Fabulous Tummy Tuck, Mumbai, India.

I had a tummy tuck two years back at the Karkhanis...

I had a tummy tuck two years back at the Karkhanis Hospital in Thane. My transformation continues to thrill me even now when so much time has passed. I had not kept this a secret from my friends and family. They all tried to deter me initially. It is surprising that there are so many misconceptions about cosmetic surgery. I was told that I would gain more weight than before. Nothing of the sort has happened. My tummy is flat and smooth. The stretch marks and cesarean scars are gone.An added bonus is that my back ache and other problems have also disappeared.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  It's nice to hear from women who are a couple of years post op and still loving the results.  It would be nice to see a pre op and current post op pic.  You know we are all such visual people:)

Thinking back do you have any recovery tips you could share with us?

When I look back now, I feel that the two weeks...

When I look back now, I feel that the two weeks following the surgery were the toughest. There was pain and discomfort, but more significantly, I was beset by doubts about the operation. For years the focus of my style of dressing was to look for clothes which camouflaged my tummy. Now there was a complete turnaround, and I needed to discover a new personal style.
I went back to work at the end of three weeks of my operation and all doubts disappeared. The reaction of my friends and colleagues was positive. I feel I was lucky to have found such a skillful doctor. I had been impressed by the shining ultra modern hospital and the confident demeanor of the doctor. I later found out that Dr. Sameer is a well reputed and super qualified sureon. So, my advice to all who are seeking cosmetic surgery is to go ahead. This really changes one's life. Two years later I still receive compliments about how young I look.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr. Sameer Karkhanis

I had meticuloulsly made a list of the top doctors in Mumbai for my tummy tuck. The first doctor I met was Dr. Sameer. I was so impressed by his intelligence and sincerity which shine through his personality, that I threw away my list. He answers all queries directly and honestly. Post operative care at his well equipped, modern hospital is perfect, the staff and nurses are polite and prompt. I would rate him and his hospital very highly.