PLEASE take the time to find a professional, caring and knowledgeable surgeon.

Im 29.. I have a ten, eight and 2 yr old. Ive had...

Im 29.. I have a ten, eight and 2 yr old. Ive had two csections and my gallbladder removed. Im so happy I'm actually getting a tummy tuck in july! I paid cash this past friday and theres no turning back! I have a really big gut! Its been a major problem for me.. It makes me extremely insecure. I have confidence and i feel pretty but my stomach holds me back from a lot.It sucks standing up cuz i dont want to sit and have my big gut stick out...being nervous that someones going to snap a bad pic of me where im not sucking it in. I cant wear form fitting shirts ever! Its usually baggy shirts.. Or dresses. Im good at covering it up.. But i hate having to worry so much about it. Id love to just put on a pair of jeans and cute top with no hesitation. All the stretching has even made my crotch look different. I hate that too. My fiance has never had a problem with my body but i know how we will both be reaping the benefits after the tt. Im excited to actually wear some sexy panties and know i look sexy. Mike is my fiance; he will take off a few days of work to help me after surgery. My surgery is on a thursday and he will go back to work on monday. I have a good friend that lives down the road and shes going to stop by after work to help me out and change my dressings for me. The kids will be out of school.. So i will have their help too. Honestly tho.. Im nervous about the pain. Im going to take the pain killers and stay on top of it.. I just hope i can handle my 2 yr old alone.. Well after mike goes back to work. Were planning on getting married in january at the courthouse and having a nice reception.. Ill actually be able to wear a form fitting dress for the party:) ive been reading everyones reviews and decided to write my own and share my story. Im so grateful and lucky to be able to get the surgery.. Money wise. So excited to wear all the clothes i want to wear and to have even better sex! Lol i rarely ever go on top cuz of my nasty stomach even tho i want to. I hate always wearing a shirt or feeling insecure during sex when I'm a sexual person.. It just sucks. Anyways ill keep updating! I hope someone out there reads my story!

Congratulations on your decision! I read your story and it sounds so much like mine. I just want to wear a shirt and dress that isn't two sizes too big to hide my belly. I had my surgery on May 5th and loving my results so far. Good luck to you!
I seen your pics! Looking good! And thank you:):)
You will have such a great result!!

More before pics of my big nasty lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

A dress I plan on wearing... I better be able to wear it lol

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I have about 7 weeks to go.. But im not wasting anytime!

I bought a full length mirror:):) I also got my prescriptions! I tried on a bunch of clothes today.. Took before pics... Some Of the clothes I was able to wear before my last pregnancy.. Other clothes Were clothes I bought for someday! Lol so hopefully after tt.. Will be my someday!!! Woot woot!

I can relate to pretty much everything your going thru even the gall bladder removal lol.. I just booked my surgery for June 20th AHHH! Exciting feeling to know that very soon we shall be close to as we were before babies :) Good luck on your journey as go thru together.
It is exciting!! Its surreal! We deserve it:):) good luck to you too:D
Good luck to you!

55 more days!! So excited!!

Yes it is and we sure do!! :) Thank you & Good luck as well..

Losing some weight

So im going to lose ten pounds before surgery... About 6 weeks away. Has anyone else tried to lose a certain amount of weight right before surgery??? How did it work out???

Eat 1200 calories a day & eat 50-100 carbs a day. If you don't have a gym membership.. Power walk up heels & do some HIIT intervals..( high intensity interval training) like jumping jacks, jumping squats etc.. You will lose 2 lbs or more weekly but more importantly you will lose inches all over. This will also help to speed recovery & give you better results. I will be having my sx around that time. Good luck :)
Thanks a lot!!!! Good luck to u too:D

Sooo anxious! More before pics... Cant wait to post.. post op pics...

Hoping to have great results like a lot of you women on the site!

Emotional wreck

20 days til surgery... Feeling really emotional. Not sure if its because of surgery or what. Anyways...

Hi Sara, I am having my TT on July 8th and for the past week I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I was actually glad to see your review and realize I am not the only one! I'm still really excited but my nerves are kicking in big time!! lol
Yeah im crying out of nowhere here and there. My fiance is out of state for work... So im driving to go be with him for ten days tomorrow. I dont have many ppl to talk to about the emotions either. I cant even tell my mom about the tummy tuck because she hates on me... Its soo sad. Im scared of recovery too! I cant wait to have a waist and I feel so grateful to be having the tt but I'm just scared, lonely, nervous and excited! Well good luck to you! You have like 11days! Yay!!
Aww, so glad you're going to be with your fiance! Makes me sad to hear you're lonely = ( My feelings are almost identical to yours! Feeling excited but anxious about what recovery will be like. I also don't have many people to share this with. Hubby needs a break from hearing about it. (I think he's having anxiety of his own). My mom lives in another state and is 86 years old so I haven't told her since I don't want her to worry. I will probably tell her the day before so she has no time to worry. Best wishes! I'll be watching for your updates!

12 days... Oh my!

Time has been flying by. I bought a recliner today... Since everyone says its worth having:) Im hoping that my results will be sexy. Im a curvy girl.. So I hope a smaller waist will make my butt and boobs look even better lol how long does it take til I can actually go out and enjoy myself after surgery? 6 weeks after surgery is the state fair.. And I want to go. Do you think ill be feeling up to it?

