So Glad I Chose Dr. J

Everything in life happens for a reason...as is...

Everything in life happens for a reason...as is the case of my meeting Dr. Jarrah-Nejad...it was pure serendipity.  I had recently lost weight and was interested in getting a breast augmentation done.  I began my journey they way most people do...I asked my friends who they went to for their breast augmentations.  I went to a number of consultations but never quite connected with any of the doctors. Yes, they had done a great job with my girlfriends' boobs, but the doctors couldn't understand the look I was wanting.  I wasn't interested in getting "in your face boobs"...I just wanted to replace what weight loss had taken away...I just wanted to re-inflate them.

??I had pretty much given up on finding the right doctor, and had resided myself to living a life of padded bras and chicken cutlets when a friend of a friend told me about this wonderful doctor who just did her breast augmentation.  She gave me the number and I scheduled a consultation.  What I didn't realize at the time was that the practice had more than one plastic surgeon that did breast augmentations and that I had accidentally scheduled my appointment with the wrong doctor.  It was the best mistake I ever made!  As soon as I met Dr. J, I felt comfortable.  He didn't rush me through my consultation the way so many other doctors had done before.  He understood immediately what look I was going for.  So many other doctors had tried to push me into getting "large, in your face, stripper boobs."  Dr. J understood what I wanted...perkiness and fullness, while still looking "natural."  My friend pushed me to have the consultation with the doctor that I was originally supposed to see and so I did.  It only further solidified my decision that Dr. J was the only doctor for me.  Choosing a doctor is a very personal thing...it's not enough to choose someone who just does beautiful work...you also want someone who you can connect with...someone who puts you at ease...after all, your life is in their hands.  For me, that person was Dr. J...there was no other competition.??

Unfortunately, midway between my consultation and scheduled surgery, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.  It was devastating news, but I was determined to not let it stop me from living my life as normally as I could.  My neurologist gave me the okay to proceed with my breast augmentation.  I still remember coming in to see Dr. J for the second time...I had to tell him about my diagnosis and find out how to proceed from there.  At the time, I wasn't able to talk about my diagnosis without crying...so naturally, I broke down during my appointment.  There's a moment during that appointment that I will always remember...I was crying...tears were streaming down my face and I looked up and saw Dr. J's eyes tearing up.  I remember we ran out of tissue and cotton balls were substituted in.  I remember he kept giving me more and more cotton balls until I had a huge pile.  Tears turned to laughter as we realized we were surrounded by cotton balls...at this point they were all over my lap, on the floor, and even suck on my face. It sounds like such an unimportant thing to remember, but compassion and having a good bedside manner are hard qualities to find in a doctor.??

Dr. J put all my fears to ease and walked me through the process.  I felt comforted in knowing that he had treated other medically compromised patients and that I was in good hands.  I realize now that most of my review has been regarding my pre-surgical experience but that's because in my mind, it's just as important as the post-op.  Surgery and recovery went smoothly.  It was almost a non-event.  I was expecting to wake up in a lot of pain and to be covered in bruises...after all, it is surgery.  But to my surprise, there was hardly any pain or bruising.  My new breasts are exactly what I wanted...full, perky, yet still natural looking.  They're perfect and it's because I trusted my gut and went with a doctor who I could trust...Dr. J.  It also helps that he's double board certified and has years of experience.

So Glad I Chose Dr. J

Please disregard the weird little "??" that kept popping up throughout my review. They were not part of my review when I posted it and I'm not sure why they've somehow emerged....must be some kind of little quirk with the system.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Did you end up scheduling you BA? I too was recently diagnosed with MS. I'm scheduled for July. Hope all is well!
Yes...I discussed it with my neurologist and we decided that if I was planning on getting a BA in the future, it would be best to do it before starting my MS therapy that way I didn't have to start treatment, then stop treatment for surgery, and finally resume treatment again. And It didn't delay the start of my MS treatment because even after diagnosis, there's a bit of a wait time behind the scenes of the insurance companies regarding coverage for our MS meds. After all the MS stuff we deal with, the BA surgery was practically a non-event.
I completely relate to your post. I am almost one year post-op and my results are amazing. Dr. J was as bit as kind to me as he was to you. Thank you so much for sharing!
I'm very honored to read your review...I'm glad your doing great..best wishes..