Bad Experience - Elkton, MD

I had botox injected into my head and neck for...

I had botox injected into my head and neck for migraines. This drug does help me quite a bit but getting to the relief period is a bit painful. The first week or so my headaches are really bad. While it takes a couple weeks for the botox to work the headaches are even worse. This experience was really bad due to the fact that the doctor injected too much in my head and neck this time and now I am having a hard time holding my head up. It feels like it weights a ton. I guess in the long run the experience is worth it in the end. This time was just a bad judgement on the part of the doctor and not normal for this to happen. It can happen if the right amounts are not used. I am told that a little goes a long way. This is my third time of having this procedure done. It is worth the few weeks of the bad headaches to be free of them for about three months. It does wear off and then the procedure has to be repeated. The botox injections last about three months.

Hi Rosey,

I'm not sure I understand your review. You gave it a "worth it" but you say it wasn't a good experience, because of two much injection. Are you saying Botox is worth it, but this time it didn't work or the whole thing is not worth it?

-Britt

I guess I didn't make my review clear. I have had the Botox three times now. I have it for migraines. The first time it worked however I had a bad headache for three days afterward. I worried that it wasn't going to work. So four days later the headache subsided. I was headache free for three months. The second time I had the headache for three weeks but it finally went away and I was headache free for about three months. Now this last time a new doctor in my opinion injected too much because I have had no relief from the injection and he injected too much in my neck and I have had a hard time holding my head up. I have not had any relief this time. I still think that the three months of relief was worth the headache for a few days until the Botox started to work. It may have been the new doctor that didn't know where to inject it. I have learned since that with Botox less is more. My regular doctor said that you have to get the right spots and you can't inject too much at a time. I hope this helps you in your decision. Please contact me if you need anymore info. I tried to make this short.
Hello Britt,

To further comment on your question the Botox has been worth the side effects to me. I have suffered for such a long time now so a few weeks or so are worth the months of relief. I don't know if it will work the next time I have it but I am willing to try it again however I will use my regular doctor this time.

I have one of the best doctors in his field. However it is a pain clinic and sometimes the wait is unbelievable. Other than that this clinic is one of the best. The staff and administrative office is very professional.