Hi there you will be fine.. I am 30 and had mine done a little over a month ago. It's so worth it. Keep us updated.. good luck
Thank u!!!
Congratulations on your decision to have your TT. I know how good it feels to pay it off and count the days. I just had my TT done on 6/25. I do just want to caution you that I underestimated the recovery/initial pain. It was very difficult the first week. I would say for you to be sure you have someone to care for your little one that entire first week. Honestly without my partner and my 17 year old daughter I don't know how I would have survived. I couldn't even go to the bathroom without assistance. I am now 10 days post op and feel 100%better. I can now do all things alone. I am still working on walking and bieng able to stand straight. I have my 3rd follow up on Monday. I know in the end I will be happy.. Every day is a better day

9 days to go..

Only 9 days to go... Oh wow! Cant wait for my fiance and I to see the results together! I know it takes time for final results.. But having this big fat blob gone is going to be life changing alone. :D

Shit just got real!

Holy smokes! I had my pre op appointment 2 days ago... That was crazy... I was so nervous... Like omg I'm really getting a tummy tuck! Then my dressings came today! 6 more days... Gosh i cant wait to strut around in my bra and panties in front of my man:):)

Hang in there. You will look amazing once surgery is over and you have some time to heal. Apparently the emotional roll we coaster is normal, before and even the first week after surgery. The RS community is here cheering you on...keep us posted and in the loop.
Thank you!!!
Just wanted to mention how incredibly different we can all be. I found recovery not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have little ones at home though and I can't imagine trying to take care of anyone but me this first week and I definitely needed constant help the first 2 days! There is a definite need to mentally prepare but knowing what I know now, I could have worried a lot less! Do you know if your PS uses the pain pump system the first 3 days? It worked great! Hang in there and soon you will be on the flat side and loving it! = )

4 DAYS!! Questions!

So what are good things to eat while healing? I need to prepare.. Since surgery is thursday. I know at first I wont have much of an appetite but I will need to eat something.... I dont like fruit tho...so any suggestions? Also.. I know my ps office is calling tomorrow to give me preop directions but how often will I be changing my dressings? Aww jeez I just have that crazy anxious feeling.. I never thought I would ever get a tummy tuck... The cost. And here I am 4 days away... I feel incredibly lucky and grateful! Im also thankful I found realself... It makes this experience even better... Not as scary. It feels like i have a bunch of women holding my hand thru this! Lol

Dreamcruiser has some great suggestions! On my first post op visit I mentioned I felt very thirsty but nothing was quite quenching it. The nurse suggested smoothies and also gatorade-type drinks that contain vitamins. I stopped for a protein smoothie right after that appt and it tasted soooo good!! Also, my PS told me to make sure I was getting enough nutrition. He said a lot of women think since they don't have much of an appetite, they can get a jump start on dieting (could he read my mind? Lol!) but he said this is not the time for that. Our bodies need food for strength and healing. In the first days I did crave grapes and watermelon. Oh, and a little mac and cheese. I did buy jello but I have not wanted it. English muffins and toast have also tasted pretty good. So excited for you!! Your going to be so happy!
Sara, since my surgery is not until Sept it is hard to suggest food, but can tell you that our post patients like jello, broth, yogurt , mashed potatoes , juices and shakes....maybe protein shakes would be good. Easy stuff on your tummy. And yes, we are here for you....don't you just love the support from the RS community?!?
Yes I do! Its a godsend! Thanks! The protein shakes are a great suggestion!!

3 days! Feeling a mix of emotions! Happy tho:D

What an awesome idea....think I will go buy some sexy panties too.....help keep my eye on the prize! Love it!
Yeah do it up!!!!
I loved reading your post. I just had my TT with MR on July 9th. I was the exact same way. Ask if you get the On Q. If you do there is no pain in your incision at all. The only discomfort you will have is the MR. It feels like your muscles are constantly flexed. Recovery has actually not been so bad. I am heading back to work with 2 drains in tomorrow. I was going to go today, but the pain medicine constipation crept up on me. You sound like a strong woman. You will be fine and you will be so happy you did it. Good luck and stay relaxed.

The end of an old.. Start of a new...

Today has been pretty laid back. I have a lot on my mind tho. Im finishing up on all the piled up laundry.. I hate laundry. I feel better tho.. Now that a majority of it is done. This little waiting period is so crazy to me. Its like I'm waiting for this life to end to start up a new way of life. Meaning.. Im going to be so much happier with a body I'm not embarrassed of. Ill be able to walk against the wind and not worry how big my stomach looks.. Ill be able to go to the gym and not feel like a big fat ass cuz my stomach... Ill have a better variety of gym clothes too! Im going to take showers with my man...I'm going to be happy to go to parties and events I'm invited to... Instead of stressing over what I'm going to wear that will hide my stomach... Then coming up with excuses not to go...I'm going to be able to wear jeans with a belt and not have to wear a long tank top to hide my extra tummy...my man will be able to hold my hips when we have sex.. Instead of trying to hold on to my flapping stomach lol hahaha omg its sooo sad but its true! Ill be able to watch him do his business... Instead of trying to look over my stomach. There has been sooo many times that I've been in a horrible mood and treated mike ( my man) differently because my insecurities with my tummy...and he will always say.. Whats wrong.. Why are you acting mad... Well I'm too embarrassed to tell him that I feel my body is UnProportioned and makes me angry and sad. We finally talked about it in more detail recently... When I said how bad I want a Tummy tuck and how much it would change my life... And his lol I'm not going to be so damn crabby! Im just so excited to be a new woman... Its inside me but doesn't show on the outside! Im sooo excited to just go with the flow instead of letting my tummy control everything! And once again .. Im so thankful to have this opportunity... I pray for a good recovery and the strength I need to get thru the difficult parts! Happy healing ladies on the flatside!! And I hope time flies to the ladies waiting!!

