Future Markmann Mami...Finally!!! - Ellicott City, MD

I've been researching this procedure for years and...

I've been researching this procedure for years and I finally booked my surgery today :-) I'm so happy (and a little nervous) but so grateful to everyone for posting their experiences. Thank you!
I also met someone who had it done a little more than two weeks prior(along with a back lift) while I was at the office. She was still a little stiff but so happy with her results. I couldn't tell because she had baggy sweats on, but her shape was banging from what I could see :-)

OMG...I broke the news to my mom...she's HEATED!!!

And I didn't even tell her the full extent of what I'm having done. I just told her inner thighs. I knew she wouldn't be happy because she's really conservative about cosmetic surgery and, even though I've had surgery before, it makes her nervous. Understandable...but mad though?!? I'll just let her get used to the idea...she'll be ok (hopefully). My mom is my best friend though, so it makes me a little sad :o(

Anyway, I went to Goodwill and got a brand new walker for $10. I intend to use it to help me get in and out of bed, get around the house the first week, and to lean on to use the bathroom (sounds like fun, right?). Then when I'm done with it, I can just donate it back :o) Next on the agenda is a grabber device, female urinal, maxi pads for the vajayjay swelling, some pads for leaking, and...and....why do I feel like I'm missing something? Feel free to chime in :o) I think I'll wait until after the procedure to get more garments because the price includes 3.

Sigh...so I cancelled...

My mom did not take the news well at all...to the point where it was affecting her physically. Her blood pressure went up and stayed up and she couldn't sleep. So I cancelled my procedure about 3 weeks ago. To say I'm disappointed is a gross understatement, but it's a sacrifice I need to make for her (for now). Hoping to revisit it later, and it will definitely be with Dr. Markmann!
I'll still stick around to follow your journeys ....I can't wait to see some of your "afters" even though it will be bitter sweet...
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

He was so detailed that I almost felt like the consult was getting too long...lol It shows that he genuinely loves what he does and is very knowledgeable. I like the fact that he uses the same team each time and does this procedure at a hospital vs. surgical center. Not knocking surgical centers - I've had other procedures there with no problem but this one is 7.5 hours long.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel, you were scheduled for the same day I'm getting mine. I hope your mom gets better soon, and hopefully you are able to get Sx in the near future.
Thanks :)
Sorry to hear about your mom's health. I have blood pressure issues myself. Hope your mom gets better soon. :(
Thanks :o) I have it too, but it's pretty much under control. I don't know why this particular procedure made her so nervous; I had two procedures before this one.
Dr Markmann was my original choice however that price was a bit much for the average costs aroun the US. I'd rather recover around palm trees :) Also the surgery time is double which I also thought was too long o be under. I do think dr Markmann is great and you'll have amazin results. Keep us posted
LOL, I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. I was a little nervous about the time spent under as well, to be honest.
I'm just starting my research. You said you've been researching for years. Does that include researching cost? --- http://www.realself.com/brazilian-butt-lift/cost --- What made you decide to go with Mr. Markmann (other than location)?
I'm sorry I'm just seeing this. I like his results, I'm a Marylander so there's the convenience factor, and I liked the fact that his is an inpatient procedure that included an overnight stay (the hospital fees were about $4000 of the cost). I am aware that he is pricier than some, but it's pretty much the rate for the popular butt surgeons in MD (Markmann, Rodriguez). Plus, people seem happier with their long term results with him and he's well-known for fixing a lot of the Miami booties when they start to reabsorb. Good luck with your research :)
Good for you for telling your Mom! I'm scared to tell mine.. Think she's gonna judge me, and will be worried. Is she gonna be there to help you out? Lol about the Walker, that's a good idea though!
I didn't really have a choice. She lives 5 mins away! lol I go in on the Friday before Veteran's Day she'll be with me until at least Tuesday. Maybe I can get her to stay longer or get my boyfriend to come stay a week or two (he lives in VA). One of my girlfriends is willing to help out too....but I will probably get that settled closer to surgery. It's coming fast...
good luck. im sure u will look great!
Are you coming from out of state, and if so which of the hotels have you found to be good for quality/price, also are you going to havesomeone you know there or getting a nurse to help? Thanks!
Fortunately I live about 30 mins away. I am thinking about hiring a home nurse to help me at least some of the time so my family doesn't have to take so many days off.
I'm so excited for you!!! I'm going to him in December! I'm very interested to hear about you're journey, please keep us posted!!
Thank you!!! I'm really nervous about being in surgery that long but I've been wanting to do this forever. I will definitely keep everyone posted :-)
is his cost really 18000 for the BBL procedure?
It depends on what you get done :-)The fat transfer is $8000 by itself. I'm getting the abdomen,waist,flanks,dorsal roll, and inner thigh lipoed. Altogether it's about $14k. Then it's done at a hospital (including overnight stay), so their fee is $4800. The hospital is paid seperately.