Finally! - Evansville, IN

Hi - I am 51 years old and my surgery is scheduled...

Hi - I am 51 years old and my surgery is scheduled for December 11, 2013. I have had large breasts for years. Every year they seem to get bigger. Even when I lose weight, they don't any get smaller. I am very nervous and anxious, but I have wanted this for so long that I cannot back out. I would like to hear positive feedback from all of you, but especially the older women. Thanks in advance for the encouragement!!!
I TOO am 51. I had my reduction 7 weeks ago. Doing fine, a couple little spots near t-section still healing, but not bad. SOOO glad I did it, you will be too. Feel free to view my profile and read my posts
Thank you, HappySuzy! I will check out your profile. Thanks so much for the encouragement!!
Hi there, I'm 49 and had my BR just 10 days ago. Feel free to read my review and see my photos. Even with my decent amount of weight loss, my breasts didn't get any smaller. I had only met my surgeon 1-2x before the day of my procedure but knew others who had great work done by him. Your date is right around the corner! I'm excited for you :-)

Feeling anxious

OK girls - I need some encouragement!! Please!!!! I was looking at some of the pics on this website and the some of the pics are upsetting me. I know I will be happy I did this. I need to hear encouragement and I know you girls will help!!!!! Thank you in advance!!! 5 days and counting.....
You CAN do this! You'll be glad you did. I am 51 also, and had my reduction 8 weeks ago. BEST decision ever.
Thanks!!!
Feeling anxious is pretty normal - I mean it's surgery. I had my BR 17 days ago and have not had any problems or real complaints to speak of. Feel free to check out my review for more info and pics. My recovery has gone well, no reason yours won't too :-)

Surgery completed!

Well, I had my surgery yesterday. Everything went pretty well! They look smaller than I thought they would. Look forward to feeling better!
Congrats on a successful surgery!! Happy healing!! I look forward to following your post.
Congratulations on a successful surgery! Happy healing :-)

Day 4 post op

Hi - It's day four. The pain meds are making me nauseated. I'm feeling very anxious. I really need some encouragement. I'm resting mostly. I went out and had my hair washed yesterday. I guess I thought this would be easier than it has been - even though it hasn't been terrible. I know I will be happy with the end results, but right now I'm just taking one day at a time. I went to the doctor 2 days ago and he changed my dressing and removed my drains. Tomorrow I go again. I could use some prayers!!!
I've only had a breast reduction, but I do know that the first 5 days are rough. I agree with JennyDriscoll, you will turn a corner somewhere between day 5-8. Then you should mostly be tired and sore. Hang in there sweet girl. (((HUGS)))
Thanks!! : )
I am starting to feel a little better. I want to go shopping for new shirts!! :)

Best Bra?

Hey ladies! I just got back from the doctor. I am 5 days post op and he told me to get a couple more "supportive" bras. I like to hear what worked best for you ladies. Thanks!
5 days post op and he wants you to use more supportive bras? That's awfully vague, he didn't give any more specifics than saying "more supportive"?
He talked about the "athletic" bras with the wider bands on the side. I have two of the bras that clasp in the front right now and I feel kind of bouncy. He said, "No bouncing!" LOL

Day 5

So glad to be on the other side of the surgery. I've been mostly resting and watching movies. I'm starting to get excited thinking of all the dresses and beautiful shirts I'm going to be able to wear now. Still need to purchase a few comfortable bras. Right now, I am wearing the Fruit of the Loom bras I purchased at Walmart that latch in the front. I'm ready for a more comfortable one. Any suggestions?

12 day post op

Feeling pretty good today!!!! Still sore, but very pleased!!!! Looking forward when the bruising is gone and the scars fade!!!! : )

4 weeks post op

OK - it's been four weeks now and I'm feeling so much better. I've been back to work for about 10 days. I still have some pain but very tolerable. I did a little too much yesterday which made me hurt more and today I had a tiny leak in might right breast in an area that is almost healed. It's my "problem child" as my husband calls it. (The right breast is the one my suction drain kept messing up right after surgery.) I am starting to feel good about my breasts. I took a "Week 4" picture and I thought "Wow, they are starting to look good." They are not bruised and the surgical wounds are healing nicely. I will post pictures as soon. I am tired of wearing a bra, but that's minor in comparison to carrying around melons. HA HA! For all you ladies considering this surgery, go for it!!!! You will be happy you did it!

4 weeks post op

I am at 4 1/2 weeks post op and I'm starting to like my new shape and look. I am still burning and hurting, but it is tolerable. I went back to work at 3 weeks and I think that I need to be more careful. Overall, I am feeling better and better every day. I will post pics soon. I have started taking more pics of "after" now that they are looking better. Just want to say to all the gals that are considering this surgery, "GO FOR IT!!! and do not wait. You will be so happy that you did"!!!
Dr.J. Doepker

I have only met with him twice, but I know at least 3 ladies who have had breast reductions from him and they all were very pleased with his work!