Yay sara!! You sound so ready for this! I was too and I have been so happy since surgery!! I was prepared for the depression that I've read so much about but nope, I'm just way too happy for that!! After reading your post i think you'll be the same way! Take a deep breath, it will be over before you know it and your gonna love the new you...especially in that hot pink dress! = D
Lol thank you!! Your definitely a big inspiration to me!
= )

Tomorrow is my big day! Dream come true!

I have to be at the surgery center at 6:30 am... So ill be waking up at 4:30am... Take a shower and get dressed in the loose sweats and a loose zip up hoodie.. Drs orders! I cant have lotion, makeup, hair product , nail polish or perfume on. The surgeon office is about an hour away from home but were going to leave an hr and a half early... Just to be safe! Im dropping my kids off at my dads tonight.. They will be with him til friday.. Then they will come home and my two girls will head to summer camp til monday. My baby boy will be home with his dad and I. The hardest part of the surgery will be not being able to pick up my boy... Hes sooo sweet and Im just hooked to him.. It makes me cry just thinking about it :'( I just have to keep reminding myself that its not forever and it'll be worth it! I just hope he doesn't really notice...ill still squeeze him tho and give him tons of kisses when I can. Oh man I just cant believe this is really happening... Well ill be posting soon on the flatside!

Good luck with your big day!!! You will be fine take it easy !!! :)
Good luck tomorrow. Just get some rest tonight. My doctor had me take 2mg ativan half hour before my appointment. Let's just say I don't remember much if that morning lol or that afternoon for that matter! Talk to you soon !
Thanks! Just cant wait to get it overwith!

I cant stop thinking!!

So I just hope I look good... I hope my results stun me in a good way... I just am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my tummy will be gone tomorrow! Im so use to this stomach that it just seems like having a flat tummy isn't possible for me... Ya I know.. Im thinking too much... But this is just something that has always been in my dreams.. Im having such a hard time believing that this is really going to happen and that I'm going to be able to look at myself in the mirror naked and smile. :'( I wish tomorrow would just get here.. I need proof! Lol I'm so emotional right now.. If you cant tell.. Ill be going to sleep soon.. Well in a cpl hrs....

Good luck! I'm so exited for you!
Thank you... Im sooo nervous..
Thanks!!!

Nervous!

Praying that all goes well. I'm researching my options.
Well its done... Im at home... Just took a pain pill.. Everything is sooo tight.. But thats normal.. I just cant wait to get past this healing crap! Tomorrow i will see it...
I was driving with my man this morning at 6:30 and telling him you were in surgery :) Just wanted you to know you were in my thoughts.

And its done!

Well... Im home.. The ride home sucked.. But thats cuz the pain meds were wearing off from surgery.. And I was craving a pain pill... But had to wait to get some food in my tummy. So now im sitting in recliner waiting for the pill to kick in. Ive laughed a bunch... When I woke up I told the nurses i felt drunk.. Then I asked if they were playing music.. Cuz eminem was playing in my head.. They were laughing. They were playing music but not eminem lol ive had my drains emptied twice . Mike helped me with the drains when we got home.. Hes sooo squeamish.. I said suck it up! I love him lol my binder is on tight as fuck! Sorry about the language.. I do tend to have a potty mouth. Ill see tummy tomorrow when i get my dressings changed at drs. I can tell a difference tho. My crotch is higher up... Well where it belongs.. Thank you god! Dr smith was sooo nice... He kept reminding me that the surgery was perfect for me and id be one happy woman! He took off 9 pounds.. Skin and fat. Anyways ttyl! And rip to all those who lost their lives today in the airplane crash...sooo damn sad. Some ppl make me sick!

Thanks for the update, and you sound like you are doing well. Love the humor and potty mouth. Way to go! Let the healing begin.
No problem:) your time is right around the corner!! Woohoo!!! :D
Sara you did it!!! I was thinking about you this morning and figuring you were probably mid - surgery. You are too funny about your cg!! I actually feel a sense of security with mine on. Be extra kind to yourself right now. Hugs!!

Well thursday after surgery I went home and was doing alright.. I felt better than expected. Well after a few hours I got a dizzy spell... A bad one.. I started sweating really bad and I felt like it was hard to breath... I prayed and finally it went away. Even tho it went away it reminded me of an incident that happened to me 9 yrs ago... I was on the depo shot and hadnt had my period in 6 months.. Then i got it and it was sooo heavy that i was losing too much blood at once and went to er and had an emergency dnc. That all began with those dizzy spells. So anyways back to the tt... After the spell passed I was scared it was going to happen again... And it did repeatedly... Every time I stood up i felt very faint... A super scary feeling. I told my fiance mike around 11:30 pm I have to go to the er. I could barely talk... Mike brought me to er and helped me in wheelchair and the nurses brought me back right away.. I was as white as a ghost and had blue lips. My hemoglobin went from 14 at pre op a week prior to surgery to a 6. They did a scan on my stomach to see if I was bleeding abnormally... Everything looked normal... My body is basically very sensitive... When it comes to blood. My hospital transfered me to a larger hospital just incase... I had a blood tranfusion... A bunch of fluids. Yesterday i was taken from the icu to trama floor.. Which is good. My hemo has been fluctuating but the dr says everything is looking up and I should beable to go home tomorrow. I had to reschedule my follow up with ps for monday... I can kinda see my tummy but its sooo dang swollen so its not something to stare at. I just am trying to stay positive and pray that I continue to heal fine and that ill be happy when I look in mirror in a few weeks. Im a rare case thats forsure... Anyways... Ill talk to you all later! Please say a lil prayer for me.. This has been scary.. I just want things normal again...

