Disappointed After 18 Months After Facelift Procedures - Edina, MN

I am a 61 female. I was hoping that a full...

I am a 61 female. I was hoping that a full facelift including chin implant, cheeks done, eye's done along with all the pain and expense I went through; I would of thought I wouldn't have sagging skin already on my face. Yes, I still look better than I did before these procedures but sagging skin isn't what I would of expected after only 18 months. I wanted to do the full facelift because I didn't want to continue with Botox and Injections any more but I guess that is not the case. I would go back to the Dr., but I don't want to go though more procedures or injectables and I promised my husband that I wouldn't do any more plastic surgery. He was very worried during the all day surgery and then taking care of me after the surgery.
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi jillanne, I can relate to where you are at. I had full face and necklift done 12 months ago and had sagging issues. The disappointment was immense. I have just had a revision of the face and necklift and only 3 days post. My surgeon was astonished that I had sagged so much and waived his fee though I did have to pay for everything else so all in all it's been a much more expensive procedure than I ever anticipated. Several times I almost backed out, right up until I was going under lol as the memory of healing was just so daunting. I can say at this early stage that it is not as bad as the initial op but it's no picnic either. My husband also did not want me to do this again but supported my decision. I am praying it was the right decision. You need to ask yourself if you can live with what you have or if it's going to get in the way of enjoying life. Goodluck with your decision and please feel free to message me. Stay well:)
You should not have any sagging skin this soon. That's unbelievable! I would say that it may tighten up some but if it's been 18 months then it surely won't tighten up any more. Maybe you could have the Dr do a revision, it shouldn't be as invasive as the first surgery. Good luck to you.. Thanks for sharing.