No More Pain! Should Have Done This Sooner - Eau Claire, WI

Before the reduction my neck, back and shoulders...

Before the reduction my neck, back and shoulders constantly hurt. My arms and hands would also go numb. Over 500cc's were removed from each side. Since the BR I no longer have the pain or numbness! Added benefits are buying clothes that fit, more confidence, not self-conscious anymore!
Should have had this done sooner.

Good going !

Welcome Smaller Mom! I had never realized that my hands going numb were from my breasts until after I had the surgery and that wasn't an issue anymore. Another added benefit! What size were you prior to surgery and where are you now? How long ago did you have your surgery?
I had my reduction done on June 5, 2012. Just a month beyond day of surgery. My dr. said I was a 36DD, but those bras were too small. I was measured at a 36DDD/DDDD. I think I was on the larger side. I am now a small 36C : ) So happy. I was that size before my 2 girls. I also got larger after my hysterectomy and removal of both overies due to severe endometiosis. I have a very physical job working for UPS which I think also contributed to my problems. Even though I work part-time there I am so grateful for the great insurance which paid for almost all of the surgery! It took a little longer for them to pay the PS because he didn't take the 550-800cc that they approved. He did remove 500 and 515cc from my breasts!!!! I feel so much lighter and I'm excited about buying clothes that fit my body and not my boobs. I am also in the process of loosing more weight. Before I got approval I weighed 195lbs, now I am down to 175 lbs! I am trying to lose another 15 lbs to be around a good weight for my 5'5" muscular frame. The muscle comes from lifting boxes everyday. I also am working on getting my associates degree to be a paralegal. This fall I am going to do my externship and graduate in December! I wanted to have the BR before then so that potential employers would see me and not my boobs. Already I feel more confident and am willing to wear clothes which are stylish and current.
A few more facts about my is that I am 41yrs old, and have two teenage daughters. I live on a farm with my husband and girls, so we are very active in our lives at home also.

Wow!! I am now 4 months postop. I am feeling...

Wow!! I am now 4 months postop. I am feeling great and everything is healing wonderfully. There are some spots where you can't even tell an incision was made. : ) I have sensation in one nipple but not so much in the other. This is a small sacrifice to make for how much better I look and feel. One of my brother-in-law tried to tell me that breast tissue doesn't keep growing (he thinks he knows everything) and that what I had done wasn't necessary. Like I asked his opinion!?! Wish people like him would just shut up and mind their own business. My husband was fine with me doing the br because he knew how I felt and the problems I was having medically. Since the surgury all of my neck, back and hand problems have gone away! I am still in the process of adjusting how I dress, now I am able to wear clothes that are more stylish and fit my age rather than granny looking clothes. I still need to have a proper bra fitting done, but I have been enjoying wearing sports bras (1st time), wireless, or no bra at all (never done that before). People who know I had a br can tell that I feel better about myself. This has been the best decision I have ever made for myself. I will be graduating in Dec. with an Associates degree in Paralegal studies. This semester I have been doing my internship and feel that the judges, clerk of court and attorneys are seeing me for my work and not my chest. When I enter a court room I feel confident and good about the work I have done and the contributions I have made to those who I am assisting. Still wish I would have done this years ago.

everything sounds like it went very smoothly and you are so happy,,congratulations!!
So glad that this surgery has had to amazing impact that it has...and that you didn't listen to a man who really doesn't know all that he thinks he does :-D
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rucker is an approved provider for Aetna Insurance, my general dr. recommended him and I had previous experience with him and his office.