Bye-Bye Saggy Patties! - Eastern, KY

I have always hated my saggy patties and at 35...

I have always hated my saggy patties and at 35 with one child, it is time!

I'm 5'1 135lbs. My ps and I agree that I am currently a sm/mid C. I definitely need a lift but I am torn on implants. PS noted that I have a lot of breast tissue. I would like to be a full firm C/small D. I am afraid that anything over 235cc is going to push me to a double D. PS also noted that I would need at least a 12cm base. So that puts me into the mentor moderates as opposed to the moderate +. Ugh, decisions decisions!

ps I am 5'3 128lbs and think I had way less breast tissue than you if that helps give you a visual with my before and afters since we are similar in stature. The photos you see of me post op is still very swollen keep in mind!
I think you are smart to decide on a size and let your surgeon decide on the cc's. I was already a d/dd but very empty. I explained to him that shape and placement were more important than size and that I would let him decide once he got in there whether we were going with the d or dd to get the results I wanted. I wanted beautiful breasts regardless of the number or letter size or cc that gave me that. I didn't know until after surgery, actually 3 days later, at my first post op what I actually got. It ended up being 350 and 375 I believe. I still in a sports bra so I don't know what size I will be but it looks like a very full D. Trust your surgeon and remember what you are starting with, its only up from here literally lol!!! You are going to be thrilled no matter what! Good luck , can't wait to see what you pick!
You look great after just 2 weeks! I have plenty of time, I just hope that I don't start OVER thinking things! Everyone looks so fab after their lift that really, i probably can't go wrong!

Well i officially scheduled my BL/BA today! The...

Well i officially scheduled my BL/BA today! The big day is June 6! I'm excited yet nervous. I have my pre-op appointment on 5/22. I think I'll feel better after that appointment bc that is when we will really discuss size. Right now I'm stuck on 255 cc, moderate profiles. I know that seems small but i really do have a lot of breast tissue. I could almost have a lift, reduction, AND implants.

So the count down is on! Thank you to all who have posted.

BTW, how do i get my post moved over to the Breast Lift board?
You have the same kind of boobies as me!!!! I'm going to get mine done too, just working on the where/who....I am a little larger tho, 34DD. I'm excited to see your results! I'm debating the implant...to get posts removed, email the moderator with the Contact Us button :)
One week tomorrow! My ps, friends, and the web convinced me that I wouldn't be as happy w/ out an implant so I'm going to it! I need about a 12-12.5 cm base so that appears to be around 255-275 ccs of the mentor moderates. The hope is that they fill me back out and give me the upper fullness that I currently lack. I know everyone says not to get hung up on the amount of ccs but I can't help myself! My PS will also be doing a full anchor lift. Hopefully, I will love them and post pics right away ;) Good luck to you!
I also went quite 'small' with 235 in one breast and 275 in the other. (I also needed a minimum of a 12cm BBW.) I was a little concerned that they would be on the small side or 'not be worth it'..... Now 2 weeks later i am grateful I left the decision to my PS. They are perfect. I cannot imagine having larger breasts, especially since I only want to do this once, and not have to re-size in my 50's with larger-make-me-look-fat-and-matronly boobs. You will be pleased.

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow, 8 am is "d" day! At least I'm guessing that I will come out as a size D. I'm trying so hard not to get hung up on the size. A pretty D or DD is better than the saggy c that I am now! I am getting a little nervous and hoping that I can sleep tonight. I have all of our laundry done and the house picked up and someone to come and give the house a clean while I'm having surgery. I think I am ready!
Good luck tomorrow!! Can't wait to see how they turn out. I had my consult yesterday - looking like I'm getting the 270 cc moderate profiles with my BL...so sounds like we're on the same page. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

1 day post op!

Well I'm post op 1 day. So far it isn't as bad as I thought it would be! I slept great last night in our leather recliner in our bedroom. I did wake up around 4 but only because i had to go to the bathroom. so i took a painpill and ate a few crackers. My sternum probably hurts the worse. It feels as though someone hit we with a 2x4!!! I also seem to get dizzy and nausea every 6 hrs or so. Zofran is helping with that. I got a peek at my post op check this morning and I love them! I do have a lot of bruising though. The nurse told me that she commented during that I would probably have a lot of bruising because I bled a lot.
So that's the only bummer.
Did a lot of you have bruising as well? My ps ended up using moderate profiles 255cc. Hopefully I'll get some pics off soon!
Congratulations! You will be feeling great in no time!

