miracle! - Everett, WA - Everett, WA

For 7 years I had nearly constant migraines. I...

For 7 years I had nearly constant migraines. I tried every medication possible in that time. After two years of debating with myself I finally tried Botox for migraines a week and a half ago.
There were a lot of injections and it was uncomfortable but my doc gave me (by request) something for anxiety prior to the procedure which helped immensely.
Less than a half an hour later I was on my way again (with a someone to drive me because of the anxiety meds.) and woke up the next morning with no headache of ANY kind for the first time in years!
A week and a half later I can say that I have had whispers of headaches but nothing major and the only side effect that I am aware of AT ALL is slight insomnia which one dose of Melatonin fixes. (That may just be from relief from pain rather than the Botox its self) and a diminishing of fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes.
I guess there is one other thing...I feel the vague sense that something is missing. It's like losing a sadistic security blanket or something. It's GOOD that it's missing but it feels odd.
For me, it has been THE ONLY THING that has helped and the degree to which it is helping is absolutely stunning. It is supposed to become more effective the more treatments you have. I don't think everyone responds instantly to it the way that I have but if you have tried everything else, and you're desperate but still scared to try it- remember that it IS temporary. If it doesn't agree with you it WILL go away in a couple of months. :)
Everett Clinic Neurology

My neurologist is an amazing woman. I am lucky to have found her.