Prayers coming your way.
Wow sorry to here about all that u went through. I know must have been scared. I pray that from here on you have a smooth recovery amen. God bless you.
Thank u so much!!

Going home

Hemoglobin has been steady.. Blood pressure looking good:) i get to go home today! I think it'll be a lot easier to get around to when I'm home. I also get to take a shower today. Ive been able to get in and outta the hospital bed by myself... Its not easy though. Im taking my pain meds.. And I'm not afraid to take them either! I have to poop.. But haven't yet... So I've taken a few stool softener and miralax... I have stuff at home to take too. Hopefully i poop today or tomorrow. Still haven't seen the tummy.. From what I have seen.. Im swollen and its icky looking.. The nurses say that they think itll look great once healed.. I freakin hope so!! Cuz this has been a crAzy scary draining emotional painful ride so far! Im looking forward to dressing up.. Makeup.. Perfume.. Cute clothes and feeling sexy:):)

Glad you get to go home. Your BP is good, and Hgb is good. Scary stuff for sure, now it is time for healing! And with blood and fluids you probably feel a little stronger....no passing out allowed from here on out. Thanks for posting the pics, you are going to look amazing!
Lol yeah no passing out forsure! I feel so much better... And thank u:)
So glad to here you are doing better.

I have my follow up today and am very nervous. One side is more swollen then the other and I'm praying thats normal. I pretty much feel depressed. I hope that the dr says its normal and nothings wrong and that I'm still going to look great. :(

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr says that The swelling is from the fluid and I need to start draining the one bulb about 12 times a day.. I agree with him. They put a new binder on me.. And it feels soooo much better. I have another follow up next monday.

Hi sara! I'm glad your doctor was able to reassure you and offer a solution to the swelling. Hang in there! It's going to get a little better with every new day! = )
Thanks:) thats what I keep telling myself... Everyday will be a little better.. So far it seems that way too:) thank you!!!
I just seen this comment.. Thank you!!! Yeah im even taking a second shower tomorrow :p haha jk.

Swelling is going down.. But still feel HUGE

Okay so swelling is getting better in tummy but still very swollen and my whole body is swollen! Im pretty sure i weigh like 190 and b4 surgery i weighed 170. It takes time tho. One thing thats forsure is my big ass belly is gone!! Still waiting to take that shit! Omg!!! I hope it comes today....

More b4 and after pics.. I have binder on tho

Sounds like a scary first few days, but you are know on the mend! Glad to hear you are home and can focus on healing :-) I used dulcolax every day and continued to use it even after the first "success" to ensure regularity. Yes, swelling is now a way of life. It will go away, just takes time and I keep reminding myself it is my bodies way of healing on the inside. Hope your recovery is smooth from here on out!
Thanks! Omg i finally was able to have a bm last night!!!!! I was soo freaking happy:):) i felt relieved and a lot less pressure!
Senokot stool softners work so goooood! I take a dose each time I took the pain meds ... Hope that cures the constipation . Happy healing

Day 7

Feeling a helluva lot better than day 2, 3 and 4. Every morning getting outta recliner is the worse. Sitting so long and bladder full.. Then sitting up on my own. After I get up and moving.. I loosen up and feel a little better:) Im not going to lie... Im still taking the pain meds... But farther apart then before. My fiance went back to north dakota for work yesterday... So last night was my first night with the kids alone. It makes me cry that I'm not able to pick up my boy yet.. But he's okay with it. The hard part is getting him to get on my bed when I have to change his diaper. Usually I would just do it on the floor.. But this morning he listened.. It took a cpl minutes but he climbed up and let momma change his poopy diaper!! My two daughters have been helpful.. Especially my ten yr old. Ill be paying them once I no longer need them as much as I do now. They know that too.. So every time they get frustrated about helping so much.. I ask.. "Do u want that money"? Lol well i mean my daughter has even wiped my ass for me.. She seems really good about it tho.. Maybe she will be an RN someday:) my girls understand why I had the surgery.. They seen my big flap and understood how much it bothered me. Im not worried about it affecting my girls in any way. They're pretty confident, strong minded little ladies. I finally took a poop last night! It was such an amazing feeling! I called mike right away... He was soo happy for me too! Yesterday after my shower I called mike in the bathroom and showed him my tummy for the first time ... I could tell he was happy:):) it felt so good standing there... With nothing on and not being worried. Its like go ahead and look and my big ass and thighs.. Im just happy that big nasty tummy is gone! Mike comes home in 6 weeks... Thats a long ass time! But oh maaa god I'm excited to see him then! Im going to look sooo damn hot for him! I cant wait to make him feel bashful:) before he left yesterday he handed me a Victoria secret brochure... He said.. Im prolly going to shoot myself later for this.. But here.. This was in the mail. Lol I've already spent sooo much money on perfume and panties and lingerie from there for after surgery. He loves me tho:):) drains have been filling up good...which makes me happy.. Since I'm still so swollen. Well I don't have much more to say right now... Happy healing ladies! And to the ladies waiting for surgery...enjoy your last few days of doing whatever you want however you want....Id have to say the first 4 days are a bitch!

so glad that you're feeling better physically and feeling better about yourself mentally! It's definitely life changing how your self esteem goes back up. I updated my review on Monday afternoon. Believe it or not my Dr said I was still swollen.. More than I thought I was lol. So here is to us and our swollen bellies and recovery ! It's worth every penny.
I'm so glad you're doing great & you're feeling better!