4 days post opt. New pics!

Feeling great! Except that I'm still getting dizzy and sick when i move around too much. Pain wise, I can't say that I have too many complaints. I'm sleeping well at night thanks to taking a pain pill and a valium. I am able to shower and wash my hair. My bruises are starting to fade to a green color. It seems as though one breast has settled more than the other. Or one is maybe bigger than the other!? But they were uneven naturally as well. So far I'm liking the results! They maybe could have gone a tad bigger. But I think that I would rather wish they were a tad bigger than feel as though they were too big. Here are some not so great pics that I have so far. I'll try to take better ones later.
Thanks girls! I was so nervous about even getting an implant at all that my doc definitely erred on the side of caution. So I appreciate that. The first first thing I said when I woke up was "please tell me that I don't look like Dolly Parton!" The entire staff got a laugh and assured me that all was good :)
what a difference! and i agree with the wishing they were a tad bigger part, usually if read it the other way around here but I think its more easier and comfortable to make boobs look bigger than to have them bigger and feel uncomfortable, right! good luck on recovery dizziness is due to pills so once your off you will feel better.
Looking good!!!!

Feeling great!

But I have to admit that I'm having that "wish I would have gone bigger" regret :( I hate that! I'm really pleased and they are lifted which was my number 1 goal. But as I stare at them I can't but wish that one size up would hand been perfect.

I still have a horrid bruise under my left one. I'll post some pics when I get to my PC.
You look great - have you seen your doctor post-op about that bruise? Just looks a bit like a hematoma which is easily dealt with but you may want to just double check. Hope you don't mind me suggesting that but I would just hate for it to get worse if indeed it is a hematoma! Might just be a bruise tho! All will heal!
That is EXACTLY what I think that it is as well! I took that pic on Monday when I really got freaked out about it and I went to the doc on Tuesday morning at 8:30 b/c i was so worried about it and begged them to let me come in. He said that he didn't seem worried about it at this point. I thought "seriously!!!??" They did excise more tissue from the left than from the right so maybe that has caused the difference? Or maybe I'm just overdoing it on that side? It doesn't hurt or really feel much different from the other side. I go next wednesday at 8am for another check up. I'm just hoping that I wake up tomorrow and it's gone! It has faded some but not nearly enough in my book! B/c trust me, it is making me lose a bit of sleep!
Well, I guess he's the expert and he's done a fantastic job so with that, all you can do is trust him. And, if it doesn't hurt...that sounds positive. I would just keep a close eye on it and if it starts to hurt more...(i.e. getting worse not better), then follow up with him again. I would be worried as well...glad you've had it checked :))

Back to work!

Today was my 1st day back to work in 11 days. Luckily I sit at a desk all day so it hasn't been too horrible. I type a lot so that started bothering me around lunch time! In other news, that small hematoma is disappearing! Yay! I go Wednesday morning for a check up but everything is looking good! Still wishing a tad bigger. Maybe in 5 yrs for my 40th bday ;)
You look great! As they drop and round out on the bottom they may appear slightly larger to you, you just might think they are perfect! Congrats!!

2 weeks post op!

I had my 2 week appointment this morning and ps said that everything looks and feels great! My incisions are looking great and the bruising has improved almost 100%! I'm itching to start running again and he said I should probably give it another week for that and to make sure that the girls were bound tight with very supportive sports bra and to start out slow. I got a new bathing suit over the weekend which was exciting! Especially bc I was able to buy the kind that ties around your neck and I didn't have to tie it so tight!! Amazing feeling!

