Every Day Gets Better

I am a 27 year old mother of a 6 year old and 2...

I am a 27 year old mother of a 6 year old and 2 year old. I dieted and exercised regularly but still had a pooch, ugly belly button and stretch marks. I had a full tummy tuck and lipo along flanks 2/5/09.

The first few days alot of swelling and pain. Had a pain pump which helped alot. The drain stings quite a bit when they pull it out. It's been almost 2 weeks and i'm sore but most of the swelling and pain have gone. For me, the worst parts is trying to care for my kids, not being able to cuddle my kids and trying to get sleep.

My back and knees ache and I don't care for sleeping on my back. Sometimes I forget and lift my son a little. I'm starting to straighten up more when I walk but I am stiff and still slump alot. My belly button seems a bit high but the doctor said he couldn't put it any lower since my stretch marks under it made my skin like paper mache.

I go to get stitches out today. I recommend having someone to care for you and your kids a least about 9 days post-op and have lots of entertainment for you and your kids. I can do more and am less stiff every day.

I hope this helps anyone considering or has had the surgery. Just do your homework, be prepared and have realistic expectations. The doctors can only work with what you have.

He and staff keep you comfortable and prepared.