Mixto-so far so good

I have hated my skin for years...some minor...

I have hated my skin for years...some minor scarring from acne, some fine lines under my eyes and on my forehead...blotchiness. I have lived in California all of my life and wasn't very good about avoiding the sun. I am 45 years old and felt like I needed a little pick me up. Based on all of the pictures I looked at online, as well as the reviews I read, Mixto seemed like the best choice

Thanks so much for offering your the information on why you chose Mixto.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Mixto Laser community.  You could add the info you put in the doctor review section into an update on the actual review, for example.

Day One

Day One

I actually can't believe I am posting these pictures of myself, but if it can help someone else, I guess it's worth it!

Day Two

Whoo Whew! When I woke up this morning, I knew it was gonna be bad...and I was right. My eyes are slits and the lids are swollen to about four times normal! Luckily my husband has a good sense of humor. He took one look at me and started laughing. I did a wash with tepid water and got a little of the dried blood off (that is freaking out my kids). I then reapplied the ointment they gave me. Honestly, it doesn't really hurt at all. There is a corner of my eye that is sore but that's it. It does feel really good to spray the evian water on. Very refreshing. My skin is tight and red and swollen. I haven't taken anything for pain as it doesn't feel necessary. My skin is so tight it's hard to say what the results are. I am going to be patient and not really access the results for a couple of months.

Day Two Photo

If you look at the pictures you might change your mind. LOL!
I can't find my review when I go to realself. I want to share this with a few people but I don't see it when I click on Mixto. Any ideas?

Here is the link to your review- I've added it to the Mixto Laser Community now that you've added more info (thank you for doing that), so it should be easier to find.

Day 3

Woke up with my eyes feeling swollen but once I got up, they felt better. I am less swollen today...no pain at all. However, anyone who looked at me would think I was in pain! LOL Took a shower and felt much better after doing my hair. Got a lot of dried blood off in the shower. Feeling great! Nikki, my nurse who performed the procedure, called to check in on me which I thought was nice. She confirmed that everything I am feeling and seeing is normal. YAY!
Thanks so much!

No prob, happy to help!  Looks like you are healing on schedule.  Isn't it amazing how much better you feel after taking a shower?  Keep us posted on your progress!

DAY 4

Starting to feel a little crusty. Tiny bits look like they are peeling. Feeling great. Definitely have cabin fever though! Haven't stepped out the door since Saturday! Skin seems a lot smoother and less wrinkled but I am not sure if that is because of the swelling. Eyes still swollen but not as bad.

Day 5

SUPER peely (is that a word today). A few super dark spots but when skin peels off it looks smooth and nice underneath. Going to venture out to a baseball game tonight...I still look pretty ugly...

Day 6

Well, most of the skin has peeled off! I put sunscreen on today and mascara and lipstick...no face make-up. It does seem like the skin under my eyes is smoother and less wrinkley!
Thank you this was very informative!
Just Skin

Nikki and her assistant were wonderful, They made sure I had all of the information I needed before the treatment. They told me exactly what to expect day by day. Once I arrived, I took Valium and pain meds. Then a generous amount of numbing cream was applied all over my face..even on my eyelids! My face was definitely feeling numb and the meds definitely kicked in. I was feeling great! The meds really helped me relax. Nikki started with the areas that she was going to treat most aggressively. I couldn't BELIEVE how LITTLE it hurt. On a scale of one to ten- it never got higher than a two. I can honestly say it was a piece of cake. They had a cold air blower on me throughout the procedure that helped immensely. Afterwards, they provided me with a kit with all of the things I would need for my recovery. Then they called my husband who helped me stagger to the car. I was SO tired the entire day. I slept most of it. My face is red and swollen, especially my eyelids. However, I was prepared, so I am not worried. I will post pics soon. If I get good results (which I am hoping for) I would strongly recommend this procedure as well as Just Skin.