Waste of Money! - Encino, CA

I had Ulthera in October. I chose this procedure...

I had Ulthera in October. I chose this procedure after LOTS of research and actually based heavily on the great reviews here because unlike Thermage, NOBODY who reviewed it said it didn't work for them. Well, I'm here to say...it DID NOT WORK!! Not that the results are "mild" or "subtle"...No. The "results" are non-existent!

I had the procedure, came in for all the photos and check-ups and it was agreed that it did nothing. Nearly six months later I was offered the procedure again by my doctor who said that the second time "may trigger" something. I was only given ulthera on the lower face the second time (why, I have no idea). Well big surprise, hurt like hell again and...nothing!

I really wanted something that wasn't surgical. I had started noticing sagging jowls, a double chin and more loose skin. I don't know anyone else personally who had this procedure, so I was going on complete faith in the reviews from strangers. I thought investing $3,000 of my hard earned money would give me some type of result, even subtle-anything!

Well, be warned: Ulthera may or may not do anything to tighten your skin! One thing is for certain...it will hurt a LOT! I had two types of painkillers and it still hurt so much. I never write reviews for anything, but since this is where I did a lot of my own research, I feel people should know that there is a failure rate for this procedure. I was never told that and I can definitely say, had I known I would have picked something more CERTAIN.

I am NOT HAPPY AT ALL ABOUT BEING OUT $3000! That may not be a lot to a surgeon, but it is a small fortune to me!

Agreed! :(
I had no result either...three months were up a couple of weeks ago. Nada...very disappointing. You have my sympathy.
Thank you! If it's any consolation...they told me it can take up to 6mos. to see results. Hopefully you will have some in the next 12 weeks!! Fingers crossed for you!!
Ultherapy has science behind it that does work. The unfortunate part is that not every single thing works for every single body. I perform all of the Ultherapy procedures at my office, and I have lots of great results, but I do have some 'non responders' as well. Photos are crucial for the procedure. Having a great camera system that can capture subtle changes and take consistent photos is almost as important as the treatment itself. We had the Ulthearpy unit before having a great camera, and I was feeling negative about the treatment as well. I'm very sorry that you did not have a great experience with the treatment. Lack of results, money spent, and pain can leave you with a bad taste in your mouth, but Ultherapy can be the answer for thousands of patients wanting a non surgical option!
Thanks, Shannon. They took dozens of high-quality pictures at every angle at one month, three months and six months. Nada. My gripe isn't about the procedure itself, the protocol or my doctor (who is fabulous, btw)... My complaint is that I didn't read ANYWHERE in my research that it has a failure rate. I was prepared for subtle, but I wasn't prepared for zilch! It's a terrible and expensive disappointment and something that I want to ensure doesn't happen to another ill-informed consumer. :(

I can definitely understand why you would be upset after paying $3000, going through the treatment twice, and still not seeing any change. :-/

I was a bit concerned by the statement you made about there not being any reviews were people discussed that it didn't work for them. Here are a couple that are about a year old, where people discuss that very thing:

“6 weeks in and not much,if any improvement”

“One Month After - Glendale, CA”

There are currently 38 reviews total where the community members voted the procedure Not Worth It. So unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, you aren't the only one to have been frustrated by a lack of results.

Hi Megan, Thanks for the reply, but these women you listed had the procedure a month after I did. There weren't any people who said it didn't work at that time on RS. Only some who said they were waiting and unsure of if it was worth the pain. Yes, $3k is very upsetting! :(
I concur Isnottold. I have a fabulous doc too. He took all those 3D images (which are plain scary when they turn them into a 3D image that revolves on the screen. Mine looked like something from Night of the Living Dead). I had my procedure July 16. I recently started using my collagen-boosting red light device to see if that might help, and have taken fish collagen caps all the way through. I see nothing and neither did the doc. (At least he didn't sit there pointing out non-existent differences like some purportedly do...)

Ah, sorry for my confusion, I see that now. I wish I had something better to say than just sending my sympathy to you. :( I'm glad you decided to post your experience for the community to read. Thank you for thinking of others even in your disappointment.