Highs and Lows

This is definitely a poor me update so please feel free to ignore. But I'm really starting to think that I am mentally exhausting myself analyzing my boobs! Seesh, talk about a 1st world problems! It's like I'm having crazy hormone shifts! One minute I'm on cloud nine looking at them in the mirror and smiling from ear to ear! Then this evening I was at a friends house who had the same
procedure back in September. She went bigger. And she's is a bigger woman (probably 7 inches taller than me). And I just kept thinking mine look no different in my shirt and she's all "tada!! And out there with hers. A few friends have even made the "you don't look bigger" comments to me. Of course then I show them a bathing suit pic and they can toally see the difference. But mentally I think these comments in my whacked out mind are equating to "you spent a lot of money and have nothing to show for it." I'm usually a person who doesn't give 2 hoots what anyone thinks. Guess that's why these feelings are bothering me so much. Thanks for listening if you've made it this far :)
They look really good. I see a great improvement from your before. Once they settle in they're going to look even better. They look natural too. Me personally I wanted the same bra size. I just wanted my prepregnancy breast which to me looks better than bigger. My implants were only 250 cc. When I try again I may do 280-300 the most. You look great don't worry.
Thank you! And next time things are going to go awesome for you! :)
I think your boobs look GREAT and you have no need for that "wish i had gone bigger"-thing, just my opinion but I know it's easy to overanalyze...

Made it through the weekend!

Happy to report that I didn't have much pain at all over the weekend and I was fairly active! I noticed this morning that I woke up on my side. I got a little worried that I would be in a lot of pain bc of that but luckily it wasn't too bad. My 7 yr old wanted to go to the pool today so my husband and I took her up and I just sat on a chair. I thought I would be ripping my cover up off to show off the girls but found myself a little self conscious at first! But then went for it and felt great! They have settled since that first pic I took in the teal bathing suit. And here is a new side by side of old and new. :)
You look great and the size is perfect.
You look awesome. They are so perky now. I've gone through so many different emotions too. It just goes with the territory.
Thanks! I just looked at you pics (I always forget to check out the mm board! And you look fab! Totally rocking that black bikini!

Bras are driving me crazy!!

So how long did most of you wear your compression/sports bras? My doc seems more laid back than some and said that when I feel "comfortable" around the 3 week mark that I can move to something less constricted. That will be in 2 days, but that just seems so early! On the other hand, I feel like these things are smothering me! I'm wearing the full back type that clasps up the front. And they are thick like a sports bra. I feel like I need to let them breathe some!

I have a new pic too. I was just trying on some "decoration ;)" This is a 36 C from VS. But it's old so maybe I need to go get remeasured in a few weeks.
I bought quite a few pricey bras at 4 weeks out and they are all too big now at 4 months. My suggestion is buy one or two less expensive ones and wait until they settle in. My ps let me start wearing underwire at about 5 weeks because my incisions were pretty much fully healed and they felt so much better to have good support. I wore compression during the day and a soft sleep bra at night and he even said I could go without a bra if sitting around on the couch the first few weeks. I thought that was pretty laid back and never did because I was so scared of sagging again. I still sleep in a sports bra and really feel way more comfortable that way. You look fantastic and I hope you are enjoying the new look!
Thank you! The laying around bra-less scares me too! But ugh! I think it's mostly my nipples that would like the relief! 12 weeks out sounds like a good time to really start shopping for bras. Thanks for the tip!
I just saw my ps today and she said the same thing, as of next week I can switch bras. That will be 3 weeks for me. I just picked up a couple cute styled sports bras so that I have less constriction but still have the support. I will wear the compression bra if I feel like it is not enough during the day, but I will continue to wear it at night.

Still playing dress up!

I think my newest obsession is to tear through my closest looking for clothes to try on that I may have "before pictures of." I found an old dress in the back of my closet that I wore on a cruise almost 10 yrs ago so I thought I would give it a whirl! Looks so different! Now I'm firm and perky whereas in the old pic I'm more soft and mushy!! It's just hard for me to wrap my head around!

I have very little pain these days. But I do still have the tape on my vertical scars. It just seems to be stuck down hard and I don't want to pick at it!

Although looking down at by boobs, one (the left), seems to have somewhat of a cone shape to it. I'm hoping that rounds out as they drop. I think I'm the only one who notices it.
I obsessed Over what to wear my pedicure being done hair cut etc .. All for nothing . My PS suggested loose fitting comfy pants with a shirt that buttons up or zips and comfy slip on shoes . I ended up wearing my yoga capris and zip up hoodie. But the whole hair toe thing out the door . As soon as I got there I had to put on the ugly hospital gown and the booty socks and put my hair in one of those ugly blue things .. Lol .. Just go comfy .. But the zip up or button up top I think is a big deal so you can slip on Easily after surgery . Good luck !
Silly question but what did you wear to and from the surgery. Wondering if I should just wear some comfy pj's
Mine suggested to wear my button up pjs with pj pants! So I bought a cute pair and waltzed right in (it was early so no one even saw me). And when I woke up I had my pjs on and was ready to go home and rest! No changing necessary, right to my comfy recliner I went :)

