Upper Lip Botox - Edmonton, AB

I just recently got botox for the lines on my...

I just recently got botox for the lines on my upper lip. I am not a smoker, but was told age does give the lines. I didn't want to do the filler because I have never had it and didn't want a bad reaction. I've had botox before for crows feet and forehead lines, so I figured I was safe. The nurse told me that I might have trouble using a straw and a spoon. I was not told that I would have that " just got back from the dentist" feeling! Eating,drinking, talking, kissing, brushing my teeth, putting on lipstick,etc.are all difficult to do. I can't whistle and drinking out of a water bottle is impossible. It's been 2 weeks and the lip lines are still there. I really wish they would have told me all the things that could happen, I would never have gotten it done! I'm going on holidays in 3 days and am embarrassed about what's going to happen in front of people with my mouth being frozen.

Oh, and I had bruises on both the upper and lower lip.
My Dr. is a board certified dermatologist, who has been doing this for over 20 years, so you'd think I'd be ok.

I have been going to him for over 30 years for various reasons. I have just gotten into the botox game in the last few years. He has become so busy and usually only does surgeries. I am very disappointed in the lack of info. given about doing botox for lip lines.