Upper Lip Botox - Edmonton, AB

I just recently got botox for the lines on my...

I just recently got botox for the lines on my upper lip. I am not a smoker, but was told age does give the lines. I didn't want to do the filler because I have never had it and didn't want a bad reaction. I've had botox before for crows feet and forehead lines, so I figured I was safe. The nurse told me that I might have trouble using a straw and a spoon. I was not told that I would have that " just got back from the dentist" feeling! Eating,drinking, talking, kissing, brushing my teeth, putting on lipstick,etc.are all difficult to do. I can't whistle and drinking out of a water bottle is impossible. It's been 2 weeks and the lip lines are still there. I really wish they would have told me all the things that could happen, I would never have gotten it done! I'm going on holidays in 3 days and am embarrassed about what's going to happen in front of people with my mouth being frozen.

Oh, and I had bruises on both the upper and lower lip.
My Dr. is a board certified dermatologist, who has been doing this for over 20 years, so you'd think I'd be ok.

I have been going to him for over 30 years for various reasons. I have just gotten into the botox game in the last few years. He has become so busy and usually only does surgeries. I am very disappointed in the lack of info. given about doing botox for lip lines.

Can I ask how many units of botox you had, and where around the lips they were injected? I'm considering this procedure and the dr I consulted with recommended 8 units (2 in each corner of the lips, essentially). Thanks for your input.

Well, I can definitely sympathize with not liking Botox in the lips! I had just a tiny, tiny amount done and didn't care for the way it felt either. It seems some people don't mind it, but I'm with you - it just feels too weird. The good thing is it will wear off, but I'm sorry to hear you are worried about how it will affect your vacation. :-/ Do you happen to know how many units you had injected?

No, I don't. They just told me they used half of what they normally use for crows feet and forehead.

Hopefully it will move through your system quickly. Please keep us updated how you are doing and if you start to get used to it somewhat (I think I did) or if it just continues to feel super odd the entire time.