So emotional...

I have to be honest.. This recovery is driving me crazy. One hour im thinking positive... Thinking.. I got this.. Itll be worth it. The next few hrs im feeling worthless.. Defeated.. Unhappy with the way im swelling.. Yesterday when I looked at it.. The swelling was improving.. It was still bad but improved. Then today it looks sooo awful! I took a shower.. It was sooo damn hard getting the binder back on.. My daughter was helping me.. It wasnt working.. I felt like just giving up.. So I cried. So freaking swollen.. I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel. My thighs r bigger than they have ever been. Cant even try on panties cuz the drains r right there in the way and so is the binder. I feel full of regret. If i knew my results were going to look good in the end.. All these struggles would be easier but I dont know if everything will be okay:( im not trying to scare anyone out of getting the surgery.. Everyone is different... But im venting for myself... Otherwise ill really go nuts. I couldnt even put the teds on by myself. My daughter had to do it. Im usually so in control with my house.. My looks... My children.. With everything. Now im just helpless.. I feel like a baluga whale. Mike is gone and so I dont have him. Im scared too. Like im going to be the one case that has tons of issues with recovery. The swelling is ridiculous. Im trying to find pics of other women that have been as swollen as me but im having zero luck. Sorry to be a downer.. I dont want to be.. Im usually very optimistic. :(

Even with the binder on you look great! I can see the difference!
Awe jeez thank you:):)
Just read your update , I believe the depression kicks in around 1week post op . I struggle with the same thing . Just think your kids may have to wipe your ass when you get old! They might as well train now! Lol! (Hope that made you lol & I didn't offend you) but my daughter is 9 and she's basically my personal assistant / maid/ nurse lol. They love helping us moms and we gotta accept the help. (Even if they mess up) At least they love you enough to assist ! #Prayingforyou! God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

One week

Im hanging in there.. I really don't have a choice tho lol ! A friend of mine is stopping by after work to help me put on my binder after my shower. Gosh I cant wait... My binder is way too loose. Im hoping in the next few days I can start wiping my ass by myself. I ordered a cpl of pjs from victoria secret today.. Next day delivery. I have a few things that are easy to wear right now.. But I figure buying a cpl of new things would lift my spirits and help with making recovery easier.... Ill post pics of the pjs. I cant wait to get them:)

Hang in there it gets better I promise!
Thank u! Im hanging in there.. Looking forward to my follow up monday...
Oh and... I love your house by the way.. Well what I can see of it in the pics! Lol

Feeling better.. Just a lil worried.

So overall I'm feeling better. Its easier to get off and on the chair and toilet. Its easier to walk around... Im standing straighter.. Back is not hurting as bad. Today I was swollen but not as bad as yesterday. The problem is.. Im waaay more swollen on the left side. Its very very noticeable. Its even noticeable thru the binder. Well last monday ps kinda mentioned i might need drains in longer than expected.. But then he ended up changing the next follow up date to 2 days sooner. I have a feeling he's thinking that he might have to remove the fluid. He didn't say that but I'm sure its because he doesn't want to jump to conclusions or scare me and he's prolly hoping when I go in on monday that both sides are the same. Pretty sure thats not going to be the case though. Its been 5 days since i seen him and its still more swollen than the other side. Praying that the worse case scenario is that he removes the fluid and the problem is easily fixed! Other than that my spirits are up. Im just praying and hoping that the end result will make me happy... Thats all.

The PJ's look comfy. And glad your feeling better. From reading many reviews it seems not uncommon for sweeping to be uneven, mad sure though your PS will take care of anything that needs to be done. Trust him. And remember it's only been 8 days, each day will be better than the day before. We are here for you.
Thank you! Its nice hearing that and having the support:):)

10 days post

Everyday things are getting a little better. But i defintely was putting the fantasy of having a normal stomach before the reality of how hard recovery would really be.. With 3 kids all alone 24/7. Mike told me in the very begining to wait til winter.. When hes working close to home so he could help more. Well stubborn me.. Didnt want to wait and i told myself and him and everyone around me that I could handle it. I just wanted it done sooo bad. Honestly tho.. I prolly should have waited. There was a few days that I really just wanted to fall to the floor and give up. The hardest days are behind me...which makes me soooo happy... But those days drrrraaaaaagged by. Im so curious as to whats going to happen at my appt tomorrow. Im thinking one drain will be removed.. Well see. Im mostly looking forward to 5 weeks from now. Im also looking forward to sleeping in my bed. Ill post tomorrow after my appt. bye for now...

11 days post

I feel 75% better than I did 6 days ago. I even dusted a little bit.. Folded some clothes without my back making me want to cry. Every day gets a little better. Still more swollen on one side but it has gone down and the drain is still collecting fluids. My second follow up was today; I have to keep the drains in for another week and a half. My surgeon said.. Just let mother nature do her job... He did so much lipo on me so its going to take longer for me to heal. So I'm hoping, praying and wishing that everything works out! Im looking forward to a few weeks from now.. I want to lighten my hair and eventually start tanning again. So ya.. The drains suck so bad.. I hate when my clothes rub on it .. That really hurts. Cant wait til this is all said and done for good!!!

