Breast Reduction from Army Medical Center - El Paso, TX

My consult was about a month ago and I had my...

My consult was about a month ago and I had my surgery yesterday. The personnel in the Plastics department were professional and supportive. The group who I saw yesterday as they prepared me for surgery were wonderful, too.

The methods they used to bind and seal the wounds seems to be helping immensely with the pain this morning. I feel like I have a fifty pound vice wrapped around my chest, so the only thing I feel is pressure and a little burning sensation around the incisions.

My ability to answer if it was worth it or not is probably limited at the moment. However, I can say my shoulders feel better this morning and I do not feel like I am carrying all my weight on my back. Anyone in a situation where they are feeling back pain or shoulder stiffness from your breasts that is causing headaches, this is problem something to consider.

Best wishes.

You had your done at WBAMC, my PCM send me off post for mine so I will be having mine done at Las Palmas. I am nervouse as can be.
Ask your PS if you receive surgi-bras. I went home in one, with an extra that was part of the price. I stayed overnight by choice only because I live alone, but I was actually fine right after the surgery. No pain. Don't look to buy "cheap" bras - you need something very comfy, and supportive. If you don't get them from the PS, buy a few and bring them w/you - the doctor can decide which to put you in. The very best of luck to you!!
Thank you! This an awesome insight since we both probably have the same surgeon.Oh by the way did they give you any bras after the surgert or?? I'm not sure if I should go out and grab a few cheap bras or not. And did you leave the same day? once again thanks :)
William Beaumont Army Medical Center

For a military service the customer service side of the house from the Plastic's department was wonderful. The consult was provided from neurosurgery and I was seen within a couple of weeks and the appointment for the surgery was set for four weeks later. Many time services from the military can be frustrating, but this was a very positive experience and the COL doing the surgery was very informative and easy to work with.