A Time for a Change - East Rochester, NY

I am 41 years old with three kids, 22,18 and 11...

I am 41 years old with three kids, 22,18 and 11 and have been married for 21 years. I am bearly 5' tall and weighed my heaviest around a year ago, which was almost 120lbs. I realize that 120lbs doesn't sound much, but considering I was 90lbs when I got married, 30lbs was alot of extra weight for my frame.

So I decided that it was time to do something about it and started exercising aggressively and watching my food intake. After 6 months I was done to 110lbs, which I was very happy with. My breast size went from a 34DD to just a 34D and my stomach was even more flabbier with the extra skin. Always thinking that I would want a breast lift, now was the time to look into it. So with the support of my wonderful husband we booked a consultation to discuss this procedure. While we were there, I asked about the extra skin on my stomach and he mentioned the tummy tuck procedure. I left that appointment eager to get both procedures done, however I was extremely worried about what others would think of my vain decision. It wasn't until I lost a friend of mine to cancer that life reminded me that I need to do what makes me happy and stop worrying about what others would think. I had support from my husband and children and that was all I needed to finally schedule the surgery.

My surgery was performed on February 14th and so I just reached my 6 week mark. Although the recovery time was a lot longer than I anticipated, I have been very pleased with the results.

Im 8 days post op ( keep counting wrong, must be the epidural-LOL). Im 40, single mom with three kids. I had my Breast Augmentation done few years back and im very happy witht he result. I dont remember being in pain as much as I have been for the last few days. Honestly, sometimes i feel like i just want to cry but i know that this is something i chose to do and the pain will soon go away. I still cant stand straight, im walking like an old lady, i;ve got severe lower back pain and Im exhausted all the time. Thanks to all women who has shared their experiences whether up or down, these forums and words from everyone here on the site does remind me to keep my hopes up and stay focused.
I agree the breast lift was a lot easier to recover from than the tummy tuck. Like you I had a lot of back pain but that was due to me not being able to stand up straight. Like I said I am 6 weeks post op and I didn't start standing up straight till about 4 1/2 weeks. Once I was able to do that the back pain went away. Hang in there as the days do get better.
You look fabulous!!!! WTG WTG WTG!! I'm same amount of yrs married and same aged kiddos :-) I've had a lot of health dramas in the past and used this 39th year of mine to get healthy And do for myself before I hit 40!!! I had surgery on Feb 28th but dr didn't finish until early am March 1st... I've found it to be a long recovery (of course we all know it will be lol) because one day I'm feeling really good and then a day like today, out for 4 hrs and the entire time was uncomfortable, going through Dick's getting cleats for the youngest and WHAM muscle repair decides to kick it into overdrive spasms!!!! I couldn't wait to get home and put feet up!!! I've had a horrible time falling asleep and for no particular reason.... But I'm soooooooooo happy I did this!!! I had asked my DR to do the breast lift but he couldn't do it as I was under for about 7 1/2 hrs...... He said he could do it in June, but I don't think I'm going to to a BL during summertime!!! Your breasts look SO GREAT!! Your belly looks so great and your belly button is perfect!!!! Update when you get a chance!!

Updated Pic at 3 months