12 days post

So the swelling is going down! Yes! I still have some more fluid to drain... But the really swollen side has gone done and looks better everyday. Heres some pics.

Looking good! Glad the swelling is going down.

2 weeks post

I drove today.. It was kinda uncomfortable getting into the driver seat... And my really swollen side has been aching all morning.. Even before I went anywhere. So hoping its normal.. I know its a hematoma and I've heard those do hurt.. But it never felt like this before. I don't know. I really miss mike.. Its sooo hard doing all of this by myself.. Im managing but I still have breakdowns. Im not able to try on any pants but pajama pants cuz of the drains.. I have no clue how other women do it. Ive tried and the drains r too much in the way and I don't want to pull or yank on them. I have a feeling that I will not be getting my drains out for another 13 days... Which is a bummer... I just need these next 3 weeks to fly by!!! Im moving around my house alright..I'm still hunched a little bit cuz it still feels like if I stand straight up I'm going to tear or something...but overall im hanging in there!

did they have to drain your hematoma? I'm still hunched over at 4 weeks. It is a weird burning sensation when I try to straighten up, or like stretching a rubber band.
No he didn't drain it... I still have both drains in... And the hematoma side is draining brown old looking blood.. I read that some hematomas go away on their own after a few weeks.. So I'm pretty sure my dr is thinking thats my case. The swelling in that side has been going down too. But at first it was extremely scary looking ... Left side of my tummy was freaking huge.. I looked deformed! But now its starting to even out. So im prolly going to be stuck with these drains a while more... Have you talked to your ps about standing straight??
That sounds like a long time to keep the drains in, hope you get them out sooner. Everyday will get better, and just imagine what Mike will think when he sees you next. What a brave lady you are.

Help ladies!

Sooo... A few days ago I noticed a spot that looked irritated and was bleeding a little bit. But the scab was still there... Well a few days later.. (Today) that same spot is pretty gross looking and the scab is gone. I called my ps and told him and he said he thinks its from my binder rubbing on it... And increased activity. Well i have been way more active the last cpl days and I could see how my binder could have caused it too... His advice is to sit around and not do anything the next cpl of days and ill see him in 5 days. He says its normal. Anyone else have this problem?? And did it heal on its own?? Thank u!!!

Pics

O one more thing how did.it feel after they woke.you up
Thank u and good luck with everything!!! I felt out of it when I woke up.. And my tummy felt very tight.. My ride home was an hr long.. And by the time I got home i really needed a pain pill.
O OKAY Thank You

Fingers crossed!

So i took a shower today and had a look at the wound. It looks like its closing back up. I have someone helping me take care of my son for the weekend so I can just sit on my ass and heal!

Looks better. Glad you are going to be able to rest for a bit. Sometimes we just need those few days of doing nothing!
big improvement, if its your binder cutting into you maybe you can try sticking maxi pads under it? that's what I did, I wear a tank top and put the binder over that if it feels like it is irritating my incision I throw a couple of maxi pads under the edge of the binder.
It looks so much better for sure! Yeaaaah!

So fed up!!!

So I looked at my wound this morning and that same spot looks like crap again and stinks like hell!! So im in the er in my hometown waiting to see a dr. I should have been told by my ps to come in to see him but no.. I was told to sit on my ass all weekend which hasn't helped shit! I had to pay a babysitter 200 to help take care of my son for two days... And she hasnt been much of a help either. I cried to mike today and told him im hitting rock bottom and to please come home for a few days. So hes waiting for a call back from his boss. The er prescribed me antibiotics. The dr told me besides that outer skin infection everything looks fine.. So ill be following up with my ps wednesday. This journey is sooo crappy...ugh!!!!!! Wish i could fast forward time...

aww man that sucks, and it was looking a little better in the pics you posted. I had an open spot and every morning I would put bacitracin on it, I swear that stuff works like liquid gold. Get yourself some of that to keep on hand just in just I also would spray it would peroxide first then apply the bacitracin. Hopefully you wont have anymore issues, but it is always good to have something like that on hand just in case.. I hope Mike can come home for a few days to help you
Thank you:) mike did come home... 7 hr drive.. He got here at 6:30!!! Oh im sooo relieved! He will be here for a few days.. But i already feel better and him being here will rejuvenate me:):) plus our son is soooo happy too! Hopefully things get better from here on out!!! Praying!
Am sure you feel comforted with Mike at home with you, what a good guy to come take care of his sweetie!

Nervous...

Im always getting nervous right before Im about to take off my binder and dressings... Im nervous to see what everything looks like.... .. Anyone else feel like this?

Hope you feel better now
I'm so glad your husband is home! Is the antibiotics helping? Do you only have dressing on the opened spot? How's the rest of your incision looking? Have you got a spitting stitch yet?? Lol sorry for all the questions!
Lol yeah hes home.. But only til wednesday ... Better than nothing tho! No stitches spitting... Im on oral anitbiotics and i really cant say if they're working til tomorrow.. Dont wanna jinx anything.. Belly button is leaking tho.. Ick! Im wearing two dressings for comfort.. And yes on incision. The rest is looking fine i guess.. But i still have in stitches on the ends.. Looks kinda weird..i just want these drains out!!! But the one side is still bigger than the other and draining old blood...

Annoying drains...

