Cant Wait Until Its Gone :) - Esher, GB

I have had the tattoo for 16 years and I have...

I have had the tattoo for 16 years and I have wanted it gone forever! It is awful I gave hated it for so long!!! I was young and obviously dumb when I got it back then, I dud a patch test about two years ago a skn clinics for their ruby laser but never proceeded with the treatment. I was hoping and praying that sooner or later a new more advanced method of tattoo removal would come along. And to my joy last week after googling tattoo removal I came across an add for Picosure!
After reading about it and watching demonstration videos I realised that this is what I had been waiting for all these years!!
Alas I Google nearest clinics to me and discovered that there in only 2 salons in Europe and the UK that offer the Picosure laser. So I made my first appointment to go a day later for my first treatment. I was so happy and excited, lol. Sounds crazy but really I was, I thought yes this tattoo is finally going to be gone soon.
I used the emla cream to numb the area before my drive to the salon (an hour journey from where I live) but it didn't make any difference lol so don't bother!!
Ben the doctor was amazing he was very friendly and polite and made me feel very comfortable. He explained about the machine, the treatment process and examined my tattoo and checked all my paperwork to ensure everything was fine. It was all good so he proceeded with the treatment. It hurts I'm not going to lie, it is like being burned with a mini iron literally. But the pain literally lasted about 15 seconds and that was all. My tattoo is on my chest and is 5cm by 3cm and just black ink. It turned white straight away and Ben explained thus was normal for after laser treatment. He said to keep it covered in vaseline for 3 days and covered with a wound/gauze pad especially whilst it blisters and to not to submerge it in water etc. That was that it was over :) I was happy, even though it hurt I knew I was one step on the way to it being gone forever :)
Then I left the clinic, now for the after effects lol. It felt very warm on the area for a good few hours, I put vaseline on it and left it then after a few hours I had another look at it and nearly fainted lol. OMG!!! it literally looked like Freddy Kruegers face!!! looool. I wish I was joking! It blistered soooo bad!!! it was so ugly, but I proceeded to add vaseline and cover with gauze as I had been told. A day later it was very red and still blistered and a part of it had the biggest blister I had ever seen in my entire life lol, no really. But I knew this was just the healing process and that it wouldn't be forever so I would just need to bear with it. I kept it covered with a gauze and moist with vaseline (every 4 ish hours) especially overnight for the first 3 nights. It's been a week now and there are no blisters, it's faded significantly and I can see parts where there is just an outline :) I am thrilled as it's only been a week and I was told from the treatment the ink will come away from the skin over the following weeks. I can't wait till it's gone and I'm so pleased with the results so far. I have my next treatment in the first week of November. Ben said that I would need 2 or 3 treatments in total before its gone. I am so happy that I started the treatment as hopefully it will be gone by February next year. I can't wait :) it's costly but if you really dislike a tattoo it has to be done! I will add pics and update again soon. If you have a tattoo that you hate trust me you need Picosure it's well worth it :)
Ben

Ben at Trueskin Esher, Surrey, England

Hi, just ran into this post and wondering how its going? It'd sure be great to hear from someone who should be seeing some results by now, please update us! Thanks!
Hey! I'm having my treatment at the same place as you, so its been good to read your review. My first session was yesterday and I'm in the 'Freddie Krooger' phase at the moment! Not nice. I'm anxious to see what it's going to look like when it's healed. I'd love to see some pictures of where your at now? :)

Thanks so much for sharing your story about your tattoo removal with the Picosure, I have heard some wonderful things about this laser! Can't wait to see your photos!