Made it to week #4

7/4 marked four weeks for me. I can't believe the time has gone by so quickly! I can't say that I have many complaints. I tend to sleep on my back more than I did pre-surgery. Exercise seems to not be a problem either. But I still double up on the sports bras "just in case." You can hardly notice my vertical scars. But the anchor scars are a little more noticeable so I may start using some scar treatment. They also seem to be a little asymmetrical but I guess my boobs were asymmetrical pre surgery as well! I think I'm the only one who really notices. Size wise, they are still a 36 C. I've lost around 8 pounds since surgery so I think all of my natural breast tissue that I had has shrunk! Thank goodness I got an implant! I seriously toyed with the idea if just doing a lift. Had I done just the lift, I don't think I would have anything left.

Happy healing to everyone! And good luck to those getting ready to start on this journey!
Your doc did a nice job!! I'll have my BL/BA on July 16 but I'm so nervous..My PS said that I would need 450cc because I have a large breast (I am a saggy full 36D right now).. I wanted to have 300cc but he said that it would be 450cc for sure... But when I research on the web to see pics of women who have 450cc implants I think it's too big and I will not be happy with that... I'm gonna call my PS to meet him before surgery and discuss the size that I want...But I would want to look your size it's perfect!!
Thank you! Have you talked about the different profiles with your PS. I needed a wide base. So my ps used the mentor moderate profiles to get the wider base with less cc's maybe that would be an option for you? I maybe think jumping up to 275cc would have made me a tad happier. But who knows! I could be sitting here saying the opposite! Do you have some natural breast tissue already. I had quite a bit already. I was more dense and heavy as opposed to having a lot of loose skin.
Hi, me too I need a wide base, that's why he said 450cc moderate profile is the only option I have... And yed I have some natural breast tissue already, but a lot of loose skin also....But how come you needed a wider base but ended up with 255cc? My PS told me that the 300cc that I wanted have a smaller base than the 450cc and that would be too small to fit my breasts... I'm so confused!!!!!!!

6 Weeks Post Op

Had my 6 week appointment today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! I hardly have any pain anymore and I can sleep on my sides with no issues. My verticle scars are healing up great! My left breast still has a cone shape to it when I look down at it. You don't notice it looking directly at me so much. You notice looking down over my shoulder. I pointed this out to my PS today and he said that they should settle more. But on the other hand my breasts were somewhat tubular before and sometimes the cone shape stays. :( I'm hoping they fluff out bc although no one else would really notice it, I'm not a fan of the cone look a la MaDonna!

I still have issues in the bra department! I think it's a mental thing. I'm just afraid to let go of the sports bras. I really need to get a proper measurement and start looking for some real bras. I still think I am a 36C.

Good luck to all those out there getting ready for their own surgery! And if anyone is still on the fence, 6 weeks in I can definitely say that I would do it again in a heart beat! I catch myself going by mirrors quite often sans top to admire the new girls :)
You look fantastic, and I LOVE the blue swimsuit pic and the before/after cruise dress pic - what a difference, wow! I think your shape and size look perfect, by the way - I'm glad you didn't decide to go bigger as you look like yourself in those pics, only better :-) And getting back to running so soon - you give me hope, hope, hope! Thanks for the blog and the updates - you're a few weeks ahead of me and have been quite an inspiration! X
Thank you! I was actually just thinking about your posts. And I have no doubts that you are ultimately going to have an awesome result! You have such a bright attitude about everything! You are an inspiration as well!
What kind of workouts were you able to do after the four week mark? Were you able to do anything before week four?

