6th Grade Teacher... Headaches Are a Perk of the Job!!! - Elk Grove Village, IL

I tried SO MANY treatments available for migraines...

I tried SO MANY treatments available for migraines & nothing worked. Even when hospitalized, no medications were able to get my migraine pain under control. But, as much of an exaggeration as it sounds, Botox has saved my life & career!
I was missing several days of work a month due to migraines. Others days, when I forced myself to go, I wasn't the teacher I knew I could be. Now, I tutor after school, volunteer for committees & even dance at the end of the year 6th celebration!!!
I would encourage anyone who suffers like I did & has tried several other treatments to give Botox a try. It is worth its weight in gold! I'm SO grateful for my neurologist for suggesting this therapy!!!

So happy for you!  How long did it take after being injected for the botox to stop your migraines?  Was it immediate?
Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel is wonderful!!! He always takes enough time with me to make sure that I feel very comfortable before we start the Botox injections. He's also great about really getting to know me as a person, not just a medical patient. I feel like he truly cares about me and my husband, as people. He always asks how my students are doing & even remembers some their names! (usually the troublemakers!- LOL) That's way beyond the call of duty for such a busy neurologist, especially considering I've only been his patient for approximately a year and a half! I have recommended Dr. Patel to a coworker & a student's parent. Both suffer from HORRIBLE migraine headaches & need to see a great neurologist. I hope to hear that they take my suggestion!