SmartXide Resurfacing Around Eyes - Edmonton, AB

I had SmartXide resurfacing around eyes 4 days ago...

I had SmartXide resurfacing around eyes 4 days ago. Procedure was uncomfortable even with topical freezing. Eyes then swelled nearly shut for a day. But now only 4 days later, nearly all is back to normal. However, there was no peeling at all. I am very surprised, as I expected peeling.

I'm not sure if there will be any results at all. Wrinkles are where they started. Some water under eye still so not sure if the dark circles will be helped.

Edmonton Dermatologist

Dr. Rao is very nice and helpful. However, one of the places he works out of is a unionized environment (hospital) and the staff are not the most helpful or courteous. Don't let the staff put you off. I recommend Dr. Rao highly.

HI Tweety,

Welcome to the SmartXide community. Hmm, no peeling really, other community members often speak of peeling. Did you go back an ask your doctor what happened? I wonder if he used a high enough setting? Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt,

I have spoken with the Dr.'s office. They've put a note on my chart about not peeling and they want me to contact them again in about 3 months to discuss a "touch up". Their answer is that not everyone peels and there can still be results, due to the collagen needing time to be stimulated.

I should probably have put a comment under Vbeam as well, as I had that done at the same time, but on the sides of my nose. The treatment was for spider veins. I had previously had a number of other treatments (Cutera YAG, sclerotherapy, IPL - that all did not help). It is a week now since the Vbeam and it is not quite healed. I had horrendous purple bruising from the treatment, which was expected. However, I can see some areas where there spider veins remain. The Dr.'s office put a note about that on my chart also and they said this will just have to be done again when I can take another week off work. So the office is being very helpful, but I wish another procedure wasn't necessary. However, I would rather this situation than being burnt or scarred!

Yes, it is much better to have them tell you to come back in 3 months than be burnt or scarred, good job for looking at the positive. :) Well, I guess let us know if things do change, but for sure in 3 months how everything goes. Thanks for the added info.

-Britt