Bruising/bleeding of Encapsulated Breasts After Augmantation Surgery (Silicone, Under-muscle)

I had a breast augmentation 8 years ago...

I had a breast augmentation 8 years ago (silicone-under the muscles)and for last 3 years they have become harder and harder, to the point I find it hard to sleep as they are painful when I even lie on my side. I also have,what looks like,bruising under both breasts which is dark red in colour; like an old bleed. My GP advised I go back to the cosmetic surgeon for advice but sadly I cannot afford to do this.

I had an augmentation to boost self esteem and to feel more feminine. Initially it did give me confidence and I felt sexy fo the first time in my life! But, I regret having put my body through this as I now have encapsulated breasts and feel a bit of a freak.

My question is: Can anything realistically be done to improve the situation without removing them altogether? I had no breast tissue, or very little, before the op so am reluctant to be totally flat chested. Many thanks.

The treatment for capsular cotracture is surgery, almost the same expense as before if not more because you need capsulectomy. i tell my patient they WILL have surgery in the future once you have implants. The bruising you have concerns me You need to see your BOARD CERTIFIED PS. You must discuss all your options and pros and cons, future surgeries, Capsular contracture and other risks.
i also had a bad experince w implants. under the muscle with tubes that were injected every other day. no topical numbing an the dr couldnt ever hit the right spot so each visit was getting stuck under my breasts 3 or 4 times each. the ports were supposed to be out in 2 weeks but they were left from oct 17th until feb 27th. when i went in to get them out he had to giveme a total of 14 numbing shots and when the feeling came back before he could get them out (yes they were imbedded with muscle grew around them and they had to be cut out) i told him i could feel him sewing me up an it was painful and his words were lay still or i will give you some more of those painful shots and i wouldnt go back for my last visit because each one was pure torture from him.
Wow Nene27, it sounds like your experiences were a mixed bag. On the one hand, it sounds like you got post-operatively adjustable implants, which can be a handy thing to have. They let you gradually increase over time, and even dialing back if you feel you overshot your optimal size. Some women leave the fill ports in for much longer than what you had, simply because they're undecided about what their ideal final size is. Meaning, they get used to the larger size and figure that they would enjoy going bigger, etc. It's surprising that your surgeon kept missing the fill ports, though.

The bad side of this is it sounds like your surgeon was lacking good bedside manner. It's possible he was trying to lighten the mood with his comment about giving you more painful shots, but clearly that's not how you took them. And given the stress of the procedure, you shouldn't be expected to. Seems like it was bad timing on his part, but he really should have done better to minimize your discomfort, both physically and emotionally.

Dorchester Private Hospital. Dorset, England