Definitely Worth It---do Your Research! - Edison, NY

Absolutely awesome! But do your homework people!!...

Absolutely awesome! But do your homework people!! I went to 4 doctors for consultation, 4 completely different doctors all over New Jersey. 3 of them were dermatologists who had smart-lipo machines and had taken a weekend course in smart lipo. No way. Are these people nuts? Just read the reviews!

(I am 50 years old, exercise regularly, gym rat, post-menopausal belly) I had my inner thighs, waist, back, upper & lower abdomen done and I weigh 145 lbs and am 5'2" tall.

I found a board certified plastic surgeon who was very comprehensive in the exam. I went for 2 consultations to him. You can not eat or drink after midnight the night before. You will have a certified anesthesiologist put you to sleep and should not feel a thing.

Post op--it's only been 2 days, I have a lot of bruising. The garment rubbing against your little incisions is the painful part. Had to use painkillers a couple times. No biggie. Used tylenol instead a few times, save the narcs for bedtime.

Absolutely the best facility! I did my research,...

Absolutely the best facility! I did my research, always have before I choose any doctor whatsoever. (I spent 8 months researching and interviewing ortho-dontists for my kid). Dr. Cuber has an excellent bedside manner, answered all of my questions repeatedly I may add! He followed up with me after surgery for an entire year, he is awesome! don't do lipo without anesthesia!!ALWAYS hire the anesthesiologist that they have on premises. Yes, I HIGHLY recommend this place and Dr. Cuber. Thanks!

Edison Plastic Surgeon

I am consulting with this physician friday 3/4. REal Self has been such a great resource tool for me. although i have a high pain threshhold i don't want to be uncomfortable in the procedure. KNOCK ME OUT!. I have an appointment with a dr. to have it done april 1st but after reading the blogs most say that you should go to a plastic surgeon not a laser or dr. that has a cerftificate to perform. Also some physicians have blogged that most non Plastic Surgeons have a vested financial interest in the machine. That has me nervous since its a laser specialist i selected. I'm going on Friday for a consult for abs upper and lower. when doing upper abs and lower abs do they also do the flanks is that included in the "muffin top" just curious. Thanks for sharing your story, this so helps other candiates opting for the procedure. Thanks again and i hope your results and recovery are amazing!
Miss Donna Pomona
How did your consult go? Remember, this is not a 'smart lipo' guy this is the real deal.
I hope it went great. I'm 2 years out now and things are good. You must get back to exercising when it's over too.
Let me know how it went, and when your procedure is and how much.

Congrats on your results! I am having a consult w/ this Dr. on Monday for SmartLipo of the abdomen. I am 99% sure I want to have the procedure, but 1% of me is worried about the pain. I consulted with a board certified surgeon the other day who performs the procedure while the pt is awake. I am 29 and am also a "gym rat", I am tone and trim everywhere but cant seem to lose the stomach fat.

Hi Mariniya, Provider information is located above the review. Please note, you must be signed in to view.
Hey there! It sounds like you really knew all the facts walking in to the procedure, and planning it out with the long-weekend to cushion your healing was a great idea! It sounds like you're doing well already, and I'd definitely like to "chat" in the coming days and weeks, to keep eachother posted on our progress with everything. I'd love to see some pics too, whenever you get a chance to take and post some! ;)
Hello there Maple, I know what you mean about doctors breaking down the cost---with all the consults I went on, I know. So here's my breakdown: Abs & Waist - $3500, Inner thighs - $1900, Anesthesia $900. God Bless the Anesthesia!! Don't go anywhere without it!! When I said my back, I meant my bra-roll, and all of those areas were included in the "Abs & Waist" price. I see immediate results, but am still quite uncomfortable---and since I have told NO ONE of this procedure, I am doing very well. I took a few vacation days from work leading in to the long holiday weekend and that's the best part. I am very happy I did it for all the right reasons. We should "talk" sometime. Good Luck with everything!!
Can you please tell me your doc's name? I am trying to find the best possible way to get rid fro my tummy. I would want an easer recovery, but all doctors tell me that Laser lipo doesn't work.
Hey there, I definitely agree with you that it is IMPORTANT to make sure you go to a certified plastic surgeon and not just to any doctor who says he is certified, because as you mentioned, that doesn't really mean much aside from a piece of paper....not necessarily any great skill. Also, congrats on being done with your procedure and being on the healing side of things now. I'll be in your shoes in less than 2 weeks from now, and I am very excited. As for the incision marks, I've read that it often really helps to put a small bandaid over each on so that the garment doesn't rub directly on them whenever you move around. You said that one of the areas you got done was you "back"...What part of the back? I know that docs like to section off as many areas as possible, it seems, so they can charge more...LOL. I am going to be getting 4 areas done (and a bit off the pubic area for free). I'll be getting my upper and lower abs, flanks, and bra roll (subauxillary) area done. Happy healing and best of luck from here on out! ;)