TT with Lipo and a Breast Lift 6/14/10

I had a TT with lipo to the flanks and thighs and...

I had a TT with lipo to the flanks and thighs and a breast lift on June 14th. The first three days were the hardest. I had issues with extreme nausea and was vomiting the night of day 2 post-op. I am almost 2 weeks out and am a feeling much better. I am a little worried because the dox said that this is the week to watch for fluid under the skin. I'm pretty sure I have some so am worried for my doc appt. on Tuesday cuz he'll have to get the flud out with a needle. Anyone else experience this? A seroma I believe it's called?

My doctor made me feel very comfortable from the consultation through recovery visits. He went the extra mile to make sure I was feeling good!

Congrats on your surgery! I would love to hear more as you progress through your healing. I am considering exactly what you had done - and am thinking of having the surgery in the Twin Cities (I'm from a small town with one PS.) I also have problems with nausea and vomiting with surgery - that's part of why I haven't had a TT yet. I would love to know who your PS is and if you have pics to share. Good luck with your next doc appt!! Let us know how you make out.
Glad you are feeling better. I have finally scheduled my TT for Sept. 8. After 2 c-sections, gaining and losing 60 lbs., my tummy is a disaster. I have maintined my weight for 5 yrs, work-out regularly, eat healthy, done having children (done w/ menopause) - am a young 53! I am having an Extended TT w/ Liposuction (Abs, Waist & Hip Rolls), Liposuction (Hips & Circumferential Thighs). My biggest worry and fear is nausea and vomiting. I have had surgeries before and have vomited everytime, except once. Did you know that you had issues w/ nausea and vomiting before your surgery, and if so, did you tell your PS and anesthesiologist about it? I am from Mpls., and hoping you might share more of your experience w/ me and perhaps provide me w/ your PS name. Thanks much!

That does sound like a seroma. But do connect with your surgeon on this. Here's what some doctors on RealSelf have to say about seromas after tummy tuck with lipo.