Eye Brow Lift May Not Improve Crows Feet

5 1/2 months ago, I had a brow lift procedure...

5 1/2 months ago, I had a brow lift procedure including lower eyelid incisions to improve the midface area.

Given realistic expectations, I see the improvement of the lower eye area and even the folds around nose and mouth. Recovery of scars and fluid build up around the crowsfeet seems to take a lot longer than I had expected. I had very teary eyes for at least 10 weeks with considerable blurriness. Pain was tolerable and well managed with Hydrocodone.

I came into the consultation with my doctor complaining about crowsfeet and deepening wrinkles around nose and mouth. I didn't need a full face lift because my skin is nice and jawline well defined. Plus I already had a face lift done by the same doctor about 12 years ago which was extremly successful. He recommended a browlift over eyelid surgery but didn not educate me enough about the subject of crowsfeet and how neither blepharoplasty nor browlift will necessarily improve them.

I actually think that they are even more visible at this point because the lifting of the upper face area pulled them up just a little bit into a postition where they are more noticable. Combined with the very slow healing to a completly normal look, I'm beginning to get impatient and wonder whether the investment of nearly $8000.- was overall worth it.

The scars from the incisions on the lower eyelids are still quite prominent after almost 6 months now. Is there a product or treatment I can apply to reduce or eliminate them. I hear there are scar creams and such but I'm not sure how effective they really are for incisions like this.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I have a good rapport with this doctor and he has done several procedures that I was extremly happy with.