Puffy Under Eyes After IPL - England

I had no problem with the first 3 IPL treatments...

I had no problem with the first 3 IPL treatments in fact my skin felt lovely. It was only after the last one that i had a problem with the eye area and my eyes looked sunk which accentuated the puffy area or maybe its the other way round.

I had the treatment for some very slight broken capillaries open pores and general appreanace as i heard it was good to increase collagen production and i've just hit 40.

Hi i've just had my last ipl treatment, 4 in total, and i had no problems until this last one, my undereye area had become very puffy with hollow areas dirctly under my eye but puffy areas around the eye socket. Is this a normal reaction and will it return to normal in time and if so how long? Also i've read on some web sites that ipl can cause permanent fat loss in turn causing skin to sag which frightened the hell out of me. Please could you put my mind at ease if possible. Many thanks

Shani1 I have the same problem with my eye being sunken, and also sensitivity to light, sagging eyelids and dark circles. My eyes were great before my IPLs. There are suppose to be NO Burns, NO fat loss, NO permanent scaring, NO eye problems, NO depression with IPL or Fraxel!! But hundreds are suffering the adverse affects more frequently now because doctors aren't admitting this is possible, and they are treating to aggressively and using higher settings, which are resulting in the burns and other damage. I would not recommend getting anymore!!! There are hundreds of victims on various sites telling their stories of burns, fat loss, vision problems, hypo scaring, etc. I am one of them and I had this done 6 months ago my story is here under IPL-Destroyed-my-face-and-chest. There are serious side effects happening, most irreversible, that doctors, esthetians and the manufactures are NOT telling us about. Please make sure you file a complaint against this person with the State you live in and take pictures weekly to have proof if things get worse. Several us are researching to find an way to get this out to the public. If you are already experiencing any adverse reaction, please cancel future appointments, I don't want you to end up like hundreds of us with permanent damage. Hopefully, you will heal just fine, but for the hundreds of us out there, please heed our warning.
Thank you so much Carla for your reply. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with IPL. I dont know whether your out come will be the same as mine but since my last message my skin and eye area have improved significantly so thankfully i haven't had any long term or lasting damage, which i hope will be the same for you in the end. I am going to check on here and read your story in full as i am not knowledgable on the amount of sessions you had and the full degree of the side effects you have suffered. But rest assured your story and my own experience has detered me from future treatments so thank you and again let me wish you a speedy recovery.

treatment was carried out with no major problems