Fraxel is Dangerous - Englewood, CO

It's been 2 months since I've had fraxel laser on...

It's been 2 months since I've had fraxel laser on my face and my experience was nothing short of a nightmare.

I am a 42 year old northern asian and I belive everything that could have possibly gone wrong went wrong with me. After 2 weeks when I should have been healed, I was left with terrible burn marks as well as ugly square grid textures. My face looked like a madras patch quilt about 5 shades darker than my skin color, or as my son put it "grid marks steam pressed into my face".

I was devastated and wanted to die. The doctor (plastic surgeon) was unbelivably cold and made me feel like I was over reacting saying that it had been only 20 days into the procedure. He gave me a tube of hyrodquinone and sent me out the door.

When I came home I searched the web to find out what could be done to heal my face but there was nothing reassuring. I truly thought the damage was irreversible.

I have been using the Obagi skin bleaching line as well as the obagi retin-a and my skin is slowly coming back. I had the Obagi from 2 years ago and although it lightened my skin I had to stop using it because back then it caused terrible breakouts, but because I was so desperate I went back to it. It has helped significantly and I now see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not there yet but I belive I will get there.

When I think of the hell I was in the past 2 months it makes me angry, angry at the industry and angry at myself for my vanity. Thank god I have a kind and caring husband who was supportive the entire time.

I can't tell anyone what to do, but common sense should tell you that burning your skin is a dangerous gamble. I hope my experience helps someone.

time does not heal fraxel damage

It has been a year since my fraxel co2 nightmare and unfortunately I was too optimistic back then. The hydroquinone has lost all effectiveness and I have dark squares, and streaks on my face as well as grid texture still. I have been to see dermatologists and esteticians but no one has convinced me that they could help. Everytime I think I want to undergo a procedure to improve the damage I get cold feet and so scared that it will only make it worse. The damage is irreversible.

I really believe fraxel damaged the area under my eyes and melted the fat in my cheeks. I never had fine lines under my eyes until I had this procedure, and then my face look deflated. I'll stick with DermaPen instead.
There may be hope still . See a dermatologist who is an expert in lasers. dsboulder.com
Hey there, thanks for the update, so sorry to hear are still struggling with the results after your treatment, I am glad you have the support of your husband, that is so reassuring when going through a challenging time. I wanted you to read this girls review, she is using Raw Honey and having some healing...although her side effects are different you never know...

ORANGE PEEL TEXTURE HELP. **PLEASE READ!!
Who was your doctor?
He name is Geoffery Kim, a plastic surgeon in Colorado

Thank you for sharing your honest and open review with us.  I am very sorry for what you have been through:(