50 Years Old and Need Overhaul--mommy Makeover -TX

I have tossed this idea back and forth since 2005....

I have tossed this idea back and forth since 2005. Finally I have committed. I will be having an extended tummy tuck with lipo of the abdomen and flanks and a breast lift with reduction. I have already paid and have had lab work. EKG was slightly abnormal so have to get clearance from my primary. But my EKGs have always been off. So I see my primary the 17th. Nothing like cutting it close. I will have the surgery on the 23rd and spend the night at the surgery center and then home next day. I'm not so much worried about pain as I am about being too small up top. I'm freaking out. Plus, the drains are a little scary. It's been helpful to have this web site to look to. I'll post pictures.

10 more days

I have 10 days till my surgery and still have a cold. Hope it's gone soon.

6 days and counting

I went to my primary doc today and got the clearance. Waiting to find out what time my surgery us scheduled for. Nervous, anxious, scared and excited.

Before photos

Tomorrow Morning

Tomorrow is the big day. Surgery is scheduled for 10:30. I'm nervous. Anxious. My friend told me, though, that never has she ever said it wasn't worth it. So here I go.

Jan. 24

It's 4:30 a.m. And haven't slept much. The surgery took 6 hrs. I spent the night in surgery center and wii go home around 7:30 Friday morning. Have a slight fever, and shortness of breath. Told that it is normal. I definitely hurt. I'll talk more when I get home.

Post op

I have been having a fever hovering around 100 to 101. Taking antibiotics. It's kicking my butt.

3 day post op

Starting to get around a little easier. Still have low grade fever. And a headache that will not ease up. Trying to drink plenty of fluids. Found that Gatorade and hot tea taste so much better than water. The pain is there but only when I first get up or when I readjust my body. Breasts are swollen and tight. They ache a bit. Can't tell if I feel anything from lipo. But my stomach definitely has some pain. Stretching and burning sensations. Still taking antibiotics and I get my last blood clot shot in my stomach today. Getting annoyed with the recliner.

Before

12 days

Go to drs tomorrow to remove stitches around nipples and I don't know what else. Getting around really good. Still sleeping in recliner. Kinda scared to get in my bed. Might try it tonight. Breasts are still swollen. My whole body is swollen. Bruised all over my middle. But I know that actual results won't be clear until month 3 up to a year. My expectations are real. I like it so far.

Pics

Dr. Visit

Drs. Went good today. He's on his way to Guatemala for a conference and is a speaker. Took some pics of me to take with him. :). Stitches were removed around nipples and belly button. Only felt it a couple times. Took a shower last night and afterwards I started draining again. Don't have any drains in but was really leaking from drain hole. Dr. Said that that was good. Rather that than a seroma. So had to buy more pads. I'm wearing Walgreens certainty long length curve pads. Found them in the incontinence isle. Work great in my pain ties and then my garment over. Have to wear garment for 2 weeks then can take off at night and wear it only during day for 4 weeks . I'm leaving it on as long as I can. Helps with swelling and gives me support and a sense of protection. Don't bother me any. Want to follow Dr. orders. He said it would be good to leave it on as long as I can stand it. Go Friday to have my tape removed from incisions. That will be interesting. Talk to you Friday.

Close to 1 month

Feeling better everyday. Still get tired and sore. And my body lets me know when I overdo things. But all in all it's something I wish I had done a long time ago. Not waited till I was 50. Maybe my 30's and 40's would've been happier. Went to the gym today. Did 15 minutes on treadmill and then some arm and shoulder work with 5lb weights and squats. Thought it would be a breeze but it definitely wasn't a walk in the park. I'll go again Friday. Meantime I'll take the dog for a walk.

One month tomorrow

Garment

P.s. Not taking this garment off until I can't stand it anymore. I want to sleep in it and wear it all day. It's my super suit and the longer I can wear it the better for me.
Dr. Ozan Sozer

His staff is so friendly and compassionate. Their bedside manner is absolute high class. Dr. Sozer is a charming and charismatic man. He knows everything there is to know about mommy makeovers and then he keeps learning. He explained everything and didn't give me unrealistic expectations. The follow up has been first rate and the level of attention is outstanding. The surgery center was clean and organized and very professional. The anesthesiologist was knowledgeable and explanatory. All questions were answered and all fears laid to rest. Thank you so much fir a wonderful experience.

You're looking really good! I'm curious, did you have a breast lift only, or did you have implants?
I only had a breast lift with slight reduction. Thanks for the compliment. I feel pretty good.
You look awesome! Happy healing!
Thank you.
It's less than 2 weeks your looking great....I approach life with humor but at this point in TT recovery I remember laughing hurts Be a Turtle Slow-and-Steady hang in there I am excited to have my Breast-Lift-reduction 2/12/2014 counting the minutes. (((Healing Hugs ))) LoveLoveBelieve
Hope you are doing well!
Congrats! You're looking really good. Take care and continued healing!
Your results look great! Your TT scar is nice and low too. Keep us posted and happy healing!
How are you feeling? I'd love to see after pics :) I hope you're doing well.
Hope all goes well. I'm right along with you. I'm 3 days post op.
Good luck!!!!
Wooohoo, tomorrow's the big day! Good luck and post an update as soon as you can!
How exciting for you! I hope you get clearance on your surgery and can proceed as planned. Do you have your supplies gathered?
I wish you the best! I am having my surgery on Jan. 21.
Congrats on your decision. I'm in my 50's also and finally made the decision to have some "work" done....ext TT, lipo and hopefully BL. Best of luck and please post pictures.
Congrats on taking this big step on ur new journey! Best wishes & speedy healing!