So my body is telling me that I can do most things.. But these drains wont allow me to! And as low as I have to wear my binder.. It makes everything uncomfortable. I stand up.. I sit down.. The binder presses on the drain openings and hurts... I cant wear anything but baggy pants and baggy shirts... My appt is tomorrow and i know he's not going to take the drains out.. Itll be 3 weeks! I know i complain a lot.. But hell.. Who wouldn't in this situation. We went out for lunch yesterday.. I was hunched over and had a big awkward bulge in my shirt... Defintely not feeling or looking my age.. (29). Then i used the restaurant bathroom and accidentally caught my hand o a drain.. Felt like I was about to rip my vagina off! Ive been really loving and making the best outta this time mike is home... And i pray so bad that when he comes home at the end of the month that I'm actually able to enjoy myself and dress up... By that time i will be 6 weeks post op...

Yesterday pic

This pic is backwards but you can see how my left side is still big.. Cuz its still draining old blood! It was waaaay bigger b4. Im happy that its going down but not fast enough! I dont even give a shit how my belly button looks.. I dont plan on ever wearing a bikini lol i did find the cutest one piece at victoria secret tho.. So a bathing suit isnt outta the question. I have such a small torso that it looks like my belly button is so close to my crotch.. I dont even know what normal looks like.. Since ive always had a tummy on me and was dealing with a big saggy stomach and crotch for the past 10 yrs! Lol

Hang in there! We are here for you! Vent all you want, you have been through a lot. It is good for me to hear all the ups and downs! thanks for keeping us posted.

21 days post op 3 weeks tomorrow

Had another follow up today. Ps said most lilely my drains will be removed next wednesday. Other than that he said everything looks wonderful. Soooo im praying the drains do come out next week. Thats all..

That is a long time to keep drains in, am sure you are tired of them by now. They must be doing the job they were intended to do though! Thanks for the update! Keep on healing!
Yeah youre sure right! It has been very long... I must say.. After the tightness goes away the drains are the worse. Annoying and painful. But i know they're serving a purpose so i just have to suck it up and bitch about it on here lol ..... Thank you tho!!! Your time will be here soon!!!! :D
Glad you had a good follow up.

Wow!

So I was bored and decided to take binder off and try on some shirts... Im 3 weeks post op and still have fluids draining but im starting to get really anxious about my new body...:) I gave mike a lil show... He might have even popped a boner! Lol hahahaha jk

22 days of healing

So mike left early this morning.. I already miss him.. But hopefully the next time I see him.. Im able to have some fun! Im wondering when ill start sleeping in my bed.. Im scared to lay flat... My ps said Im able too.. But i guess im scared of ripping open. My belly button is leaking and its brown crap and it stinks.. Im on antibiotics too.. I have been since sunday. My ps told me to just use a little peroxide and stuff some gauze in it. So thats what im doing.. Trying not to worry about it. The split is finally closed again. I doubled up on my dressing for more cushion. My binder is dirty.. With sweat. I asked my ps if I should wash it and he said I wont be using it much longer and itll just fall apart if I wash it. I guess hearing him say I wont be needing it much longer made me happy! Soooo im
Wondering what kind of garmet i should buy.. Spanx whatever you call it.... Any suggestions? I want one that only covers tummy... As soon as these drains r out.. Im going to be sooo HAPPY!!!

Thanks for the update

25 days post op

So... My belly button has been leaking for weeks and I told my ps last wednesday. He told me to put gauze in it to soak up the drainage. I did as I was told. Yesterday my belly button looked like a black hole. I called ps and he told me to come in the follwing morning.. Which is today... He ended up taking the stiches out of my belly button and then stuck gauze into it about an inch it seemed.. He didnt give me any explanations and to what was going on. He told me to start sticking gauze way into it and changing it 3 times a day with neosporin. Then he took a stich out of my imcision... On the very end of my insicion and it hurt like hell!felt like he was cutting my skin... I said ouch... Trying to hold back tears.. He then says.. That didnt hurt you because your numb there. I look over at it and its dripping blood. Like what the fuck!? And dont tell me that im not feeling any pain... I know what pain is. This is my 4th abdominal surgery. Im
Just sooo sad with this experience... I feel violated and kept in the dark. I feel like im being treated like shit. Also.. As he was sticking the gauze into my belly button.. It kinda grossed me out... So I was wiggling my toes and I said holy crap... He told me not to swear.. He dont like those words. I said crap first of all.. And am i really suppose to care what "he likes" .. He got paid and im the one dealing with this bullshit. If saying holy crap helps me get thru it.. Then that should be fine :(. He then tells me itll take atleast a month for my belly button to heal... still have drains in... My next appt is in 9 days. I just want all of this over with. My body and mind tells me im close to normal again... I can do all my household chores.. Except vacuum cuz its a heavy vacuum... But everytime I feel Im moving forward I end up taking 3 steps back. I know some women have really easy recoveries... But I think more women have complications but dont talk about it... I was never told by my ps that any of this could happen.. And even as its happening... Im still left in the dark as to whats happening. Im starting to get use to being miserable.

Wow, had no idea drains could be in that long! I feel bad for you dealing with all of this. I am glad that at least you are feeling like you are getting back into your everyday life again. Hugs...gentle ones.
Thanks:)
So sorry to hear about all the troubles. Sounds like your PS is an arrogant ^**. Hoping in time all will improve, and you will be normal, and pain free, and look fab!

