Just Had my First Photofacial - Edmonds, WA

This price is for one IPL photofacial and one...

This price is for one IPL photofacial and one microdermabrasion combined. I have white/olive skin, had to stop tanning two months prior to treatment. (hard for me!, but was told I needed to do it). First they put numbing cream on my face, then cleansed my face and chest. It really wasn't that painful, and the whole time I was being "zapped" the woman had a cold, cold air blowing thing on me to keep my face cool and from swelling. My chest wasn't numbed at all and it didn't hurt at all. I walked out looking and feeling fine, a few dark spots already appearing (no one else would notice this). It's been a couple hours since my treatment and so far my face looks fine with a few brown spots appearing, but my chest is heavily spotted!! HOLY MOLY!! She used a more intense pulse on my chest, was more conservative with my face. I have another treatment scheduled in two and 1/2 weeks. She said my chest will get really "scary" looking (turtlenecks!!, good thing it's winter), and my face will show spots in the next day or so, although some are showing. My chest is stinging a bit, nothing crazy, and my face has a small, slight burn....nothing to really write about. All in all, I can't tell the results, but I'm hoping for an overall nicer, fresher appearance!

She wanted to be more conservative on my face due to my olive skin tone and tanning (even though I hadn't done it in a long while). I guess then my recovery period wouldn't be as intense. Today my face looks fine, a bit speckled, but nothing like my chest which is heavily speckled. I go back in 2 weeks for round two! Maybe she'll be more aggressive then.

That makes sense. Please keep us posted on how the healing is going for you!!

Good job for not tanning for a month! I made the switch from regular tanning to spray tanning...I know about the withdrawals we Washingtonians can go through with that! ;)

Was there a reason she decided to be a bit more aggressive on your chest than on your face, or was it just so your face would still look ok during the recovery period?

So, I just had my second treatment of photofacial...

So, I just had my second treatment of photofacial yesterday. The first one definitely erased many many spots on my chest, and a few on my face. Nothing HUGELY noticeable, but it does appear more "even" and smooth. Hopefully this second time around it will make it even better. I do miss tanning, for me, tanning blends everything, all marks and lines sort of become invisible and "one". But, I'm 41 now so it's time to only spray tan and take care of the skin so I don't look leathery in my later years. I do recommend photofacial, but I think two to three treatments is needed. One just isn't enough for a noticeable change.
Did I get brick like marks on ur chest ?
U *

So glad to hear your second treatment well! I'm glad you saw results from the first one and will be really interested to hear what you see after the second one.

So it sounds like you are making a permanent switch to spray tan too - good for you!!! I'm not going to lie, I miss the way regular tanning made my skin look, and I still struggle with getting the spray tan to go on even - but like you said, definitely a worthwhile switch for how it will make our skin in the long run. :)

Radiant Rejuvenation