Every Day Gets Better

I am a 27 year old mother of a 6 year old and 2...

I am a 27 year old mother of a 6 year old and 2 year old. I dieted and exercised regularly but still had a pooch, ugly belly button and stretch marks. I had a full tummy tuck and lipo along flanks 2/5/09.

The first few days alot of swelling and pain. Had a pain pump which helped alot. The drain stings quite a bit when they pull it out. It's been almost 2 weeks and i'm sore but most of the swelling and pain have gone. For me, the worst parts is trying to care for my kids, not being able to cuddle my kids and trying to get sleep.

My back and knees ache and I don't care for sleeping on my back. Sometimes I forget and lift my son a little. I'm starting to straighten up more when I walk but I am stiff and still slump alot. My belly button seems a bit high but the doctor said he couldn't put it any lower since my stretch marks under it made my skin like paper mache.

I go to get stitches out today. I recommend having someone to care for you and your kids a least about 9 days post-op and have lots of entertainment for you and your kids. I can do more and am less stiff every day.

I hope this helps anyone considering or has had the surgery. Just do your homework, be prepared and have realistic expectations. The doctors can only work with what you have.

hi, i am also from spokane,wa and am looking in to getting a tt.if you dont mind me asking..what plastic surgeon did you use? dr. olivia seems very niece!! good reviews but im still not sure whitch one to choose?

No doubt about the house, mine looks terrible! My husband has been great too. My mom helps sometimes but has 1st stage skin cancer and can only do so much. I do have to say my hubby has become quite the cook! Since we had tt so close, i'm curious, are you completely straightened up yet? Also, do you still have some water on the belly? That's something I'm a bit concerned with since my doc says the nerves can't attach while the water is present. I would love to hear back from you, I spend alot of time on my laptop while healing.
I am 27 years old mother of two boys 7 and 8. I got my tt 2/4/09, thank god finally. My poor boys want to snuggle too but my sides are a little sore when the elbow or a knee hit me. Thank god for my mom and husband for helping me with them. Everyday is better baseball season has started and my boys have been great taking on responsibility, for themselves. I cant wait to be supper mom again. Oh yeah I never knew I loved cleaning my house until I couldn't do it anymore. Keep in Touch if you want compare recovery.

He and staff keep you comfortable and prepared.