Had Breast Augmentation 26 Years Ago - Encino, CA

I had a breast augmentation 26 years ago, and my...

I had a breast augmentation 26 years ago, and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I'm 52 now, and I've never had any problems with them, except for jealous girlfriends gossiping.

Mine are silicone implants that were placed over the muscle and through the areloa. I was an AA and still am a full B cup, now. I never knew that some women have theirs replaced every ten years until a technician told me when I was having a mammogram. I heard that mostly the saline ones need to be replaced. My current and past OBGYNs have all commented on how great they look and natural they feel, even after all these years.

I found my plastic surgeon by asking my OBGYN who he would recommend. It cost me $4,000 back in the day, but it was worth every penny.

Don't try to save money when it comes to any surgery, and make sure your surgeon is certified by The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you'll know this because they will display the circle logo on all of their printed collateral, but I would still check them out on the Internet before making an appointment. They should also have a book showing some of the before and afters that they have done.

Hello margo~ wow, What an inspiring story! It's wonderful to know implants that are done right by a highly qualified surgeon will last for a very long time.(perhaps even a lifetime) My Mother had hers for nearly 40 years and they still looked great!!! Hers were silicone also and stayed perky, never sagging/rippling.  Any piks to share? Would love to see your results. :-)

I'm glad you've enjoyed your implants all this time. It sounds like they've really held up!

I found my plastic surgeon by asking my OBGYN who he would recommend. I figured that he's seen so many augmentations and reconstructions that he would know a good plastic surgeon and wouldn't send me to a bad one.