3rd Rhinoplasty/Septplasty - Encino, CA

Hi All, When I was 19 years old my ENT...

Hi All,

When I was 19 years old my ENT diagnosed me with a deviated Septum and recommended surgery. Since I broke my nose when I was 12 years old I always hated it, so I thought this was my chance to get the nose I always wanted along with fix the deviation that caused my breathing/sinus issues. After doing some research, I found a lot of complaints online from people using their ENT's for the cosmetic aspect of their surgery and how they didn't like the way it came out. This made me start looking into cosmetic Surgery doctors since I didn't want to risk someone that wasn't board certified messing up my face.

Long story short, I found Dr Terino from Thousand Oaks who seemed to specialize in facial reconstruction. I should have done more homework on the Dr, but since I have a girlfriend whom went to him with a good experience (and he took my insurance) I decided to move forward. My first surgery went well, but as my nose started to heal I felt like I was having breathing issues with my right nostril along an asymmetrical look. I brought these issues to my Dr's attention and we decided to operate again to fix the nostril and straighten my nose out. My side profile was also a little raised, so he shaved it down a little more as well. I knew the swelling after my second surgery would last much longer, but I never realized how long. I was pretty happy with my nose until about 3 years ago when I noticed a large bump on the right side of my nose along with a divot in the middle of my nose. I decided to ignore it for a while, but after 3 years of dealing with it I decided to research and talk with more doctors to see what the issue was.

The first 2 dr's I spoke with said it looked like the doctor left some cartilage in my nose, which was causing the bump and breathing issues. I didn't feel comfortable with any of the doctors I spoke with since they cared more about changing my nose than fixing the real issue at hand. After almost giving up on it, my gf told me about Dr Dishell in Encino, whom specializes in cosmetic surgery of the nose and eyes and is also an ENT. She had a nose job by him along with my other friend (they both look amazing), so I knew his work was good.

After meeting with Dishell, he explained all the issues I had and how he could fix the internal problems and make my nose look more smoother without much alteration. I decided to move forward and my surgery date is scheduled in mid December. I'm very nervous, but I know it will work out. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had a 3rd rhinoplasty/septo plasty and if so how the recovery was. Also, anyone out there with a revision done by Dishell? I appreciate your input and I'll keep you all posted on my experience.

Surgery is on Dec 17th...I have a good feeling this will work out! Thanks for the well wishes, I will keep you posted!

I'm sorry you have to go through another rhinoplasty. I truly hope the third time is the charm for you! Here's what some doctors say about getting a revision rhinoplasty for the second time.

Please keep us posted. When is your surgery?

Hi All- Thought I would give a quick update....

Hi All-

Thought I would give a quick update. Today I got my cast off and everything looks amazing. I'm still very swollen, but that was expected of course. Dr Dishell is a true artist and exceeded my expectations. He also cleaned out my nose, which I've never experienced with other doctors. On top of that, he personally called me every day after to my surgery to ensure everything was going well. It feels so good to be able to breathe again and have the nose I wanted from the beginning. I see him again on Thursday to make sure everything is going well. So overall, this was definitely worth it. I'll keep you all updated!

Hey, Just wanted to check how is it going with your nose since the surgery? Last time we chated you were thinking still of your sugery.

1 Year Later...

Hi Everyone!

Well it's been a year and honestly can't say I could be happier with my results. Dr. Dishell is amazing and was great along the way. The results look great and I don't even think about my nose anymore. I can breath better and my nose is symmetrical! Can't ask for more. :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon