Extended Tummy Tuck with Liposuction (No MR) and Liposuction of Upper Inner Thighs - Edina, MN

I am a 22 year old mother of two and after much...

I am a 22 year old mother of two and after much thought and consideration finally had an extended TT with liposuction as well as liposuction of the upper inner thighs. I am about 5'2 and my weight escalated to about 191 after my second pregnancy. More than the weight itself, what bothered me was the huge 3 lumps that were portruding from my abdomen. I did a lot of research and consulted with 3 different surgeons before choosing Dr. Smith. I was a little skeptical at first, as he is down to earth and doesn't sugar coat anything, and that may seem like a bad thing, but I later learned to really value his honesty. I went in for the procedure at 6:15am on Thursday, met with his team which were all very nice, and that helped put me at ease. I was in the OR by 7:30am and in the recovery room by around 10:00am. They were careful to give me nausea medicine before, during, and after the procedure so I felt actually pretty good waking up! Yes it hurts, but it was not as bad as I had anticipated. I only had a single day of Vicodin, and have been taking ibuprofen as needed since the second day. I am now 5 days post-op and I'm feeling really good. The only thing that bothered me is a horrible headache that kept coming back but after that all has been great. My scar looks great and runs very low, and although my healing is far from being over I can already tell a HUGE difference! They removed 10 pounds from my abdomen and even though I'm still swollen, my tummy is completely flat. I will update you guys with pics as I heal. Feel free to ask anything, as there's little to no information about TT's in MN, or at least I felt like there wasn't enough "loca" info. TTYL!

Pics!

Before and after, so far very HAPPY!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Very honest, open, and down to earth. I loved how realistic and transparent he was.

I know its been a while but do you have more post op pics you could post?? Im seeing david smith july 2014 for a tt. Im excited and nervous!
Tell me more!!! I want to know everything about the work - how's the scar? Is it really crooked? Some of the ones I saw on his website looked crooked... Let me know please! I appreciate it!
Tell me any and everything you can please!! I'm getting ready to commit to Dr. Smith and I just want some really good reviews/info on him and his work!! Thanks!!
Just wondering what your experience was with Dr. Smith? I am debating cancelling with him as he seems to be so rude and have zero bedside manner.
I didn't go with him as I felt the same way you do! I kept looking and decided I'd pay $2000 more to be more comfortable about my surgeon.
I pretty much have made up my mind he isn't warm and fuzzy and wasn't exactly honest about his price. Added 1500 for lipo to my flanks which that is included in all the other PS I have seen in the past for this. Who did yours?
And I am also not real comfortable being cut apart in an office that looks like it was planted there and from 1970 ugh
Great that made me feel a lot better I can't wait to see your pics. I know how life changing this is going to be like my doctor said its not about weight but inches I never expected to be a size 2 ill be happy if I'm a size 9 it's assuring to hear how you feel about your results
That's exactly how I feel! I have boobs, and a butt so I have no interest in being a size 2 ever, all I wanted was to lose the pudge and I'm loving it so far! I love being curvy and it looks 10 times better not looking pregnant LOL! Let me know how it goes!
Yay! How exciting! I wish you the best, make sure you follow all your doctor's instructions and you will have amazing results. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you! :D
I'm getting a tummy tuck in a few weeks and I am also on the heavy side (5'5 215lbs) are you happy with your results? Everyone keeps telling me lose weight first my doctor is telling me I am an excellent canidate but I keep going back and forth if I should lose more weight but I just can't bare my stomach anymore it's so huge I look pregnant
Even though I'm still bruised and swollen, I'm VERY happy with the results so far! I myself decided not to wait anymore and just get it done. The difference is so huge I can't believe it. Of course you have to have a weight-loss plan afterwards because you don't want t go through all this pain and gain weight elsewhere, so you need to commit to a lifestyle change. The good part is the fat doesn't come back, so if you lose weight afterwards, your looks will only improve! I think this is an excellent incentive to lose weight and being healthier. I will post full body pics next Wednesday after I get my drains removed. Where are you having your TT done?
Wow you look great, I am also in MN and is so happy to see someone from here that I can ask questions. I am in the process of thrying to lose weight before surgery but either was I will have an extended TT. What did you do for pre- TT? any information you can share I would love it!
I lost about 8 pounds before the surgery, and I have no idea how it happened LOL. My doctor advised me not to go on a diet before surgery as you lose essential fluid and nutrients that you will later need in order to recover. However if your surgery is a couple months away, I would definitely start eating healthier and excercising, and stop maybe 2 weeks before the surgery just to make sure your body is not dehydrated or starved the day of the surgery. When is your surgery scheduled for and where are you having it done?
Congrats!! You're looking great!!
Thank you, I'm very happy so far!
wow, you look amazing, the after pic look realllllllllllllyyyyyyyy FLAT, enjoy and happy healing sis, can't wait to be my turn :-)
Thank you! And yes, it feels weird to feel my abs again and I feel so "tight" that I still can't stand up straight, but I'm loving it! When are you having your procedure done?
next monday @11:30, 5 more days :-)
How did it go? How is it going?