Bad Experience with Restylane Under my Eyes - Edina, MN

I had restylane a year and a half ago and loved it...

I had restylane a year and a half ago and loved it. I went back 2 1/2 months ago and now I look deformed. I left the Dr. office and got a HUGE bruise that caused my left eye to swell completely shut. I could not leave my house for TWO WEEKS. The Dr treated it (now 5 times) with lasers and skin tyte. Now I have big blue lumps left under both of my eyes and it caused big bags under my eyes. I look just awful! I would be aware that if you do this you may get a good result or it may turn out just really, really bad. I am going back again today to tell the Dr to dissolve it, I hope she can without major bruising. Take your chances. My Dr is a really good Dr. and is a board certified Dr with many accrediations. I would never do this again!

I simply could not go back due to my horrible experience.

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the Restylane community. I'm so sorry all that you have gone through. Did you go have it dissolved? You had mentioned it you were going to do it the day after this review. Which I believe was yesterday. I hope it went well. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for your review,

-Britt

I had it dissolved. My right eye looks pretty much like it did before I ever did anything. My other eye is still black and blue and swollen a bit underneath. It has now been almost 3MONTHS of having a black eye! I can cover it with makeup and I look OK unless I squint or smile, but this has been an awful experience. Just really, really, bad. So I spent all that money and all that time, all that recovery (still ongoing) and I look like crap. I would NEVER try this again!

Hi Sara,

I'm glad the dissolving procedure worked and that your eye is pretty much back to normal. Did they mention if they could do anything about your other eye being black and blue? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,