Feelings of regret

Im one of those ppl that always says life is short... And now i feel like im wasting away as life is going by. I look like im hiding something under my shirt whenever I go somewhere because of the drains... Im still not walking straight. I feel 80 yrs old. The part that was splitting open somewhat closed up and is now splitting open again. I CANT just lay here and take it easy. I have a 2 yr old to take care of. I had plans to go to state fair in 2 1/2 weeks... And a babystitter for a night.. Because mike will be home for labor day... Im starting to lose hope that ill be better by then. Im still wearing dressings under my binder. Is that normal? I dont even know... But either way i have to wear it.. Cuz of my leaking bb and my nasty split. I feel so nieve that I thought things would go a lot smoother. I really thought after two weeks the drains would be out... I really thought that my bb would be okay.. I really thought that this surgery was right for me. Going on 4 weeks and im still a mess. 4 weeks is a VERY LONG time when you cant do much of anything at all. Life is just passing me by....

Hang on girlie.  I know you are frustrated and sad right now but it will get better.  This is a long recovery and everyone heals at their own pace.  For some reason your body is kicking you right now.  Stress won't help either:(

Are you getting enough rest and eating enough protein?  These things both help in the healing process.   I know it's hard when you have small children.  That adds another obstacle to recovery.

Good idea to see your Primary Physician.....worth it for sure, even if he/she says everything is good, it will ease your mind...and that in itself is worth a million bucks. And if there is some complication that can be fixed......that is also worth all the money in the world. Sounds like you get to be pro active in your own recovery. Sorry it has taken so long, but know we are hear cheering you on through all of this. Great big hugs!
I made an appt for tomorrow... Im hoping something good happens!

31 days post op

So I must say that even though I've been dealing with a lot of hurdles that I am sooo very thankful that the worse part is over. The first 2 weeks were so hard. Pain was way worse than a csection. Depression has been on and off. Now after having a tummy tuck, I think to myself that its definitely not a quick fix and not something to take lightly. Its very invasive. You pretty much lose control of everything for what it feels like an eternity. Like I said tho... The worse is behind me! Im walking around like nothing... I get up without any pain or discomfort. Sometimes the drains hurt but the drains are hell all together anyways. Ive adapted to living with them but that does not mean I don't mind them. Hopefully the drains are removed this coming week. Then ill FINALLY be able to wear something other than pjs. I mean even yoga pants would be awesome! These drains do not go well with tight fitting bottoms. Its crazy cuz before surgery I read ppls reviews so casually...but now after going thru it myself... I had no idea what I was in for. So where my inscion keeps splitting open... It looks so gross today. Its like a hole. Im guessing since its now healing from the inside out that the scab fell off and thats why it looks ferocious. I don't even know anymore. Im not too worried.. I guess. I see ps on wednesday. He's prolly going to tell me to stick gauze in it. Other than my hematoma.. My dead belly button... My drains.. My open wound.... Everything is looking okay lol .... Im just hoping that nothing else goes wrong. I need to be ready for some sex in two weeks. I've been wanting it... So fingers crossed!

Hang in there.....
Hey Sarah Hope today is a better day. I know it's been a struggle. Your very strong even if you don't see it.. We all do! I'm heading is coming along good but still swollen. My Dr told me to wear my garment 4 more weeks. In back at gym and that is really helping with the soreness that I was feeling. At first it was tough but it's much better now after about a week. So the journey continues... Keep your chin up
Hi Sarah, what did your PCP say when you saw her? And keep us posted on the BB, and the openings. Hope your PS addresses all these issues. It is time for your healing time, with no more complications. Hugs!

Yesterday was a GOOD day:)

Sooo... I seen a new surgeon yesterday and he was everything a ps should me. He listened to my whole story and never cut me off once! He listened to all of my concerns and agreed with me even. He cut all the dead skin off of my wound seperation. He removed one drain and put me on antibiotics.. Told to me to keep track these next 3 days how much is in the one drain. Hes hoping to remove it Thursday. As he was working on my body he explained everything he was doing. I never felt worried or in the dark. He is confident but not at all arrogant! I wish I would have not settled with the first surgeon I found in the first place. I believe that no matter what complications you may or may not have with your tt.. That have a professional, caring surgeon helps 100%! Whether you have to pay a cpl grand more... It makes all the difference.. Emotionally and physically. I mean the man made me feel so good ... I thought to my myself .. This journey could have been like this the whole time. Hmmm maybe a should get a breast lift lol. To top it allll off.. He even gave me a hug at the end! Simply amazing! A complete turn around from what I have been dealing with! :):)

Howard you doing these days with the new PS? Hope things are improving, and your healing at a faster pace now. Hugs
Just read your whole story....and am SOOOO feeling for you! Even tho you were suffering, your sense of humor came shining thru!! (Loved the "he may have popped a boner!" made me lol) Please update soon! I hope the new PS is giving you the help and support you need! Big HUGS!
Thank you for being so honest, its good to know the realities going into it. You have also kept me motivated to meet with more surgeons before I decide!

:):)

Well I havr both drains out! Last thursdAy the other one was taken out and wow do I feel 100% better. I still have a hematoma and my new ps is keeping an eye on it... We might have to aspirate it. I see him tomorrow. Ive been doing a lot lately and im freling super swollen from it but it beats the hell out of having a jerk dr and two drains in!!! I bought a compression waist clincher from leonisa and it was 40. I tried it on today and its perfect... My belly button is healing good, my wound seperation is still healing but making progress!

I've been following your story and I hope you update soon! :) curious how that flat tummy is doing now!
Looking good, and love the CG....it looks comfy, let us know how it works for you
;):)

Hello!!

Well hello there, its been a while! Im doing great! So much better. A complete turn around. Im super happy! Loving my new body.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon