No Regrets - Edina, MN

After losing 120 lbs I had excess skin on my...

After losing 120 lbs I had excess skin on my stomach and deflated uneven breasts. I had several consults and decided to go with Dr.Smith. He was about the same price as other surgeons but he seemed much more aware of what I needed to make the best shape, I needed the skin removed and my breasts fixed but for 10k I wanted to look hot. I did silicone implants with a nipple lift, tummy tuck and lipo. The recovery was pretty difficult for me but Dr.Smith was always available by phone for questions. I'm not sure how much a doctor can prepare you for the post op procedure, because everyone is different, but it was tough and I the anesthesia made my legs like limp noodles for 2 days. When all was said and done i have a flat tummy, nearly perfect breasts and a low scar. I was a difficult case and I couldn't be happier with the result. I have some minor wrinkles at the edge of my scar on my tummy but if that's all I have to live with ill take it. I would do it all again. Christine at the front desk is so sweet, only thing I would recommend is doing your own research on what to expect post surgery to better prepare. I probably could have benefitted from more post op recovery time with the doctor around, only because it freaked my mom out when I couldn't walk and lost a lot of my color, but I'm glad I didn't have a required overnight hospital stay. If you are doing a tummy tuck, Have a shower stool, a wheel chair, bathrobes, straws and someone to help much longer than 1 day. It's rough but I would never be this happy had I not done it.

1 year

Only thing I hate

When you have a front tuck and they don't cut all the way around you can have a "dog ear" skin fold on the side where the incision closes. No one can notice with clothes- just part of the deal- only thing I don't like.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Smith is good at what he does. He was honest and doesn't sugar coat things which some may think is bad bedside manner but its really just him doing what he has to do. He helped me make some good choices and was careful to avoid any complications. I liked that it was in his own private office surgery room and the multiple pre-op and post-op visits were easy and appreciated.