IPL Gone Bad! - Elkton, MD

On Nov. 13 I went into Oleigh Medspa for an IPL...

On Nov. 13 I went into Oleigh Medspa for an IPL treatment for a few brown spots on my arms. The registered nurse who performed the treatment assured me that she had done it before and knew what she was doing. During the treatment I felt discomfort, which she said was normal. A day after my treatment my whole arm (both) were covered in these rail road like burns (from elbow to wrist) in a zig-zag pattern. I called the office they told me that I needed to apply medicated cream to help with the burns. I did so, and then I noticed blisters. After the blisters popped and the fluid drained, I was left with open sores all over my arms. The MedSpa then told me that I needed to use Vita. E oil. I did so, and had an allergic reaction. I am not left with scarred arms and only went to have a FEW spots done!!! I am extremely unhappy and went to see the doctor that runs the facility yesterday only to be looked at like I was crazy and told that this was normal. It is not normal. My arms should have not be done in zig-zag lines but in spots. I am now faced with months of long sleeves to cover my arms so I do not have any further damage done to my skin. I understand that the procedure is considered plastic surgery but I do not agree with the doctor telling me it is a "normal side effect". Any one else have this issue? If so what did you do? The doctor I am dealing with is aggrogant and unprofessional. He is not help and did not offer anything in return for this obvious mistake on his staff's behalf. I had to demand my money back... and after doing so they acted as if I was in the wrong. Has anyone ever used anything to help scarring? The picture posted is recent (as of yesterday).... HELP!

The doctor that I used was horrible. No manners or understanding that his staff messed up on a procedure. He can not own up to wrong doing. He was not professional with me and was very rude! I will never go to this location ever again!!!