$4,700 Down the Drain. Get Real Braces - Encinitas, CA

Invisalign is inferior to regular braces. Stick...

Invisalign is inferior to regular braces. Stick with regular braces, get ceramic if you’re an adult and they’ll hardly be noticeable.

I started my treatment April 2012 with a 9 month treatment plan ($4,700). It’s now October 2013 and there’s no end in sight. My second “refinement” set of trays has failed (two refinements were done at no charge). There are gaps between some of my front teeth and the bite on the back teeth is uneven. To top it off my dentist retired and I’m told by it will cost about $4,000 to fix the remaining problems using Invisalign.

Invisalign has failed me 3 times in a row. I’m going to switch to ceramic braces.

My teenage son had regular braces. The treatment is far more flexible than Invisalign and has produced perfect results. With Invisalign the treatment is preplanned and not changed when reality differs from the plan. They wait till the end of your trays and do refinements. When I noticed something I didn’t like with my son’s teeth, the orthodontist was able to adjust his braces and the problem vanished in a few days.

Regular braces are superior to Invisalign. Save yourself from the trouble of this rip-off.

I'm sorry you've had such a negative experience with InvisAlign.  :(  Did you have very serious problems with your teeth?  Your treatment plan seems so short, at only 9 months.  How long will you have your ceramic braces on for?

I didn't have a serious alignment problem before starting Invisalign but I did notice how perfect everyone else's teeth looked. I had gaps between the upper front 4 teeth and the 2 center teeth were pushed back too far. There was some crowding on the bottom 4 front teeth. The teeth in the back were fine. Now I have gaps in the bottom teeth, the space between the upper 2 front teeth isn't tight enough, and the right side of my back teeth don't touch when I bite. It's a disaster. Regular orthodontics will take 2 years and cost $6,800. From the cost and time perspective of the new treatment plan, it's as if Invisalign did nothing other than devour a lot of time, money, and my energy. Invisalign has a high failure rate. I've never heard of regular braces failing. Also it's best to go to an orthodontist not a regular dentist who only has the ability to sell Invisalign. The orthodontist mentioned Invisalign has a lot of limitations.
BTW my comment was written as 4 paragraphs. When I pressed "Post Comment" this web-site smashed everything together making it difficult to understand.
Invisalign