Laser Lipo of Lower Abdominal and 'Love' Handles - Edina, MN

I am a 5' 2" , 42-yr-old female who has always...

I am a 5' 2" , 42-yr-old female who has always been in good to average shape (my average weight is about 125 pounds). I workout regularly and investigated traditional lipo, coolsculpting, and other less invasive options to reduce belly fat. I decided to move forward with LaserLipo, because it appears to offer the greatest likelihood of success w/ the least likelihood of complications and down-time.

I had the procedure done at the clinic. The entire procedure took about 2 hours (not including prep time). The doctor performed the following procedures on my lower abdominal, my right 'flank' and my left 'flank'.
1. Insertion of a tube (felt like it was 'snaking' under my skin) to inject anesthesia
2. Insertion of a tube to suck the fat out
3. Insertion of the laser to further break up fat.

There were occasional moments of discomfort, but It was definitely bearable. I did get emotional toward the end, but I suspect that was more of a reaction to all the drugs coursing through my body and general body 'trauma'. Overall, the procedure and experience was extremely tolerable for me.

I am on my first day of recovery and have found that warm baths help tremendously! I did 'drain' after a bath last night.. my bathroom looked like a murder scene. :) However, that was mostly the fluids that were injected, draining out. I did not have any bleeding or draining after a bath this morning.

I am now almost 24 hours post-op and can tolerate the discomfort with a normal dose of Excedrin. I am very slow moving around and 'stiff', but not in pain. I am glad I took the day off of work, but I do anticipate I will be able to go into the office tomorrow. So, that means I only missed two days of work (one day for the procedure and then one day of recovery)

The only unexpected result I'm having is that I cannot keep down any food. I am someone who NEVER vomits (I think maybe the last time was when I was 8 years old), so that is definitely unexpected for me. However, I think my body is still recovering from the trauma and also the pain meds that I took last night.

Pre-op back

No more vomiting

I figured out that the cause of my vomiting was the pain-killers my doctor prescribed. I've been able to keep food down today. I was sore and moving slowly this morning, but was able to take my dog on a 2 mile walk this afternoon and can bend over with minimal effort. I'll post more pictures over the weekend.

72 hours post-op

Here are some pics I took 72 hours from the time my procedure completed. The lines you see are from an ace bandage I wrapped under the compression garment. It seems to help with soreness and itching.

Quite a bit of bruising on my back... I am guessing that is because most of the blood pooled there while I slept. I am now at almost 96 hours (4 days) post-op and was able to take a shower and can move in pretty much any direction without any sudden pain (although I am definitely still 'tender').

I am seeing some swelling more on one side than the other, but I think this is just part of the recovery and not a result of fat migration.. :)
Mark Hagberg, MD Skin Rejuvination Clinic

Extremely satisfied! Great doctor and assistant (Jen). They are very accommodating, relaxed, and have this process down to a science (as, I guess, it should be). I highly recommend them!

hows everything?
Looks great!! I had mine 7 months ago and soooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased!!! You will love it! :)
Looking great ! Nice healing :) I was a lot more bruised on my belly - you don't have that much bruising compare to me - as I enter my 4th week I am still getting that imprint of anything that is on my belly for more than a half hour ! Even my panty elastic waste band . It's so odd . Like an alien clay formation lol I even turn my compression garment inside out cauae the seams inside leave an imprint . I went to my show last night ( I am a prof singer) and was in my gown - a few of the band members said "wow !! Do lose a lot of weight !!" ??? I actually didn't ,..... just my flabby bulge . I felt so good on stage :)
You look FAAB !!! I am in week 3 - feeling lumpy but it doesn't look lumpy - they say it will go away - you may go through an itching stage - if so DON'T SCRATCH ! I was told that you can damage your nerve endings - Gold Bond powder worked very well for me :) good healing !
Thanks... good to know about the impending itching.. :( I don't feel lumpy, but I do feel very tender. Great screen name (I used to have a pug.. adorable dogs)