9 Weeks Post Op

Wow! Does time fly or what! I don't really have much to update about. Everything seems to still be going well! My left breast is still the most bothersome of the two. It's "shape" seems to change throughout the day. Sometimes it has the "cone" look to it more than other times. I've yet to determine if it is bra that is the culprit or what. I also seem to be able to feel the implant sloshing around on the left. However, I hardly notice that on the right. Maybe it was because they were uneven before? But anyway, I'm still very happy with my results. The scars are healing beautiful and I don't think I will notice them much at all once they have all healed up. I accidentally left my scar tape on when I took updated pictures. The next time I'll be sure to take some pictures without it. I'm just using scar away from the drug store. Again, good luck to all of your getting ready to have this procedure!
Hi, thank you for your review! I am about the same stats as you, 5'3, 135 pounds, saggy C cup breasts with a good bit of breast tissue let... i've been debating on 250cc, 275cc, or 300cc. I was leaning towards 250cc because like yourself i do not want to be too big. But now i'm leaning towards 275 or 300 since you have the regret of not going bigger. My procedure is tomorrow and i'm so nervous!!! Ahh :-x
Deciding the cc is the hardest part! Really my ps didn't talk cc's a lot but more in terms of the size I wanted to be. He kind of had me scared thinking that every 200cc is a cup size. So I thought well then 300 would be too big! However, the lift really makes them appear smaller! 275 probably would have been perfect. Oh hindsight! On the bright side, I don't think that my perky full C's will be sagging any time soon! Good luck to you tomorrow!
Better to be a little smaller than too big in my opinion, so I think you look great. I am debating between the 275 and 300 but based on what I've been reading - I'm thinking the 275 will be the way to go. I tried them on at the office last time and they looked good, I know I tried on another size (maybe a 300) and felt it was way too big for me. I'm more concerned about the lift than the size. Good luck Wonderful_one, looking forward to seeing how you do!!

3 months post op

Hi ladies! I can't believe that it has been 3 months! Wow! I have zero pain these days. I have been noticing that my cars are still somewhat red, especially underneath, but I haven't been applying any scar treatment. Really the scars don't bother me. I still find myself looking at them daily and looking at my before pics and thinking "I can't believe they use to look like that!" Honestly, the smaller areoles make me almost has happy at the new shape!

I haven't done much in the bra shopping department. Mostly I just wear these thin little bras that came two in a pack from target! It's just so nice not to wear underwire after having to swear it for 20 + years! This by far has been something that has given me a new lease on life! I've really kicked up the exercising and eating healthy. I'm even signed up for a warrior dash! And I use to not even run to the mail box! Good luck to all of you out there getting ready to have this surgery! I would do it a million times over!
What an awesome result. The new girls look great.
You look AWESOME! Congrats on living healthier too.
Your 3 month pics look awesome. I go on Monday for my BA. Still going back and forth about my size. I was so sure I was set on 286 cc silicone but then today I had a change of heart. I called my PS and asked to move up to the next size. So now I have 325 high profile ordered. I hope I made the right decision and don't think they are to big. Reading your story has been helpful. Thank you!

5 Months Post Op

Well not much to report! Tomorrow marks 5 months since my surgery. I can't believe it! I had an appointment with my PS a few weeks ago. I again pointed out that my left boob sometimes has a cone shaped to it. He really didn't have much to say other than "sometimes that's just what you get!" Not really the answer I was wanting. But it also isn't something that bothers me to the point of wanting a revision. He also have me the pre-op pics that his office had taken. Wow is all I have to say! I can just look at those and all of my petty complaints melt away! I'll try to post those later. My scars are more red than I would like especially underneath. But I haven't been diligent on scar treatment. And other scars on my body have taken awhile to fade as well. They definitely seem to be a part of me now and I'm not always consciously aware of them. Every now and then I will pass by a mirror and thank, "dang it, just a tad bigger and they would be even more perfect!"

Here are some updated pics. They really don't seem much different than my last pics.

One more

You are looking fabulous :)
Girl you look great!! You're right, we do have similar breast (in ur before). Seeing ur results gives me hope!! I am on the fence about implants or reduction/lift so seeing what u chose and ur journey will help me a lot in my journey. I see a lot of women on here lose weight once they get their new boobs and I could totally see myself doing that too since (fingers crossed:) I'll be soooo happy with my perky boobs I'll want a perky body to go with it.... So losing breast tissue could be an issue if no implants placed. Again you look amaaaaaazing!!!!! Thank you so much for such a thorough review!!
Thanks so much for the update!  It is great to see 5 month postop results.  You look  fabulous...still very perky.  Do not see the cone shape.