A Good Experience... - Englewood, CO

Had I known what I know now, I would have chosen...

Had I known what I know now, I would have chosen Dr. Imola for my initial rhinoplasty. Unfortunately, I didn’t thoroughly research the process or meet with multiple doctors for my initial and as a result I spent a year and half dwelling over my nose and saving up to fix my lack of responsibility. Like many of you on the ‘revision rhinoplasty’ blog, I was devastated with my results. I chose a high-profile ENT/plastic surgeon out of Denver who specialized in rhinoplasty. I figured I couldn’t go wrong. I should have lived with my original nose but I couldn’t not know the possibility so I went through with the rhinoplasty. While I admit I had a great profile (I went for hump removal), the aesthetics were completely unattractive--frontal view--and every, (literally every), aspect of my nose was altered: it was longer, wider, flared nostrils with a completely redone tip. The smile everyone says you will get back after a few months was gone—no more teeth show. My nose looked and felt like a prosthetic limb that was added on to my face… and it didn’t fit.

After a year of expressing my concerns to the doctor and being dismissed by both he and his staff with what a great job it was, I knew I needed to find a professional because the nose I had was unacceptable.

This process brought me to Dr. Imola. I selected Dr. Imola after a thorough search. I met with multiple doctors in different states to hear their recommendations. I took my time and scoured the RealSelf website. What I found in Dr. Imola was he was personal (good bed-side manner), he listened to my concerns, he was honest and explained what he could and could not do with what he had to work with and what I wanted, and he wasn’t rushed in the appointments. He showed me, and then showed me again, what he was going to do. Knowing my husband was hesitant for me to go through with the procedure again, Dr. Imola discussed with him the process I would be going through to put him at ease. His follow-up was thorough and his office staff attentive. There is something to be said about compassion, understanding, and follow through.

As for my nose, I finally have harmony. Dr. Imola has an eye for aesthetics and made the changes that were needed to get my nose back in balance with the rest of my features. My confidence is back and I am no longer embarrassed to look people in the eye.

I understand that with any plastic surgery experience there is always the possibility of undesirable results regardless of the doctor’s qualification and experience. The most experienced doctor isn’t always going to have clients who are 100% satisfied. However, particularly in the area of plastic surgery, it is critical to have a doctor who is empathetic, willing to listen, and be accountable. How they handle questions, concerns, or insecurities of their clients after the surgery is just as important as picking a well-qualified surgeon. It’s hard to know before the surgery if a doctor is going to handle themselves with grace and dignity after an unsatisfactory surgery. While my surgery was a success with Dr. Imola and I only had minor insecurities during the healing process based off my initial surgery, Dr. Imola never dismissed or down played my concerns but made sure I was comfortable before I left the office. This was not the case with my initial rhinoplasty experience.

I am not one to write reviews but people deserve to be recognized for quality work, engaging professionally, and being honest, and Dr. Imola is all of those.
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Imola is a surgeon with good character and follow through. He takes pride in what he does and truly cares that his customers are satisfied. As noted in my review, he has an eye for aesthetics and was able to put my nose back in balance with the rest of my features. I am incredibly appreciative for what Dr. Imola has done for me.