ear etc. Finally,before having surgery for any reason,check your state's Dept.of Health for any substantiated complaints against your surgeon and also check the Dept.s of any other state where that surgeon may have practiced.
Again. Sorry about your experience. Would be happy to meet with you
Hi, just wondering... where did you have this procedure done? I mean what company or was this Dr. part of a private practice? Best, Chrystal
Dr Richard Maloney Naples,FL