Laser Tattoo Removal on Wrist - Edmonton, AB

Almost 3 months ago I got a tattoo of my...

Almost 3 months ago I got a tattoo of my children's names on my wrist. I thought about it for a very long time. Moments after the tattoo was done I had some anxious feelings and passed it off as just being nervous or excited. I started obsessing over it and thinking "what have I done?" I felt completely jaded because it was also my babies names!?!? I had a touch up done on the spots that were bothering me, then I really hated it. I was so consumed with feelings of regret and hate for myself that I thought I was going crazy. My husband kept saying " it is only a tattoo", and " it looks beautiful" , which it does, but I could not get past the negative feelings towards it. I have booked my first laser treatment on feb 15!! They have guessed about 9 treatments with the revlite si. I am so thank ful I have found this site and that I am not alone in all my feelings. I wish you all the best in your treatments! Cheers!!!

Hey! Very good fading and just after 1 treatment! Congrats! I have the same problem as yours. Black tattoo on my left wrist. 1 treatment behind one week ago. Good luck to you! Don't be sad! I am sure it will be gone!
me too .. i have that feeling too.. i did it on the 9th Feb 2014. i am totally confused.
I just got a tattoo that I am feeling awful about too! I have had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach since the very next day. I too feel terrible, as I had it placed on my forearm for my kids too. I have a trinity knot (which I don't dislike), and the phrase "my battle is your battle" around it, running down my arm. I like the phrase and what it means to me, but now that it's on, I see that with every twist of my arm, or even in relaxed pose, it looks crooked :( It's not crooked when my forearm is facing up, as it was when we placed the template, but stupid me, I didn't think of how it would look in other positions or in motion. I love, love what it stands for (my husband and two eldest kids also got the knot to represent our love), but I'm also obsessing about how it looks every time I look in the mirror. I am debating to either add more detail to balance it out, or have the text removed. SO undecided! Does anyone know if you have more success removing a new tattoo, or an old one? Should I start treatments earlier rather than later for better success? We are going to Mexico in 3 months, and don't want a half-removed mess on my arm...either it's there or it's gone...do you think that's enough time? PS - glad I'm not alone!!
I'm glad to know I am not the only one in a situation like this. I originally got a princess tiara with my daughters name underneath on my foot. I got this because I call my daughter princess. The artist added things I didn't want on there and I ended up disliking it. I felt so guilty because it was for my daughter so how could I possibly regret it. So on the 12th I went to get a cover up. I got my daughters birth flower over the tiara. I wasn't too unhappy at first but not that its healing and peeling so bad the old tattoo is showing underneath and now I hate this worse then the original tattoo. Now I wish I could go back and just fix the original one. I liked the tiara and name just not the added stuff. Now I feel completely consumed with guilt and just want it all removed. I keep thinking how could I cover up a tattoo for my daughter and end up with a worse one?! I'm stuck with it for now since I dont have money for laser removal and no id and having trouble getting my id. The artist that did yhe flower just keeps saying let it heal and he will shade it again but I don't know if I even want to try to fix it at this point. I just want to cry and sleep so I don't have to think about. I feel so many emotions. Sad, mad, guilty, helpless. I'm glad to know I am not alone though.
Shelby92, I also had a tattoo cover up that went wrong, I covered a simple small tattoo on my spine with a huge ugly tattoo...I relate to your feelings and I am in the process of removal (session 8) It's a very long process... Cover ups can go very wrong, and I thought because my tattoo was so small and light I would have no issues, well what lesson! He certainly did cover my tattoo, but it was worse...you do have to have multiple session to fully cover the old, that is not uncommon. If you can live with your tattoo, getting more color might be an ok Idea.
Thanks for your reply blackberry11. I am going this weekend to get it shaded more and to get some more color added to it. Also gonna add the words you are my sunshine around it since i have always sung that song to my daughter and shes my sunshine when i feel alone and in the dark.. I'm hoping ill end up at least liking it. I don't know when I will ever have money for removal. But heresto hoping it comes out good and I end up loving it. I wish I could get over this guilt. My daughter is only 2. Not old enoenough to understand or care but yet I can still feel this guilt eating at me. Ugh. Hope it gets better.
Hi Shelby92, I am happy you made a decision, what I am thinking is, before you let the ink touch your skin, ensure you are getting exactly what you are wanting, get them to put on the ...what's it called, the lol, I can't find the word...the sketch on to your skin...LOL and walk around make sure you like it, that it's spelled correctly - don't just agree and let them start. I know you will think it through, but reminders always are a good thing, wish I had someone to coach me through a cover up...i thought I knew it all, and thought I could trust this so called world- renowned artists who charged me an arm and a leg for a piece of crap tattoo...but I am moving on, and he is the one with the bad Karma, not me. I wish you all the success with your tattoo, I would love to see a photo, can you do a review? B11
