Bad Experience - Elkton, MD

I had botox injected into my head and neck for...

I had botox injected into my head and neck for migraines. This drug does help me quite a bit but getting to the relief period is a bit painful. The first week or so my headaches are really bad. While it takes a couple weeks for the botox to work the headaches are even worse. This experience was really bad due to the fact that the doctor injected too much in my head and neck this time and now I am having a hard time holding my head up. It feels like it weights a ton. I guess in the long run the experience is worth it in the end. This time was just a bad judgement on the part of the doctor and not normal for this to happen. It can happen if the right amounts are not used. I am told that a little goes a long way. This is my third time of having this procedure done. It is worth the few weeks of the bad headaches to be free of them for about three months. It does wear off and then the procedure has to be repeated. The botox injections last about three months.

I have one of the best doctors in his field. However it is a pain clinic and sometimes the wait is unbelievable. Other than that this clinic is one of the best. The staff and administrative office is very professional.