Great Experience with Juvederm! - Iowa

I had Juvederm injected to fill in the hallows...

I had Juvederm injected to fill in the hallows under my eyes. I was nervous after reading lots of bad reviews but am really glad I went ahead with it.

My doctor did the injections on two visits spaced a week apart. IF this is your first time, I would recommend this. This allows the doc to be very modest with the first round of injections, which was comforting as I was concerned about over filling the area. It also gives you the opportunity to get EXACTLY the look you want.

After a week, you were able to tell which areas needed a bit more, and which didn't. I suppose the only down side is that you have to be stuck twice, but the pain was so minimal that it made no difference to me. At both visits, the doctor put a numbing cream under my eyes and made me sit for half an hour with it on.

The injection itself also had lidocaine in it. I wouldn't say the procedure was absolutely painless, but it certainly wasn't any worse that plucking your eyebrows. After the injection I had no noticeable swelling and just a small bruise at the injection site under my right eye. I made sure to drink plenty of water during the days before and after the injections. I also iced the area a few times at home on the days I had the procedure.

I am extremely happy with the results and it looks exactly the way I had hoped it would. I would suggest that you do your homework beforehand and be sure to go to someone who has had extensive experience with injectables. If you are considering Juvederm don't be scared! I really think that all these negative comments represent the minority of people who have this procedure and don't do their homework, or bargain shop for their plastic surgeon.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Thanks so much for your impute. Informing our readers to drink water and do your homework is always a great tip. Do you have any pictures?