Thanks for all the advice Blackberry11, I will definitely do that. This artist has done many cover ups so I am hoping he can make it look nice. Hopefully adding other stuff will really make it pop. I think I am being paranoid and feel like I am obsessing over it but it is gonna on my body forever so its understandable. Btw, I looked at your tattoo. I think its awesome but in the end it only matters what you think. I know how you feel. The first "artist" that did the tiara did me wrong and now I am trying to clean up the mess. I find myself depressed over all of this but try to stay strong for my daughter. I will do a photo and review when its all done. Hoping this will be the last time I have to shade it but may need a couple more time. We will see.
Even more bummed now. :/ The guy that did my cover up royally screwed it up. So now to fix it is gonna cost me a lot, and I can't afford it right now. So I don't know how long ill be stuck with this ugly thing before I can get it fixed. Probably til late September or early October. This really SUCKS! I just want to cry. Now im scared to go to another artist to get it fixed bc what if he messes it up too? Now I really am having a hard time trusting artists.
Fantastic fading!
Woa it faded a lot....!!!!
Woop woop!!!!! Looks awesome, you must have a great laser tech! Yours was like mine and brand new when you started, and this is amazing results for brand new!
Thanks guys! So far I am very pleased with the results. Next appt is April 19th. I know it will be a very long road but I am trying to stay very positive and think ahead. I no longer look at it and say " omg what have I done?" I look at it and think wow it WILL BE GONE!! Seeing some fading was so encouraging. Good luck to you ladies!!
Looks great! Your next session must be just around the corner!!?? Looks like it faded alot. Hope you are doing good!:)
wow, that will be gone in no time, and you will be so happy about that! I still must say, I really liked your tattoo...but it was not for you and that's whats important.
Good fading already!!
Hi, if you don't like the tattoo and can't live with then go for the laser. There is also numbing creme you can use. I'll do that. I've got 2 tattoos I want to get rid of and had about 8 sessions so far. I had sessions with and without the creme. I must say using the creme doesn't make it so painful but even without it it doesn't hurt as much as when I had the tattoos done in first place.
I totally understand how you feel because the same thing happened to me. I got my grandpa's name on my wrist, and the moment it was done I regretted it. I can't help but have a mixture of emotions about it. After taking 6 months to consider it, I have decided to go for laser removal, but I'm scare of the pain and the healing process. I wish you luck on your journey and hope to keep reading about the process.
Hello! Don't be scared! It really isn't that bad. I have had one treatment I can really notice a difference already. I have my next one on the 19 th. It is especially hard to digest when it is someone's name who is very important to you.....ie: my kids! It will be fine, don't worry. You are doing the right thing for you. Keep me posted on you journey!
Thank you, will do!
I really like your tattoo, but if you don't then understandable. I think it's very well done..it will lighten as it ages, and blend more with the skin, maybe you are shocked cuz it seems so dark and your skin is fair...
Hello blackberry! I do like the idea of it, just not on my wrist! I just cannot stop thinking about when I am 60 years old with grand kids and having such a visible tattoo. I have had my first treatment and it went very well. Some lines are already gone! Your story was the first one I started following when I was so upset about my tattoo. Your personal experience was very inspirational to me, and for that, I thank you. I remember when I first got the tattoo and I was reading your story, crying and relating to everything you said, even the shows you referred to. My husband and I watched the show about the family in New Zealand too, " this is life" ?? I think? I was thinking of how happy they are with next to nothing, but they had each other and their horses and their health. That is what matters, not some temporary tattoo. theses tattoos dont define who we are, they have just made us stronger and wiser for future endevors. My tattoo is so trivial in the big picture, i have 3 awesome kids and a wonderful husband. How is your removal coming along? Cheers!!
Hi, I am glad your treatment went well and you have some visable fading. I understand the worry of growing old with visable tattoos, but they just add to who we are, but I completely understand. You are correct, the tattoo is very trivial in the big picture, and I am glad you are able to put the situation into perpective. :) I wish you luck with your removal, yours will be super easy I am sure, and in time it will be gone. I am not going to be so lucky, but I stopped the worry about it, because I feel mine will never be 100% removed, and even if, probably ugly scar behind, so I am planning a beautiful back peice which I will be proud of. I love tattoos, and I will work towards building a piece I can love and want to show off. Keep up posted on your removal, it really helps others, what a great community of support we have, I am also very thankful for this site. I thought I was alone in this, like some big idiot who didn't plan out her tattoo and made a huge mistake ....but life just happens, I realize I am not an idiot, none of us are, I am just a girl who wanted a nice back tattoo and it didn't go as planned. That can happen when you put your trust into someone else's hands (literally) and I will fix this, and eveyone in this situation will also have success.  As for my removal, it's going well, no scarring so far, and some fading, not drastic, I actually go for session 5 tomorrow. Take care, keep in touch!
Ok so not a good day today. I am really anxious thinking this is NOT going to come off of me. No matter how many sessions I do is this even going to work?... I'm very nervous. I know I shouldn't expect much from just the first treatment but I can't stop looking at it thinking how is this even going to be possible! ~very scared~
I feel like that too periodically throughout the day almost everyday. Keep positive though, I know we will do great! You need to focus on something else and try not to even look at it for at least 18 months!! It is going to be ugly for a while, but it is only temporary my friend.