Laser Tattoo Removal and Skin Colour Ink Cover Up - United Kingdom

I had a tat done and stupidly did not check the...

I had a tat done and stupidly did not check the transfer before actually getting it inked, thus afterwards I noticed... its the wrong way round. My little dragon was facing the wrong way on my arm. I loved the tattoo itself, it was purely the positioning that got to me. Now this my sound picky and pathetic, but I had to get it changed, I had to get my little dragon the right way round. So I made the choice to have it removed and redone the correct way. Picky? yes. Worth it? quite possibly for some, no, but to me, yes!
Why am I telling people this? Well I would like to give a bit of hope to those who have either been there and done that with laser removal and are left with little patches which just wont shift. Or those looking to give it a go.

My dragon was black outline with a main body of purple and green underbelly.
I didnt have much money and did think I was stuck with it for good, but glimmer of hope number 1: I found groupon deals for tattoo removal. 4 sessions for just £99. Bargain, so snatch up that deal did I.
Luckily groupon continued to do these deals every few months, so I would just wait until they did the deal again and buy some more cheap sessions. Even when the sessions were not available, because I had found the laser removal place via groupon, I was business they wouldnt have otherwise had, so they offered any sessions without a groupon voucher at half price. In the end I think I had about 12 sessions for about £300. Which I think is great as I have heard that some people pay this amount just for 1 session.
Anyway, so there is hope number 1 for people looking at getting removal but cant quite afford it, keep your eyes peeled on groupon or wowcher for offers.

Now, hope number 2: After 12 painful sessions (for those who have not had laser yet, yes it does hurt, a hell of a lot, I found it hurt much much more than having the tattoo done in the first place. I would much rather have more tattoos done, than lasers. Ouchy!)
So 12 sessions later, although the black outlines are completely gone, I was still left with some little patches of purple and green which just would not go. I was made aware at the start that it may not go completely, which I understood.

So I went and had my dragon 'repositioned' the right way. So now I am happy that I have my dragon back and its the right way round now, in the right place. But was still left with some little purple green patches either side of my newly positioned dragon.
I then thought about going over these patches with skin coloured ink. I went to a local tattooist and asked about it, they had never done it before and were a bit unsure, so I offered to be their guinea pig, as I would much rather have a slightly off skin colour patch than a 'mouldy bruised' patch. lol.

So off we started with testing, the first session of skin coloured ink was good, it seemed to work, but as it healed I rejected some of the ink. Next session we went a bit deeper and although I still rejected some of the ink, the patches of ink that did stay did their job and covered the green and purple! :-) result.
Now we are continuing with skin colour ink sessions, by session 4 there was still some little bits where the ink just wasnt staying, I think its because of the scar tissue from the lasering. So another idea occured to me, numbing cream. I thought it might make my arm less sensitive in order for the tattooist to go that little bit deeper, and I also thought it would hopefully reduce the blood (yes, Im a bleeder) another reason I think some the ink wasnt staying in, I was bleeding it out.
So session 5 was yesterday and we tried it with numbing cream. It seemed to work, it wasnt as sensitive, so she could get the ink a bit deeper and I didnt bleed as much as I have previously.

Only time will tell whether this session worked, but in the mean time the patches of ink that did stay worked wonders, in fact the patches of nose and claw that were left poking out from my new dragons arm are pretty much completely gone, you have to really search for them to see it.
Thus, there is hope number 2, for those of you left with little patches of tattoo that lasers just will not shift, you can go over them with skin coloured ink.

(For those who are in the UK, Essex, Basildon area, I recommend Originality Studios for skin colour coverups)

this is actually really hopeful, thank you for sharing, I am looking into removing all black with deep professional lines and its nice to see black can be removed question, was your laser a newer or older machine? I am trying to determine whether it is better to go with a more skilled practitioner with an older machine, or a less skilled with a newer machine Cheers! thanks
Happy to help and glad I can aid and give some people a little glimmer of hope in the process. It is long and painful, but worth it to be happy in yourself at the end, I reckon :-) Im not sure on the age of the laser, I literally saw the discounted price/offer and snatched it up while I could. Its a place called Jacks tattoos/zap that tat in Debden, UK. I have to say I didnt take not of what type of machine it is. Im unsure on whether it makes a difference on the the skill level of the practitioner as it seems to be a fairly simple case of typing in the correct numbers/pushing the right buttons and then holding the pointer and moving it over your tat. The girl that did mine was actually a piercer who did the lasering in between piercing, so dont think she had any particular skills, I think she was just shown how to use the machine briefly and off she went.
you sound like me....i didn't check the transfer of the original tat...which basically led up to where I am now. thanks for posting. Good to see so much of your black ink gone....that' s all mine is....so it gives me hope!
Tattoo Jacks for the lasering and Bev at Originality for the coverup

The first 2 or 3 sessions of laser werent great, it was a guy who I dont think did his job right and he got fired from the studio, my laser sessions were taken over by a lovely girl who was very good. My skin colour ink sessions have been done by Bev at Originality studios and she has been great