Scared... - Edmonton, AB

Hi Everyone!! Im just looking for support and...

Hi Everyone!! Im just looking for support and experiences with tummy tucks! I had my fist daughter 5 months ago. Before her i loved my body. I am 22 and 5'8 and weight 140 pounds, when I was pregnant I hit 210-215!! As a result of all the extra weight and by 4 months pregnant everyone was always saying "wow looks like you are ready to pop" and around 7 or 8 months I all of a sudden had a ton of stretch marks!! I hate my body now and I am almost positive I dont want anymore children!

The cost of the procedure is expensive ( I also plan on getting a breat lift with implants) To me it is more then worth it. My family thinks its foolish and how they have all had children and dont know anyone who has had a tummy tuck and with time my stomach will get better.

I'm trying to find a good doctor, wether they are in Canada or the US. I will be back at work by the time I have the money for the procedures. I'm just scared and nervous and would like some advice from other ladies who have had it done. I'm thinking about going to a consultaion in Calgary soon, just to get more of an understanding of both procedures, even though I've done soo much research on the internet... its exhausting!!!

Hi MissTMG I am a 43 year old mom of 6, and I had my procedure 4 days ago. I don't want to discourage you, I only want to encourage you to make a good decision. You are so very young yet, and you've only had one baby so far. I don't really know you, but I am betting that chances are you are going to want to have another baby before you're done...right? According to some of the doctors on this website, it would not be a problem for you to have another baby...but why go through all this pain and expense...to undo all that hard work? A tummy tuck is major surgery with a lot of recovery time involved...and it's really expensive...( I didn't even realize how much is involved)....but I do now. So while I am not trying to tell anyone NOT to do it, (so far I think it was totally worth it)...all I am saying is maybe you should wait until you are sure you won't be undoing your results.
There are several great surgeons in Edmonton. Dr. Chong did my TT w/ Lipo & BL/BA and I couldn't be happier with him, both the results & the experience in general. Good luck.
Dr mast in Gainesville , Fl is the best!!
Go for it ...I am 41 and had one in May it was the best thing i ever did for myself.
Welcome TMG, this looks like my own story... sigh.... my body also changed dramatically after having babies and when i was 6 months they thought i had twins and was about to give birth....and i still had three entire months to go, LOL. I will probably also have to face some annoying comments over here (Netherlands) but i don't care anymore. I'm going for it and if you want it, go for it too. It is not vain wanting your body back and doing something for yourself. People often see TT as pure aesthetic surgery, but i see it more as a reconstructive surgery. The muschle repair will help also for your back, since women usually get a slight lordosis from their diastasis. I agree with previous comments, just take tame to think wether you are 100% sure you are not having more children. Lost of greetings from the land of tulips :-)!
your young, and may want kids later. once you have a tummy tuck, you may not have enough stretchable skin later. it can take up to 6 -12 months for your body to snap back. as far as stretch marks, a tummy tuck which is for hanging skin, will only remove them in that area (hanging area) you may still have them afterwards plus the scar from surgery. you may want just lipo. its cheaper as well. fyi i have 3 kids, my first 2 by the time i was 22, weighed 120, 5'4,same issue as you, had a 3 when i was 30, had a tummy tuck last week but my stomach hung over the upper part of theighs. also am surg. tech. and seen many of these procedures done and the young ladies with your situation wasnt happy with results because streth marks were still there.
welcome TMG. Well I have not had the procedure yet and thing is if this is what you want I say do it. As far as doctors I recommend alot of consults! I am planning to get hte same procedure next year i have been on this site for a while all the gurls are great!

Welcome Girlie!

All of the ladies here on the site will support you and provide some really good information.  You have come to the right place.

Just remember to do your research, meet with at least three doctors and take your time.   You are worth this and deserve it so keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

We are here for you:)

I had my surgery done by Dr. Whidden in Calgary. He was WONDERFUL! I'd defiantly recommend him. My belly button is fab and my scar is very thin. If I ever have work done again it will be with him!
You sound EXACTLY like me. People always told me, "oohhh give it a little while and you'll feel differently". But two years later here I am still hating the way I look. LOL. The stretch marks will fade slightly and when you lose all the weight it will help you feel better in your clothes. But in my case I feel like no matter how much weight I lose or how hard I work out nothing is going to get rid of the stretch marks and loose skin without a TT. Just make sure you go with a good doctor. I've seen some tummy tuck pictures where their scars are way too high and they have ugly belly buttons. I personally don't want to spend my money on results like that. Just do lots of research and look at lots of pictures. It will all work out in the end. Just realize there's hope and don't stress about it for now! :)
Girl, I totally relate to you! I have a two year old and gained about 45 pounds with her (starting weight 110). I, too, had no complaints about my pre-pregnancy body. Luckily, I lost all the pregnancy weight from breastfeeding, but I got lots of stretch marks on my belly and thighs, not to mention my wrinkly belly skin. I was devastated and still am. Your body will get better, but the skin won't ever be the same without surgery. Everyone tells me I'm vein, too! I am planning on having one more child and then having a full mommy makeover, like you. I already know the PS I want to see and seeing his amazing before and after photos on his website gives me a little bit of hope for what I'll be able to achieve. Hope this helps you realize there are other girls out there like yourself. :)
Thanks for the comment!! I still have 40 more pounds also to loose before I do the surgary!! Also decide wether or not I will be having another child, if I dont have another one in 3 years I'm done 110%!! I'm going to start calling around, and hopefully go for a consulation by the new year!!