Lap Band Procedure - Erie, PA

I jhad my lap band 3 years ago and love it. It is...

I jhad my lap band 3 years ago and love it. It is a slow work in progress to lose the weight. Its taken me 3 years to get my goal and have lost 60# pounds which doesn't sound like a lot. It takes time for your body to adjust to the band being adjusted. You have a port that is filled with saline.I finally knew that feeling when it was right last year. I hadn't had a feel again till this March. I had gained 10# and knew it needed adjusted. After it was adjusted the weight came off plus I lost some more. I am 4#under the goal set by my dr and have lost54% of my excess weight. Most pt lose 45-50% of their excess weight. What I have found is I have lost the weight and it has stayed off except the weight I gained this year. But that was an easy fix.

I had the lap band because I was very unhealthy and had high blood pressure and was on 3 different meds to control it. I am now off the meds and the healthiest I've been in my life. I've also had knee replacements and there was a worry that they would have to be replaced due to the excess weight. I don't need to see that dr anymore as he feels with the weight loss my knees should last. I also got off some meds for my arthritis.

The only problem I have is severe gerd and have been trying to get that under control. I had this before my surgery. The only complication I've ever had is the current one that my band slipped. I knew right away there was a problem. I probaly wouldn't have know early on. I see the dr 2morrow to see what needs done. I think I'm going to ask him to remove all fluid in my port till after my tt and tl surgery.

Because I don't eat a lot and especially protein I have started using protein powders in my food and drinks. Its very important to be eating nutritiously at this time and to increase your protein. The protein especially will help with healing. I hope this helps. Any questions feel free to ask. I'm glad you asked

My dr and his partner are the only ones in my city. I didn't want to try anywhere else to have this done. I wanted to be near my dr in case there were problems. The insurance paid for this and I don't remember the cost. That is why I put the figure above otherwise I couldn't post this.