Facelift Concerns

Hi, It's been 3 weeks since I'd a facelift. The...

Hi,

It's been 3 weeks since I'd a facelift. The bruises are still very dark in some areas. Should I be allarmed? Thank you, Cindy

There is nothing wrong with my surgeon. The procedure was to remove the cyst on my face, but I just not sure if it is really worthed since I experience a severe hematoma after the surgery and suffered a lot of pains.

Hi, I had my face lift 1.5 yrs. ago. After most of the swelling went down, I discovered a 1" by 1/4" long raised lump my plastic surgeon diagnosed as a hematoma in my right cheek. I was assured it would go away. After 6 weeks, he recommended cortisone injections to aid in healing. Now, 1.5 yrs later, I'm still getting the injections every 2 months, the lump is smaller but now I have what appears to be a permanent bruise spot over the remaining lump. I call it permanent because at this point I don't think it's ever going to go away. I can feel the hard scar tissue inside my cheek. If you look closely, the skin looks lumpy. The scar still feels active because it hurts and itches sometimes. Did the cortisone cause the swelling of the vessels and will more shots increase the discoloration? Will it ever get better? Thanks!
A hematoma after a facelift can result in discoloration of the skin that may be present for months. In rare cases, permanent discoloration can occur. If discoloration is still present a month after the surgery, you may be able to improve the situation with some laser or IPL treatments. Other skin care treatments (such as a lightening cream) may be helpful.